Wigan Athletic: Piers, Pies, and the Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter likeabaws
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 12K

Should I plough on and try and get a new job or start a brand new story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1) how did you get Van Der Vart for 2.7 million? lol
2) you should change the layout mate, if you wanna keep the style your doing now then you deffo need pictures with better text (colour/font)
3) You can't really have a story line with the style of thread your doing, this is more of a documenting story rather then an actual story thread (like my story)
Nice to see an update for once though ;)

1) how did you get Van Der Vart for 2.7 million? lol
2) you should change the layout mate, if you wanna keep the style your doing now then you deffo need pictures with better text (colour/font)
3) You can't really have a story line with the style of thread your doing, this is more of a documenting story rather then an actual story thread (like my story)
Nice to see an update for once though ;)

1) Transfer listed and his pace stats have dropped abit cos of an injury but otherwise class
2) Ok, pictures as in?? Logos or what?
3) I was thinking that I wrote the narrative to fit in with the updates, so maybe if we won a cup, we'd go out to celebrate and then something bad would happen. Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, finally ;)

1) Transfer listed and his pace stats have dropped abit cos of an injury but otherwise class
2) Ok, pictures as in?? Logos or what?
3) I was thinking that I wrote the narrative to fit in with the updates, so maybe if we won a cup, we'd go out to celebrate and then something bad would happen. Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, finally ;)
Like add some screenshots of tactics or transfers, maybe even the league each month? Keep it up though, i wanna see who has the better Tottenham season ;)

I will. WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS! we have an absolutely beats squad, I'll post a screenie of the 1st choice team and the backup.

Change player roles. Change Damiao to a Advanced Forward. Gyfi to a AP and Modric to a DLP. Make Cissoko a WB as well

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER - A TRULY SH!TE START

Liverpool 4-1 Tottenham
Dawson

Spurs 1-3 Man City
Sigurddson

Arsenal 6-0 Spurs

Spurs 2-0 Fulham
Damiao (2)

Spurs 0-2 Strasbourg

West Ham 0-3 Spurs
Balotelli (2), Damiao

Olympiakos 0-2 Spurs
Damiao, Bale

We have started to slightly turn it around but the defeat against Arsenal was shocking. I put man marking on Giroud but he scored 5 -_-. I hope we can still get a top 4 finish but our early form doesn't suggest that.

Whats Giroud's Pace like though? Because marking someone tightly can sometimes backfire if theyre fast and/or have good Off The Ball stats

Whats Giroud's Pace like though? Because marking someone tightly can sometimes backfire if theyre fast and/or have good Off The Ball stats
He's a big fella so I don't think they'd be gr8

He's a big fella so I don't think they'd be gr8
Llorente is a big lad and his Off The Ball is incredible if I remember right, Pace isnt too bad either. Anyway hope it all works out

Llorente is a big lad and his Off The Ball is incredible if I remember right, Pace isnt too bad either. Anyway hope it all works out
Cheers mate, Girouds off the ball is 14 and pace is 14 aswell, so I think on the day just ***** defending by vertnghen

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER - BOUNCING BACK

Olympiakos 0-2 Spurs
Damiao, Bale

Chelsea 1-3 Spurs
Debuchy, Marchisio, Balotelli

Spurs 4-1 Wigan
Damiao (2), van der Vaart (2)

Bayern Munich 2-1 Spurs
Defoe

Aston Villa 3-2 Spurs
Defoe, Modric

Spurs 3-2 Newcastle
Damiao, Manga, Modric

Spurs 7 (I **** you not!) - 2 Bayern Munich
Vertonghen (2), Damiao, Boudebouz, Sandro, Defoe (2)

Everton 1-6 Spurs
Balotelli, Manga (2), Boudebouz, Modric, Damiao

Spurs 1-0 Man Utd
Sigurddson (FK)

Spurs 4-0 Coventry
Lennon, Wijnaldum, Damiao, Manga

Salzburg 0-3 Spurs
Taraabt, Damiao, Sigurddson

Wolves 2-3 Spurs
Damiao, Defoe (2)

