Hey everyone, first of all I want to say thanks for the great support that this story has gotten, I didn't think that this many people would be interested in it but I'm glad people are enjoying it.

However I've been having trouble motivating myself to play it recently, after I had to stop for a few days because I was incredibly busy. I'm thinking of splitting my save so I still have this one to play but I have another one where I take control of another club somewhere else in Europe; so don't be surprised if you don't see this story properly updated for a while but I'll do my best to keep it going as regularly as possible.

Also on a side-note, I was wondering what the interest would be for a story about my second save where I leave Wigan and manage another team in Europe. Leave a comment and let me know if you have anything to say on it.

Again thanks for the support and hopefully I'll get back into it and start updating regularly again :)

A quick update on moving teams in another save, I holidayed through two Christmases because that's when people seem to get fired a lot and I got quite a few offers. I thought I'd post screenshots of the offers and see what you think I should take. Some of them seem more tempting than others but it will be interesting to see what you think. Again let me know if you would be interesting in me starting another story with the team that I decide to go with.

View attachment 317311View attachment 317312View attachment 317313View attachment 317314View attachment 317315View attachment 317316View attachment 317317View attachment 317318View attachment 317319View attachment 317320View attachment 317321View attachment 317323View attachment 317324View attachment 317325View attachment 317326View attachment 317327View attachment 317328View attachment 317331View attachment 317332View attachment 317333View attachment 317334View attachment 317335View attachment 317336View attachment 317337View attachment 317338View attachment 317339View attachment 317340View attachment 317341View attachment 317342View attachment 317343

Sorry, that's quite a lot of screenshots for one post so I'll put the top 5 and bottom 5 for different areas.

Top 5 Reputation:
AC Milan
Inter
Tottenham
Napoli
Valencia

Bottom 5 Reputation:
QPR
Brescia
Wolves
NAC Breda
FC Groningen

Top 5 Transfer Budget:
Tottenham - 42m
West Ham - 31.5m
Inter - 25m
Real Sociedad - 21m
Napoli - 20.5m

Bottom 5 Transfer Budgets:
AC Milan - 0
Girondins Bordeaux - 175K
Bari - 525K
NAC Breda - 750K
QPR - 1m

Top 5 Wage Budgets:
Tottenham - 1.8m
Inter - 1.6m
AC - 1.3m
West Ham - 1m
Valencia - 950K

Bottom 5 Wage Budgets:
Racing - 160K
Brescia - 140K
Bari - 98K
FC Groningen - 86K
NAC Breda - 56K

I would go spurs or west ham!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would go for them because they have really good transfer/wage budgets but they're both in the Premier League and I want to have a crack at another league

Conroy Offered Arsenal Job

Offers coming in for Conroy at the end of a season seems to be coming routine for Wigan as yet another offer has come through for him. This time the mighty Arsenal wanted his signature but after winning the league, Conroy wanted to see if he could defend it and have a crack at the Champions League with Wigan. The board will be hoping that Champions League football will be a regular occurrence at Wigan as the aim for this season is to secure Champions League qualification again. If they play like they did last season then this shouldn't be a problem but the football gods are fickle and they may decide to end Wigan's fantastic run since Conroy's takeover.

View attachment 318559
Pre season

Friendly
21/7/16
Girondins Bordeaux 1 vs. 5 Wigan
Mameav(18, 34) Sulejmani(46, 64, 66)

24/7/16

US Cretail-Lusitanos 0 vs. 0 Wigan

30/7/16
Leyton Orient 1 vs.4 Wigan
Lacazette(8) McCarthy(63) Wellington Nem(76) Caldwell(84)

3/8/16
Wigan 5 vs. 1 Granada
Wellington Nem(28,35) Lacazette(37) Matuidi(40) Barkley(70)

Community Shield
7/8/16

Newcastle 0 vs. 2 Wigan
Ramis(3) Sluejmani(25)

We managed to win the Community Shield at the second time of asking, to be honest I expected to as it was against Newcastle but another trophy to add to the collection.

