Why do you support your team ?

So because i live in another country for 2 years i cant follow my team anymore? good logic there.

Don't talk about logic XD

Following a team means you go to games?

Don't talk about logic XD

Following a team means you go to games?
well im not really in a position am i? so does that mean if i move countries i cant follow my team? i follow them by checking the news about them, watch any game on TV, sometimes get up at 7 AM to watch the 12 midday kick offs in England, i be as loyal as i can be with what i have.

What's loftus park like as the rugby club i support, saracens may be moving there if they don't stay at vicarage road

Like I said, it's cosy and usually the atmosphere is electric, but the volume is usually pretty low. It's a cosy little stadium, suits the club perfectly IMO.

well im not really in a position am i? so does that mean if i move countries i cant follow my team? i follow them by checking the news about them, watch any game on TV, sometimes get up at 7 AM to watch the 12 midday kick offs in England, i be as loyal as i can be with what i have.

Lolololol! You think following a team means watching the games? XD

You epitomise glory hunter, I mean Bristol Rover jeez.

Don't start this argument or I will have you both thoroughly ******.

And for the people that prefer being told to stay on topic by themadsheep...

.. stay on topic or infractions will be given!

when i was really young, 4-5ish all my mates followed Liverpool, i wasn't mad about football at this stage but my mates were and Liverpool were the team... Wanting to be different i asked my dad about other football teams and he mentioned that Man United and Arsenal were also big teams with a strong history... My dad supports Arsenal so in the interest of being different to both i decided to take an interest in Man United...

Man United finished runners up to Liverpool at the same sort of time (1988) my friends told me United were **** but i hoped United would win the league the next season so i could get my own back. Unfortunately Arsenal won and United were nowhere, Liverpool won again in 90 and by this time i was old enough to know how long it had been without United winning the league, my mates enjoyed telling me over and over, but i was happy enough because i didn't just choose the best team - and, of course, i have had the last laugh and i've been laughing for twenty years (6)

The irony of it is, being from Northampton, i inevitably get labelled a 'glory supporter' (my friends are also from Northampton but its ok to support Liverpool apparently without a similar tag)

what would you have me do? fly back every weekend, party boy the coaches and players into giving me autographs? buy every peice of merchandise? But i clearly cant can i? im not rich like Andid1, and to be honest i cant be arsed to fly back every weekend, no one could.

when i was really young, 4-5ish all my mates followed Liverpool, i wasn't mad about football at this stage but my mates were and Liverpool were the team... Wanting to be different i asked my dad about other football teams and he mentioned that Man United and Arsenal were also big teams with a strong history... My dad supports Arsenal so in the interest of being different to both i decided to take an interest in Man United...

Man United finished runners up to Liverpool at the same sort of time (1988) my friends told me United were **** but i hoped United would win the league the next season so i could get my own back. Unfortunately Arsenal won and United were nowhere, Liverpool won again in 90 and by this time i was old enough to know how long it had been without United winning the league, my mates enjoyed telling me over and over, but i was happy enough because i didn't just choose the best team - and, of course, i have had the last laugh and i've been laughing for twenty years (6)

The irony of it is, being from Northampton, i inevitably get labelled a 'glory supporter' (my friends are also from Northampton but its ok to support Liverpool apparently without a similar tag)

You can't be called a glory hunter for supporting Liverpool these days.. nobody would take you seriously.

You can't be called a glory hunter for supporting Liverpool these days.. nobody would take you seriously.

that wasn't my point - i'm from Northampton, i get told i shouldn't support united because of this, but my friends support Liverpool and were also born and raised in Northampton and they escape the abuse becuase their team has fallen from grace - despite us chossing our teams at a young age due to their successes then, during the eighties choosing United wasn't 'glory supporting' cos Liverpool were far better

One thing i do know is that at school, late 80's early 90's i don't remember any Chelsea supporters - theres a whole new generation of glory supporters floating around now they had some success

that wasn't my point - i'm from Northampton, i get told i shouldn't support united because of this, but my friends support Liverpool and were also born and raised in Northampton and they escape the abuse becuase their team has fallen from grace - despite us chossing our teams at a young age due to their successes then, during the eighties choosing United wasn't 'glory supporting' cos Liverpool were far better

One thing i do know is that at school, late 80's early 90's i don't remember any Chelsea supporters - theres a whole new generation of glory supporters floating around now they had some success

It happens with every club that starts winning things though. I know alot of people that support Man Utd and say i have supported them all my life but when they were born Utd were the team winning things so you could say they are also gloryhunting in a way.

Yeah, when Fulham won the Intertoto cup, I got a helluva lot "glory hunter" remarks.

It happens with every club that starts winning things though. I know alot of people that support Man Utd and say i have supported them all my life but when they were born Utd were the team winning things so you could say they are also gloryhunting in a way.

Thought you'd pipe up after my comment...

Lets make one thing clear, i wasn't labelling you as a glory supporter - how could i when below your avatar it says SINCE 1995!!! i was just saying there are a huge number of kids around these days with blue shirts on, significantly more than there were when when i was a kid...

I have supported United since 87 and you have supported Chelsea since 95 so we are in the same boat, a boat which is going horribly off topic

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Apologies CJACKO11, that came across far ruder than it meant to

Yeah, when Fulham won the Intertoto cup, I got a helluva lot "glory hunter" remarks.

I'm labelled a glory-hunter, but when I ask for a reason to upport any other team, nobody can come up with an answer, as all my family are Celtic/Rangers, and I dont hreally have a local team tbh, but thre nearest is **** :S

what would you have me do? fly back every weekend, party boy the coaches and players into giving me autographs? buy every peice of merchandise? But i clearly cant can i? im not rich like Andid1, and to be honest i cant be arsed to fly back every weekend, no one could.

No, obviously, but don't say you follow them when you clearly don't XD

Thought you'd pipe up after my comment...

Lets make one thing clear, i wasn't labelling you as a glory supporter - how could i when below your avatar it says SINCE 1995!!! i was just saying there are a huge number of kids around these days with blue shirts on, significantly more than there were when when i was a kid...

I have supported United since 87 and you have supported Chelsea since 95 so we are in the same boat, a boat which is going horribly off topic

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Apologies CJACKO11, that came across far ruder than it meant to

Nah i took it in good spirit mate, and i totally agree with you and i see alot more Chelsea shirts now days then 10odd years ago. But you will start seeing it with Man City i never saw any City shirts in Portsmouth but i see them on a regular basis now.

No, obviously, but don't say you follow them when you clearly don't XD

why does it matter to you how many games he does or does not go to???

Dunc's warned you twice. stay on topic or ill close the thread.

yes, i like using bold