BEST PLAYER AWARD FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER GOES TO:
Jermain Defoe
He came off the becn when we were 2-1 down o Wolves and scored twice to win the game. What a top lad. Has been consistently scoring. It was a toss up between him and Damiao, but Defoe is a ledge so I chose him.
View attachment 262473
Defoe celebrates after coming off the bench to score twice and win the game for Spurs vs Wolves

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER GOES TO:
Anders Lindegaard
Didn't concede before the Wolves game for three whole games and has commanded his area. A big improvement to the uncertain new boy we saw in August/September. Has truly made the No. 1 spot his own.
View attachment 262474
Lindegaard in his United days.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Aston Villa on the verge of sacking Andre Villas Boas
Tottenham will sign young full back Luis Rafael in January
Roma and Udinese swap managers
West Brom flying high in 5th place
Tottenham end the month in Champions League spots
Brian Kidd is new Spurs assistant manager after Steve Round goes to United

Last edited:
DECEMBER/JANUARY - TAKING CONTROL

- SPURS TOP OF THE LEAGUE AFTER AN ALL-TIME RECORD BREAKING 15 GAMES WON IN A ROW!
- HANGELAND SIGNS FOR £10MILLION AS CAULKER LOOKS SET TO LEAVE!
- HOLLIWAY STILL WITHOUT MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARD DESPITE WINNING EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR PAST 3 MONTHS!

Spurs 3-0 Reading
Sigurdsson, Damiao, Bale

Spurs 1-0 Olympiakos
Defoe

Spurs 8-0 Bolton
Damiao (4), Boudebouz, Sigurdsson, og, Williams

QPR 0-4 Spurs
Damiao, Boudebouz, Bale, Sigurdsson

West Brom 0-2 Spurs
Damiao (2)

Spurs 2-1 Sunderland
Vertonghen, Wijnaldum

Spurs 1-0 Liverpool
Sigurdsson

FA Cup 3rd Round
Spurs 2-0 Burnley
Defoe, Wijnaldum

Southampton 1-2 Spurs
Sigurdsson, Modric

Man City 0-1 Spurs
Damiao

Spurs 3-1 Arsenal
o.g, Sandro, Balotelli

Fulham 0-3 Spurs
Balotelli, Sigurdsson, Damiao

BEST PLAYER AWARD GOES TO:
Gyfli Sigurdsson
He has scored some cracking goals including the winner against Liverpool and also tons of assists, so he deserves some recognition.
View attachment 262688
Gylfi in training

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER GOES TO:
Jan Vertonghen
He has become a rock at the back, a far cry from the defender that's highest rating in the first 5 games was 6.2.
View attachment 262690
Vertonghen speaking after his great defensive work against City

IN OTHER NEWS!
Boudebouz is runner up in African Young Player of the Year!
Spurs sign Luis Rafael
Lennon, Caulker and WIjnaldum ask for transfers - Caulker and Lennon are accepted but Wijanldum's rejected!

League Table
View attachment 262691

like to get some feedback on this please! I haven't had a comment in a while is anyone actually following?

Ok guys, I am really enjoying this series and story BUT - I may start a new story not an ordinary story though, EITHER!:
An emulation of Brendan Rodgers. Basically I start at Watford (Rodgers' 1st club). I then move to Reading, and then on to Swansea, and then Liverpool. Similar to the story on at the moment "Another emulation of \sir Alex Ferguson" but Ferguson has been done alot so I would like to try a different manager.
OR!
A " BE the Board" game. Basically , you guys and myself beome the board of a team. We choose the team and I'm the manager, but all matches are hollidayed and the assistant, in effect, manages the team. We sack him if he is doing well, and we decide on the transfers
Which one would you like to see more?

^^Please note even if the proposed story goes through I will NOT stop this Spurs one, I will differentiate between the two

^^Please note even if the proposed story goes through I will NOT stop this Spurs one, I will differentiate between the two
I strongly advise you don't start a seperate story unless you reallly can commit to them both. An emulation of Brenden Rodgers would be good

Back