Managerial Merry-go-round

17/5/16 Wenger resigns from Arsenal
7/5/16 McCoist sacked by Rangers
16/5/16 Chris Powell sacked by Leeds
19/5/16 Gus Poyet named Leeds manager
19/5/16 Ben Webster hired as Rangers manager
23/5/16 Approached for Arsenal job
26/5/16 Martinez leaves QPR to join Arsenal
6/6/16 Lee Clark leaves Birmingham to join QPR

Summary

A pretty good pre-season all in all again with another trophy added to the cabinet, albeit only the Community Shield. I tweaked the tactics again but only slightly and hopefully we'll carry on doing well against the big teams. I brought in a couple of English players to help with the Champions League requirements as well as an English prospect or two. I managed to get all my loan players out on loan, mostly to good Serie A teams so hopefully they'll get a lot of playing time at a high level.

Transfers
View attachment 318562

My Aims For This Season:

Win the Capital One Cup
Reach Quarter Finals at least of F.A Cup
Reach First Knockout Round of Champions League
4th or higher in the league
Keep at least 25 clean sheets

Board Aims For This Season:

Reach First Knockout Round of Champions League
Semi Finals of the F.A Cup
Qualify for Champions League through league position

Early Wigan Slip Up In Title Defence

After having their first game of the season against the 'top 4' teams since Conroy took over, they were looking to take maximum points as they were given a relatively easy opening. However a 1-1 draw away to Fulham wasn't part of the plan and they've lost ground early on, on their rivals. Wigan will need to make sure that they win as many of those games as possible if they're going to defend their title and they'll need to still perform well against the top teams. Wigan have also been handed a pretty tough group in the Champions League which includes the German giants Bayern Munich. The players, fans and manager will still be expecting to qualify for the knockout rounds and from there who knows...

View attachment 318589
August

Champions League Group D
Bayern Munich
Benfica
Wigan
FC Kobenhaven

Carling Cup 3rd Round
Wigan vs. Coventry

Premier League
13/8/16

Wigan 3 vs. 0 Stoke
Sulejmani(26,57) Wellington Nem(76)

A great way to start the season, it's good to start the season with a game against someone other than Chelsea, Utd etc.

21/8/16
Fulham 1 vs. 1 Wigan
Ademilson(56)

Not too sure what happened here, we just couldn't seem to get going for some reason.

27/8/16
Wigan 4 vs. 2 Sunderland
Ademilson(20, 56, 76) Ramis(39)

That's a bit more like it. Ademilson seems to love playing against Sunderland, I wish we could play them more often.

(I forgot to take a screenshot of the league)

I ended up splitting my save with Wigan and took the Tottenham job as they finished currently a point behind United and 4points clear of 3rd. If you thinking of venturing into Europe maybe Real Sociedad would be a good route? Decent money to work with and try and De-throne Barce and Real as the Spanish fources?

Rocky Start to September but Wigan Recover Well

Things didn't start off too well for Wigan this month with back to back defeats against two top teams, one in the Champions League and one in the Premier League. Wigan were neveer expecting to beat Bayern Munich and gave them a good game but they fell to pieces against Tottenham a few days before that. People were saying how much of a challenge it would be for Conroy to defend his title and they've been proven right as the teams around them have stepped up their game this season. Wigan will have to make sure they take as many points as possible from the other title contenders if they're going to be in with a shout of winning the title and the end of the season.

View attachment 321638

September

Premier League
10/9/16

Tottenham 3 vs. 0 Wigan

Don't know what happened here, we just fell to pieces after the first goal went in.

Champions League Group D
13/9/16

Bayern Munich 2 vs. 1 Wigan
Ademilson(31)

Not a terrible result against a strong Bayern team, we may have been able to ****** a point but it wasn't to be.

