Wigan Athletic: Piers, Pies, and the Premier League

Should I plough on and try and get a new job or start a brand new story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i got the team GB job too when i was sacked from Chelsea lol, read my story if you want "Chelsea: My big call up" and read how i got on ;)
I was following until you got sacked but I'll have the look at how u did m8

Match Report
TEAM GB 2-1 TEAM USA
Smalling, Bale Esqueleto

England played well but were lucky to escape with a win over Team U.S.A. They took the lead when Smalling nodded in Gareth Bale's corner. England controlled the game after that, but when USA got a free kick in the 85th minute, surprise inclusion Esqueleto proved his worth with a curling free kick into the top corner. With England staring at a huge upset, Michael Bradley gave away a free kick in the 7th (!!!) minute of stoppage time. Bale stepped up and provided an exact copy of Esqueleto's drive, getting oer the wall and bending into the top corner. A lucky escape, but three points for Team GB are exactly what was needed.
MOTM for Team GB: Gareth Bale (1 goal, 1 assist)
MOTM for Team USA: Tim Howard

i did, i got offered a job at a very good club, have too read the next update to find out who though ;)

View attachment 262205

Match Report
TEAM GB 3-0 Nigeria
Sturridge, Young, Beckham

Team GB put in a dominant performance over Nigeria which sees them reach the quarter finals of London2012. Things got off to a good start when Beckham put in a classic bending cross which Rooney got on the end of. His shot was pushed out but Sturridge pounced on the rebound for 1-0. Then Sturridge provided a lovely through ball for Ashley Young who calmly slotted it home for 2-0. Beckham rounded of a great performance with a vintage 25 yard free kick. Team GB look a real force in this competition after two good performances.

Na Everton are doing too good lol, read the new update and find out ;) and i have done mate, i said soldier on like i have lol

View attachment 262211

TEAM GB 3-1 Japan
Welbeck (2), Rooney

Another dominant performance by Team GB as they finish top of their group with 9 points out of 9, however they were given a scare late on. GB took the lead when Welbeck went one on one with the Japanese goalie and calmly slotted home. Welbeck comes off a great season on loan at Newcastle, having helped them to a top 4 finish with 22 league goals. After 80 minutes, however, Japan equalised from a controversial penalty, giving Team GB a mighty scare. However, that man Welbeck scored again, another one on one coolly slotted home. Rooney finished the job in stoppage time from a diving header from an Oxlade-Chamberlain cross. Team GB will play Cote d'Ivoire in the quarter finals.

MOTM for Team GB: Danny Welbeck (2 goals)
MOTM for Japan: Shunsuke Nakamura (1 goal)

Match Report Olympic Football Quarter Finals
View attachment 262213

TEAM GB 4-1 Cote d'Ivoire
Young, Welbeck (3, 1pen)

Team GB really announced themselves to the favourites Brazil and Spain after a fantastic performance against a good Ivory Coast side. Ashley Young pounced on Lomboue's error to put Team GB in front after just 4 minutes. Welbeck extended the lead after 25 minutes with one of his patented one on one finishes. He made it 3-0 just before half time with a stunning volley from the edge of the box. Cote d'Ivoire got one back after Doumbia stuck his leg out and deflected Cheick Tiote's shot in. When Bamba gave away a penalty, however, star man Welbeck smashed home the penalty to complete his hat-trick and put him top of the scoring charts. He really has announced himself as one of Europe's top strikers and is a dead cert to partner Rooney at Man United up front next season.

Team GB MOTM: Danny Welbeck (3 goals)
Cote d'Ivoire MOTM: Cheick Tiote

View attachment 262232
Match Report for Olympic Football Semi Final

TEAMGB 4-1 Spain
Smalling, Bale, Rooney, Welbeck

What a great performance! Team GB dominated joint favourites Spain from start to finish. Smalling nodded in a Beckham corner after just four minutes, but suffered the embarrassment of scoring an own goal just 3 minutes later. However, Team GB replied instantly, with Bale latching onto a Walcott cross to nod home. Rooney scored perhaps the goal of the tournament after Welbeck laid him off and Rooney chipped Iker Casillas from the edge of the box. Welbeck got his customary goal after Pique made an uncharacteristic error, missing an easy header allowing Welbeck to steal in and head home. Team GB will play Brazil (i think) in the Gold Medal match.

MOTM for Team GB: Danny Welbeck (1 goal, 1 assist)
MOTM for Spain: Iker Casillas

Last edited:
FFS Rooney is banned for the final because he has got 3 yellows -_-

hope so, sturridge got a goal this torunament so hopefully he can deliver like a postman.

I'll post the update for the gold medal match soon, and I will try and get a new job, so keep folllowing :D

Match Report for Gold Medal Match
View attachment 262298

TEAM GB 3-1 Brazil
Wilshere (p), Welbeck, Bertrand

An inspiring comeback from Team GB sees them take the gold medal against favourites Brazil, and leave alot of teams taking interest in manager Gary Holliway. Brazil took the lead when inexperienced James Tomkins missed a clearance and Alexandre Pato had an easy goal. Team GB got lucky when Dede put in a reckless sliding challenge on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and were awarded a penalty. Vice-captain Jack Wilshere had no problem in stepping up and scoring for 1-1. Team GB took the lead after Danny Welbeckpunced on goalkeeper Jefferson's fumble after 55 minutes. Ryan Betrand sealed it on 76 minutes after he arrived to power in a 20 yard piledriver. A fantastic result and the nation is ecstatic. Manager Gary Holliway after the match: "I knew the lads could do it, they are so talented and it is obvious to see that our next generation of English and Welsh players are gonna be absolute world beaters! Unfortunately, now the Olympics are over my time with GB has come to an end, and I'd like to thank Roy Hodgson for giving me this magnificent opportunity, I might not have deserved it after the season I had with Wigan, but I took my opportunit and hopefully, I'll get straight back into management, because it's where I belong. Thanks Gabriel".

Tournament Awards (Team GB only):
Best player: Gareth Bale
Top scorer: Danny Welbeck (7 goals in six games)

Tournament Awards (overall)
Best player: Ganso, Brazil
Top scorer: Danny Welbeck, Team GB (7 goals in 6 games)
Best goalkeeper: Iker Casillas, Spain (4 clean sheets)
Best defender: Chris Smalling, Team GB
Best midfielder (not counting POT): Sergio Canales, Spain (4 assists)
Best striker (not counting TS): Neymar, Brazil (6 goals)