Why do you support your team ?

only been a gooner since i was 9.... till then i didnt follow footie at all but my bestie got me into it and he was an arsenal fan and after a while he got me a ticket to arsenal vs chelsea (carling cup final) and i fell truly in love with arsenal then <3

If I moved to America or any other place in the world I'd still follow and support Arsenal. To be fair though my cousin, who's Australian and lives there too, flies back around once every two months to watch Arsenal. Doesn't sound a lot but costs a bomb I bet.

forgot to mention in my post earlier Stevenage are like my second team now because of a mate who supports them :) his told me alot about the club watched them play against portsmoth on sky sports in carling cup this year and managed them on fm and have got a better idea about the club and the players now :) hoping to maybe in the future go to a stevenage game :) Mate has told me tickets are about 7 quid which is whole lot cheaper than the usual 70 quid you need to pay to watch Chelsea play which must be an advantage to supporting low league clubs :) ;)

I support liverpool because I have roots up there. Unfortunatly I cant go to many games as i live down in the south.

I support Brighton because they are my local club and I can go along to games

Yeah, just me no-one else.

Sorry for answering Trivaldo's question guys.

It was aimed at more than just you, yours was just the post I decided to quote.

If I moved to America or any other place in the world I'd still follow and support Arsenal. To be fair though my cousin, who's Australian and lives there too, flies back around once every two months to watch Arsenal. Doesn't sound a lot but costs a bomb I bet.

Exactly.

Don't talk about logic XD

Following a team means you go to games?

following a team doesnt mean going to games, it means "following" the results etc. if you want yo be critical, supporting means giving money to support the club but it is just used as being a fan of them, stop trying to make **** jokes.

Don't have a number 1 team I follow. If I was forced to say who my no1 is I'd say Ajax. As I've been to around 40 home games when I was working in Holland. Back in the 90's they were one of the powerhouses of Europe and played an entertaining brand of football. Also one of the few teams I've had the pleasure of watching a home rivalry in the flesh.

Blackpool is rapidly growing on me.

I support Villa 'cause I lived in Birmingham from the ages 9-12, right when I was getting into football. I support Palace because they're my hometown team.

I also hold affections for Dortmund (played as them all the time in FM 05) St. Pauli (Kult Klub? Kount me in) Exeter (My brother's team) Arsenal (My best friend's team, and a local club) and Bromley (Another local team). Please note I didn't say I support these last lot, I just like them.

I also seem to have a slight knack for supporting clubs that enter/almost enter administration :S

Always supported Wigan as it's my home town, most of my family are Man United supporters though

Don't have a number 1 team I follow. If I was forced to say who my no1 is I'd say Ajax. As I've been to around 40 home games when I was working in Holland. Back in the 90's they were one of the powerhouses of Europe and played an entertaining brand of football. Also one of the few teams I've had the pleasure of watching a home rivalry in the flesh.

Blackpool is rapidly growing on me.

I must admit I do like Ajax the players they seem to produce are top class but recently if ever they get a sniff of talent the big clubs seem to swoop in which i personally think is wrong

My dad and uncles are mad Celtic fans so it caught on, been a season ticket holder since i was 5, and been to 9 liverpool games, love them both :)

Because they are my town's team, basically.
Also my dad always followed them.

YouTube - Michael Owen scores against Brazil

Because of that. It was love at first site. Was the first World Cup I really ever paid any attention to. I've always had a habit of rooting for the underdog, so naturally when he scored I was delighted. I found out which club he played for and since then I've been a non-stop supporter. Just wish I could catch more matches. **** time zones!!!! :(

Now it's my lifelong dream to attend a big match at Anfield.

Last edited:
Just started supporting them today because they got took-over by some rich Yank.

Nah but in all seriousness, I was born in Liverpool, always have. Family all support Liverpool, always have. Great Grandad was actually a Liverpool director back in the day (20's, 30's). I was never really going to support anyone else.

Argyle cause I'm from Plymouth, Arsenal because my grandad got me into them at an early age, plus they were the best team when I started really getting into football :p