Premier League
17/9/16

Wigan 4 vs. 1 Everton
Matuidi(1) Ademilson(3, 21, pen 62)

That's a lot more like it after consecutive losses, a great win against Everton.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
21/9/16
Coventry 1 vs. 4 Wigan
Ademilson(18, 25, 82) Batth(52)

Back to back hat-tricks for Ademilson is good enough for me.

Premier League
24/9/16

West Ham 1 vs. 2 Wigan
Caldwell(pen 25) Barkley(51)

Another solid win, not too happy about all the goals we're conceding.

Champions League Group D
28/9/16

Wigan 4 vs. 0 FC Kobenhavn
Doumbia(18, 20, pen 31) Caulker(79)

First ever Wigan win in the Champions League was a comprehensive one with a clean sheet as well.

View attachment 321644View attachment 321645

Another Poor Start But Wigan End Strongly Again

Wigan fans will be hoping that the team can get out of the habit of losing the first game of the month as it's starting to become routine for them. This time they had tougher games to recover from the loss as they had to play Benfica away, Chelsea twice and Man City away. Luckily for them they passed these tests with flying colours, seeing themselves through to the Quarter Finals of the Capital One Cup. Conroy will be hoping that this time they will finally be able to reach the semi-finals of the competition as they've reached the quarter finals at least twice without progressing. The test for Wigan will be whether their squad will be able to handle playing in multiple competitions if they progress in the Champions League as well as the Capital One Cup because the fixture list will be very congested around Januray and February for them.

View attachment 321650
Capital One Cup 4th Round
Wigan vs. Chelsea

October

Premier League
1/10/16

Aston Villa 3 vs. 1 Wigan
Adryan(90)

I couldn't believe we lost this game as we hit the woodwork at least three time and we just couldn't seem to score until the last minute. They got a penalty to start them off and some bad defending gave them a comfortable lead.

16/10/16
Wigan 1 vs. 0 Chelsea
Lacazette(50)

A warm up to the Capital On Cup game and if this performance is anything to go by we should be alright.

Champions League Group D
19/10/16

SL Benfica 1 vs. 1 Wigan
Doumbia(63)

Not a bad result away from home but they had a man sent off after about 25 minutes so we probably should have won.

Premier League
22/10/16

Wigan 2 vs. 0 Leicester
Ademilson(62, 78)

Solid win with Ademilson adding a couple more to his tally.

Capital One Cup 4th Round
26/10/16

Wigan 1 vs. 0 Chelsea
Mamaev(5)

Pretty much a repeat performance from earlier this month but with an earlier goal.

Premier League
29/10/16

Man City 0 vs. 2 Wigan
Batth(48) Wellington Nem(pen 60)

A great result away to Man City, not expecting it at all and I was chuffed to bits.

View attachment 321653View attachment 321654

Just to let everyone know, I'm not giving up with this thread it's just that I've been quite busy recently so it's been hard to play and update regularly. I will be updating but not as regularly as before so keep your eye out for when I do.

Wigan Beat Bayern on the Way to Qualifying for Knockout Rounds

Wigan Athletic have been performing above expectations in their debut season in the Champions League. They managed to beat Bayern Munich to secure their qualification to the knockout rounds and if Bayern had dropped points against Benfica then Wigan would have ended up topping the group. As it ended they finished second and will face Juventus in the next round. It's quite a difficult game for Wigan but if they play well then they've proven they can beat anyone and will be expecting to put in a good performance whether they win or not. On the plus side Wigan have managed to stop themselves losing at the start of the month and won every game this month. If they manage to keep this form up then they have a good chance of defending their first title, and progressing further in all the cups they're still in.

View attachment 325093

November

Champions League Group D
1/11/16

Wigan 3 vs. 0 SL Benfica
Adryan(55) Sulejmani(pen 59) Ademilson(89)

A great result against a tough Benfica side, didn't think we'd win 3-0.

