Why do you support your team ?

KA5A8IAN

Reaction score
Searched, found nothing, it might be in the wrong place mods (sorry(A)) but I couldn't find a better place to post it.

So, why do you support your team ?? I support Rangers because all of my Dads side of the family does, and my local team was ****. (Really,really ****.) Also, do you go to the games ? We go to all home games, and attempt to go to away games, but recently finances have prohibited the away game ventures :(

So, why do you support your team ?

My Dad supported Chelsea since he was a kid and I just caught on

I support Arsenal as I was brought up in a Gunners family - before my dad moved to Wales he lived just around the corner. Ever since the 1999-00 season (when I was 7/8) I went to about 20-25 games per season, home and away, right up until the end of 2006-07 season (the first in the Emirates) as my dad fell seriously ill. Haven't been since but dying to go again, really miss those times :'(

Swansea are my closest professional football club so look out for their results.

Espanyol are my 'FM' team. I had a successful story with Espanyol and since then I've kept up with their results/news online and on TV and even have their away shirt from last season and this one's being despatched soon.

Last edited:
Some of my family live in Manchester and my Dad supports them.

I support Queens Park Rangers because, locally, I live like 10 minutes away from their ground, Loftus Road.

I loved Juventus when I was a young boy.

Thats why I support Plymouth.

Im a Chelsea fans born and raised in Portsmouth and still live here now but i have always supported Chelsea. Im now 21 but didn't get properly into football untill i was about 7 so my first proper memories of Chelsea was in 1996. My dad supports Chelsea although he did used to support Leeds in the 70s but changed late in the 70s. My brother also supports Chelsea and so does his best mate and so does my best mate so their is a few around me at times.

was born in Manchester into a City supporting family, i didn't get on very well with my Dad so I decided to support United and have done ever since. Am a season ticket holder, have been for past few seasons now. try to go to as many away games as possible but its not always easy to win the ballott!

Rangers are my local team and my uncle, whom I really look up to is a massive Rangers fan. :wub:

My Dad and Grandad had season tickets, all their lives, pretty much. When my Grandad died, I took up his season ticket. We go to all home games, and whatever away ones we can get, Blackburn every year away, is the exception.

I support them, because, well my family do, brought up with it, and we're a great club for fans!

My dad and bro do, i come from doncaster but have you ever been to one of their games, **** atmosphere
plus leeds are mint

MOT

Because there my local team, and I'm not a glory hunter, I could easily sit and support Utd/City/Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea and not go to games, but I support my local team and always will, whether there good or not, I don't care, I'm proud of who I support.

I have a season ticket and go most away games, this season I've been to them all.

Local team basically. It helps that my whole family support the lads as well.

A lot of my family on my mum's side are from wakefield and all support Leeds. My mum supports Utd so I had to back her up. It's great having family footballing rivalries!

Also have a soft spot for Forest - my local team that my brother supports

was born in Manchester into a City supporting family, i didn't get on very well with my Dad so I decided to support United and have done ever since. Am a season ticket holder, have been for past few seasons now. try to go to as many away games as possible but its not always easy to win the ballott!

Just want to clarify something ryan, you say your dad supports City, but you told me once that he is a utd supporter and he is what got you into Utd. you also say you didnt get on with him, or maybe still dont. but you told me all this, whilst round his on MSN one time?

Not another Story is it?

This is gonna sound like a bit of a **** reason but when I was about 7 it was coming up to the 96/97 FA Cup 4th round tie between Chelsea and Liverpool. And because my dad supported Liverpool, I decided to support Chelsea and what a great decision that was

I have to be honest, the only reason I support Plymouth, is because if I didn't, then their attendance would drop by half every game, to 1. Thats why they give me a season ticket.

Just want to clarify something ryan, you say your dad supports City, but you told me once that he is a utd supporter and he is what got you into Utd. you also say you didnt get on with him, or maybe still dont. but you told me all this, whilst round his on MSN one time?

Not another Story is it?

I am suprised his wife lets him go to the football tbh, he should be at home looking after their child.

The reason i support Derby County was because at an early age I heard andy gray say the best games are always derby games

I have to be honest, the only reason I support Plymouth, is because if I didn't, then their attendance would drop by half every game, to 1. Thats why they give me a season ticket.

I think half the people flock in to see you bumming someone XD

On topic:
I hate Le **** due to the cheating of players like Henry/Vieira/Ashley Cole so I support their rivals Tottenham :p

I support Pune FC because its my hometown club.