Premier League
5/11/16

Swansea 1 vs. 3 Wigan
Ademilson(45, 74) Barkley(64)

Solid win away from home, Ademilson's in great form.

12/11/16
Newcastle 0 vs. 1 Wigan
Wellington Nem(pen 90)

We just managed to sneak a result here with a last minute penalty.

Champions League Group D
16/11/16

Wigan 2 vs. 1 Bayern Munich
Doumbia(32) Ademilson(36)

A fantastic win which seals qualification. When we went 1-0 down I thought that would be it but we came back to take the lead and somehow we held on!

Premier League
19/11/16

Wigan 3 vs. 1 Cardiff
Doumbia(38) Caulker(42) Sulejmani(pen 45+2)

Another easy win, we're scoring a lot of goals which is promising.

22/11/16
Wigan 5 vs. 2 Arsenal
Ademilson(7, 29, 87, 90+1) OG(75)

A really weird game, we went 2-0 up which is great but they pegged us back to 2-2. The own goal put us back in the lead almost straight away then Ademilson scored twice late on to finish it off completely.

26/11/16
Liverpool 0 vs. 1 Wigan
Naughton(89)

Another game where we sneaked it late on but we're picking up the points.

Champions League Group D
29/11/16

FC Kobenhavn 2 vs. 4 Wigan
Ademilson(7, 12, 61, 78)

We went 1-0 down then 2-1 but we managed to pull it back. The second time in a month where Ademilson scored four goals which is great form.

View attachment 325095View attachment 325096View attachment 325097

Last edited:
Wigan Continue Unbeaten Run and Only Concede One Goal

Wigan Athletic's good form from last month has carried forward into this month as they won every game apart from one and only conceded one goal in the entire month. They progressed to the Semi Finals of the Capital One Cup for the first time under Conroy's management which was one of his aims for the season. They also managed to avoid defeat against Man United which keeps them at the top of the table. No-one seems to be able to stop Wigan at the minute and as long as they can remain consistent until the end of the season then they should be walking away with at least one piece of silverware come May.

View attachment 325099
Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Blackburn vs. Wigan

December

Premier League
3/12/16

West Brom 0 vs. 3 Wigan
Naughton(2) Anderson(31) Sulejmani(pen 83)

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
7/12/16

Blackburn 0 vs. 1 Wigan
Doumbia(53)

Finally we managed to reach the semis of this competition, I thought we'd never do it and we made it tricky for ourselves here.

Premier League
11/12/16

Wigan 3 vs. 1 Bolton
Ademilson(66, 79, 83)

With Man United dropping points we would go top with a win and we nearly let it slip but Ademilson rescued us.

17/12/16
Wigan 3 vs. 0 QPR
Anderson(26, 35) Doumbia(75)

21/12/16
Man United 0 vs. 0 Wigan

Not a bad result away from home and it keeps us top of the league.

26/12/16
Stoke 0 vs. 4 Wigan
Abu(33) Ademilson(52, 64) Savic(76)

31/12/16
Wigan 4 vs. 0 Fulham
Doumbia(4, 69, 77) Matuidi(19)

View attachment 325118View attachment 325119

Wigan Reach Capital One Cup Final

After struggling to get past the quarter final stage since Conroy took over, Wigan have reached the Capital One Cup after an aggregate victory over Newcastle. They overcame a scare in the first leg to win it in extra time, and they will play Man United in the Final in February. Meanwhile they reached the fourth round of the F.A Cup but will have to play a replay as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Swansea. Luckily for Wigan fans, their league form hasn't been suffering despite the vast amount of games they've been playing. Things may get trickier as the Champions League 1st Knockout round starts next month as well as the F.A Cup replay and the Capital One Cup Final. Wigan showed last season that they could juggle Europe and the league as they reached the Europa League quarter finals and won the league but they didn't have the Capital One Cup in the new year and didn't get far in the F.A Cup. Whether Wigan will be able to continue their title challenge come the end of the season will be the main point of discussion amongst Wigan fans.

View attachment 329070

Capital One Cup Semi Final
Newcastle vs. Wigan

F.A Cup 3rd Round
Cardiff vs. Wigan

F.A Cup 4th Round
Swansea vs. Wigan

January

Capital One Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
4/1/17

Newcastle 2 vs. 1 Wigan
Ademilson(24)

Not a great start to the semi-final, we don't seem to do well against Newcastle in this cup.

F.A Cup 3rd Round
7/1/17

Cardiff 0 vs. 4 Wigan
Sulejmani(4) Ademilson(43) OG(50) Adryan(90+2)

Back to winning ways and it was always going to be easy against Cardiff.

Premier League
10/1/17

Wigan 3 vs. 0 Tottenham
Wellington Nem(pen 25) Lacazette(41) Anderson(90)

A reverse of the result at the start of the season which was really good for us.

14/1/17
Everton 0 vs. 3 Wigan
Barkley(9, 76) Ademilson(65)

Another convincing win and we're looking good in the league at the minute.

Capital One Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
17/1/17

Wigan 3 vs. 1 Newcastle
Barkley(25, 100) Ademilson(71)
(after extra time)
(Wigan win 4-3 on aggregate)

It took extra time but we managed to get the two goal win to put us through to the final.

F.A Cup 4th Round
21/1/17

Swansea 1 vs. 1 Wigan
Adryan(43)

THe squad was pretty tired after the last game and after we went 1-0 up we tried to hold on but they scored to force a replay.

Premier League
24/1/17

Wigan 2 vs. 1 Aston Villa
Mamaev(8) Ademilson(pen 90+1)

We were quite lucky to get the win in the end with a last minute penalty but we deserved to win it.

28/1/17
Wigan 1 vs. 0 West Ham
Caulker(3)

A bit of an easier win this time with a goal really early on rather than in the last minute.

View attachment 329072

Wigan Lose Capital One Cup Final and are out of F.A Cup

A disappointing month for Wigan Athletic as they not only lost the final of the Capital One Cup to Man United, they lost the F.A Cup 4th round replay to Swansea. Luckily for Wigan they preformed well in the other competitions. They won their two league games which keeps them at the top of the table, and they drew 0-0 against a strong Juventus side which was fronted by Hernandez and Suarez. An away goal in the next leg would put them in pole position to qualify for the quarter finals, an amazing achievement for the club. The way they've been performing in the league you wouldn't bet against them defending their Premier League crown, bu they do have a tough run in as they have to play Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Man United on the last day of the season. If Wigan do manage to defend their title it will be an amazing achievement considering that five season ago they were battling relegation and now they have a chance of winning back to back Premier Leagues and making the quarter final of the Champions League.

View attachment 329085

Capital One Cup Final
Man United vs. Wigan

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
Wigan vs. Juventus

February

F.A Cup 4th Round Replay
4/2/17

Wigan 0 vs. 1 Swansea

I rested players for the Champions League game in a couple of days but it turns out at the cost of going out of the F.A Cup.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
7/2/17

Wigan 0 vs. 0 Juventus

Not a bad result considering the quality of the Juventus side. No away goal conceded was what I was happiest with and we may be able to sneak it in Turin.

Premier League
15/2/17

Sunderland 1 vs. 2 Wigan
Adryan(27) Ademilson(33)

Out first goals scored this month as we had a slightly easier game after the break.

Capital One Cup Final
19/2/17

Man United 1 vs. 0 Wigan

We just couldn't seem to score and an 83rd minute Rooney goal sealed our fate. Shame we couldn't win it but oh well.

Premier League
26/2/17

Leicester 0 vs. 2 Wigan
Doumbia(25, 30)

We've found goals hard to come by this month so it was good to score two here.

View attachment 329086

Wigan win in Turin!

Wigan Athletic have beaten Juventus in Turin to make it to the Champions League Quarter Finals! It's an amazing achievement for the club and the fans who never thought their club could reach such heights. We spoke to one fan who said "I can't believe it, I really can't. For Wigan Athletic to beat Juventus in Turin is just incredible, I never thought I'd see it happen". As great as this achievement is, it seems to have come at a cost. Some poor performances in the league means that Wigan have surrendered control of the league to Man United with less than 10 games to play. A loss to Chelsea followed by dropping points against Swansea means that if Man United win all their remaining games then they win the league due to their superior goal difference. Wigan will have to hope that United slip up but they'll have to win all their games as well which will be tough considering the teams they have to play. It also doesn't look as if United will slip up as they've been destroying teams in the league and have dropped very few points all season. Some comfort for Wigan is that they have a chance of reaching the semi finals of the Champions League after their first league but they'll have to perform well in the second to make it through.

View attachment 329094

Champions League Quarter Final
Wigan vs. Man City

March

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
1/3/17

Juventus 0 vs. 1 Wigan
Doumbia(39)

An amazing win, I didn't think we'd do it but a Doumbia strike gave us the away goal and we saw it out from there!

Premier League
8/3/17

Chelsea 1 vs. 0 Wigan

Disappointed with this game as it's points dropped and we didn't play well.

11/3/17
Wigan 2 vs. 2 Swansea
Barkley(12) Doumbia(22)

Swansea seem to be our bogey side as we've not done well against them so far. After going 1-0 down early on we turned it around but a goal with 20 minutes left means we drop more points and are level with United on points I think.

25/3/17
Cardiff 0 vs. 2 Wigan
Savic(21) Doumbia(75)

Back to winning ways in the league but I would have been very disappointed if we lost this one.

Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg
29/3/17
Wigan 1 vs. 1 Man City
Lacazette(26)

AARRGGHH! I can't believe this game. We missed a penalty very early on so we could have been 2-0 up with Lacazette scored. I thought we might hold the 1-0 win but Falcao scored in the 87th minute to get an away goal. We now have to score at City to have a chance of going through.

View attachment 329099

Last edited:
Wigan Slip up in Title Race

It was not a great start to the month for Wigan as they lost their opening two games, which puts the title race in Man United's hands as well as sees them leave the Champions League at the quarter final stage. The run in did look tough for Wigan and it looks like it's got the better of them as they've had to balance the Champions League with it, which is something they're not used to compared to Man United. Wigan will also be disappointed with the second leg of the Champions League, as they capitulated against a strong Man City side. They'll have to do better against them in May if they want any hope of winning back their title. They need Man United to slip up at least once as well as winning all their remaining games if they want to win back to back titles. The fixtures could set up a final day decider as Wigan are at home to Man United on the last day of the season. A game which could decide where the title will stay for another season.

View attachment 329990

April

Premier League
1/4/17

Arsenal 1 vs. 0 Wigan

A terrible performance, a point wouldn't have been too bad away from home but we're going to need something special to win the league now.

Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg
4/4/17

Man City 3 vs. 0 Wigan

Another **** performance, if the first leg was a better result it might have been different but I wasn't expecting to win.

Premier League
9/4/17

Wigan 2 vs. 1 Newcastle
Caulker(31) Matuidi(34)

I was glad to get the win here as any more points dropped would see the title race definitely over.

16/4/17
Wigan 2 vs. 0 Liverpool
Doumbia(22) Anderson(35)

We're keeping the pressure on United but they're destroying teams for fun at the minute.

23/4/17
Bolton 2 vs. 3 Wigan
Lacazette(5, 28) Ademilson(44)

Almost dropped points here but Lacazette has a habit of scoring big goals and he pulled us through.

29/4/17
QPR 0 vs. 2 Wigan
Ademilson(72, 90+1)

I was starting to think we weren't going to score but we made the breakthrough and we have three games left while United have four.

View attachment 329993

It's Tight at the Top!

With only a couple of games left in the season, it's incredibly tight at the top with only three points separating the two teams. Manchester United have four games left in the season and if they win them all then they'll be champions. However Wigan have three games left and are three points behind. Wigan need United to slip up before the last game of the season as Wigan and United play each other. If United can hold there nerve with the three games beforehand then they'll win the title no matter what but Wigan will be hoping that they can pile the pressure on United and cause them to slip up. We'll be bringing you up to date with what's happened before the last day of the season, giving you the scores of the games for both teams, and what it means to the league.

View attachment 329994

Title Run In

3/5/17

Wigan 2 vs. 0 Man City
Wellington Nem(17) Sulejmani(53)

Tottenham 2 vs. 1 Man United
Clarke(90+2)

Man United slip up early in May to give Wigan a three point lead at the top, though United have a game in hand.

TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostGDPts
Wigan362934+5390
Man United352762+7187

7/5/17

Wigan 3 vs. 1 West Brom
Ademilson(6, 31) Adryan(81)

Wigan hold their nerve to get another three points. United now need to win all their remaining games, then avoid defeat to Wigan to win the title.

Wigan373034+5593
Man United352762+7187

10/7/17

Man United 3 vs. 1 Man City
Rooney(57, 82) Neymar(78)

Arguably the toughest game in the run was dealt with easily, three points behind with one game in hand.

Wigan373034+5593
Man United362862+7390

12/7/17

Man United 5 vs. 0 Newcastle
Rooney(pen 8, 52, 63, 64) Kagawa(60)

No sign of nerves here from the prospective champions, dispatched Newcastle with ease. Level on points with one game left.

Man United372962+7893
Wigan373034+5593

View attachment 329995

Title Clash!

So it's come down to this. The last day of the season, the two teams fighting for the Premiership face off in a winner takes all scenario. Man United have a bit more wiggle room than Wigan as a draw would see them win the league on goal difference, something United wouldn't mind after the 2011/12 season where they lost the league on the last day of the season. Wigan however will want to defend their league title which they won for the first time last season and some people will argue have deserved to win it this season. Wigan have a slight advantage as they play at home, as well as the fact they've had a week to prepare for this whereas Man United had two games in the past four days. If Wigan can win this game and therefore the league, it will be an incredible achievement and the most exciting end to a season since that Aguero moment five years ago. So let's stop talking about it, and see what happened.

View attachment 329996
14/5/17

Wigan vs. Manchester United

It's finally here, the crunch match on the last day of the season. Winner takes all. Bring it on.

View attachment 329997 vs. View attachment 329998

1' KICK OFF - both sets of fans looking very tense.

3' INJURY - Early set back for United as Thiago limps off injured, Hamsik replaces him.

10' PENALTY SHOUT - Wigan have a penalty shout after a dubious Evans tackle in the box.

11' CHANCE - Neymar fires the ball into the box and after a bit of pinball and desperate defending, Wigan scramble it away.

17' INJURY - Sulejmani is injured and is replaced by Adriano. One injury apiece.

45+1' HALF TIME - No real chances for either side after 11 minutes so it stays 0-0. If it stays like this United win the title.

45' KICK OFF - Wigan fans looking the more tense set of fans as they need a goal desperately.

47' CHANCE - dos Santos has a header which clips the bar after a Wellington Nem free-kick into the box.

60' BIG CHANCE - Ademilson finds himself in acres of space in the middle of the box, the ball arrives at him but he fires wide. Great chance for Wigan.

62' SUBSTITUTION - Ademilson and Matuidi are replaced by Doumbia and Adryan. Last throw of the dice for the Wigan manager.

67' GOAL - Wigan made to pay for that missed opportunity as Kagawa slides the ball into the net after two blocked shots. Wigan now need two goals.

71' CHANCE - Wigan have another great chance as a Caulker header it's the bar from the corner.

77' GOAL - Wigan found the equaliser as Doumbia taps home from close range. Hope for Wigan with 13 minutes left.

83' CHANCE - Caulker heads over from close range from another great free-kick from Wellington Nem.

85' SUBSTITUTION - Roberts and Mkhitaryan come on for Marrone and Simpson as United look to shut up shop.

89' CHANCE - Rodriguez finds himself with some space in the box, he shoots towards the top corner but De Gea saves. Time running out for Wigan.

90' CHANCE - Wellington Nem finds space in the box but fires a volley miles wide.

90+2' FULL TIME - Time has run out for Wigan and United have won the league on goal difference. A great game but Wigan will feel they could have won this.

View attachment 330000 View attachment 330003

A disappointing way to end the season as I feel we could have won the game but that's football. United have been ruthless in the league this season and to get 94 points and not win the league is unlucky I think. If we play this well again next season then I don't see why we can't win it. End of season post will be next and I'd like to give Safc-mad-Scotty the credit for the way I did this last match as I saw it on his story (which I'm a big fan of and you should check out) and thought it was a good idea. See you next season!

View attachment 330001

End of Season Review

Well, a few seasons ago I wouldn't class this as a disappointment but after the promising start to the season I think it is. In the end, just about a trophy-less season if you don't count the Community Shield which I don't really but I think we deserved something. We reached the final of the Capital One Cup and we were quite unlucky not to win it. Also losing the league on goal difference was a real sicken-er as I really thought we could win it but United were on top form for the whole of the season. We did really well in our Champions League debut, reaching the quarter finals and beating some great teams along the way. It gives us a great platform for next season and if we perform like we do I think we can repeat last season's achievement. I was disappointed with the F.A Cup performance, losing to Swansea but we were focusing on the Champions League and the league ahead of it which is why we did so poorly. Hopefully next season we'll be able to balance all the competitions and end the season with a proper piece of silverware.

Did I meet my targets?

Win the Capital One Cup - No
Reach Quarter Finals at least of F.A Cup - No
Reach First Knockout Round of Champions League - Yes
4th or higher in the league - Yes
Keep at least 25 clean sheets - Yes (27)

Player Achievements

Top 5 Appearances
Ruffier - 57
Caulker - 50 (2)
Naughton 45 (2)
Batth 44 (2)
Wellington Nem 43

Top 5 Goalscorers
Ademilson - 41
Doumbia - 18
Sulejmani - 8
Barkley - 7
Adryan - 6

Top 5 Average Rating
Caulker - 7.61
Ademilson - 7.58
Batth - 7.57
Anderson - 7.57
Doumbia - 7.39

Season Highlight

A tough one this as we've had a lot of great results and it was close between the Bayern win and the Juventus tie but I think it has to go to the Champions League 1st Knockout Round tie against Juventus. A great performance with two clean sheets and a win in Turin to put us through.

Season Low-light

Like the highlights, we have a few to choose from. Losing the Capital One Cup Final was very disappointing as was drawing against United on the last day to lose the league. However I think it has to go to the 2-2 draw against Swansea late in the season, I knew with that result we lost the league and although we almost won it, that was a game we should have won at an important time.

Results from last season
View attachment 330333View attachment 330334View attachment 330335View attachment 330336

Wigan Team of the Year
View attachment 330340

Fans Player of the Year
View attachment 330341

Manager of the Year
View attachment 330342

Other Competitions
View attachment 330343View attachment 330344View attachment 330345View attachment 330346View attachment 330350

F.A Cup - Man United beat Charlton 4-0 in the Final
Champions League - Arsenal beat Real Madrid 6-5 on penalties after drawing 2-2
Europa League - Tottenham beat Newcastle 1-0 in the Final
European Super Cup - Bayern Munich beat Barcelona 2-1

European Rankings
View attachment 330347