Resource icon

Winning is Mandatory! - 154 Goals/Halland

Also I want to add lad you should at least try the tactic in question before giving any kind of feedback about a tactic just out of the courtesy for the time I spent trying it and actually seeing how thangs go.😑

Dear Magicnut.
Let me begin by stating English is not my native language, and apologize for any discomfort i might have caused by trying to help.

I was giving general pointers, to try to promote a healthy community and sharing my own experience playing FM since the day's when Van Basten and Effenberg was bossing my Milan team in a 2-5-3 formation :)

Your points regarding how tactics in general work is legit, but if you download a tactic and you see the flaws, knowing that there is work to be done, why don't you use the years of experience and knowledge by doing something usefull for the whole community?

Write an analyze of the problem, and teach the lesser skilled players how it works so that we can create better quality in the future!

I hope you are having a good day and are lifting lots of Silverware ;)

The **** was here

Seems like a specific user here is very active in TFF test league and we all know, especially the veterans, which is TFF with 75 alt-accounts devoting & discourage other users to use a good tactic (or some tactics). So, will be better for FM community to stop act like this toxic person; like we had in previous years.

Every tactic creator here is welcome and free to post his tactic. Good or bad, exploit or not; does not matter. What matter is having fun with the game; and some "opinions" here is not in the line with the ethics of good gaming ("GG"; in case you have not played any game outside FM).

To the OP: Feel proud of your tactic, improve it, share it and it's welcome to FM community. Some will have good results, some not. That's ok. Don't worry and don't feel bad for sharing something here or in other FM community forum.

PS: Screw on you boys which support toxic or replicate toxic behavior in FM community. You are not welcome, you will never be. For those will know me, this year I will battle toxic persons inside FM community. Not matter which website, FM-BASE, FMSCOUT, SI Forum or whatever called it.

PS: We have lost many good personalities and players, because of toxic environment. I hope this year to not lose any more. I am talking about FM community, not FM-BASE community, specific.

Whatever happened to TFF? I did hear the rumours but he didn’t half come out with some good tactics

@alexfmplayer thank you!
This tactic is super amazing!!!!!.
Playing on Xbox so don't have screenshots but here is some highlights and thoughts.

Using in South African League with Hungry Lions.
They predicted to be relegated from 1st division. Simply destroyed all and won the league with 15 points (Only 16 teams in the league)
2nd season won the premier league hands down
3rd season won the premier league again
4th season runner up in league but won continental cup, African champs league
5th season won almost all on offer, league,3 domestics cups, continental cup runner up and super cup winner.

My main striker nets around 50 goals per season
Back up striker gets around 35 (mostly coming on as sub)
The 3 AMs make up the top 5 goal scorers in the league.
Goal difference is about 5-9 times more every year than the 2nd team.
I suspect i can score more with the corner exploit but i haven't set it up while playing.

You do need a squad to rotate as players tire. I lost the league as well as many cup finals as most of my starters were injured or super tired. pressing board to increase training and youth levels which makes a difference. Then also have bunch of youngsters to rotate with. Almost generate lots of revenue from performance and the sale of some decent youngsters with amazing stats.
If you don't have solid defenders you gonna leak goals more so second half. I tend to sub 2 of them around 60 to 70th min.
Your striker will get so many chances but he needs to be a good finisher, header as well as match fit.
Your two CWBs should be match fit as you will get nailed on counter with simple counters.
Low morale players seems to give the ball away a lot more. Something to note when you selecting your team.

@alexfmplayer thank you!
This tactic is super amazing!!!!!.
Playing on Xbox so don't have screenshots but here is some highlights and thoughts.

Using in South African League with Hungry Lions.
They predicted to be relegated from 1st division. Simply destroyed all and won the league with 15 points (Only 16 teams in the league)
2nd season won the premier league hands down
3rd season won the premier league again
4th season runner up in league but won continental cup, African champs league
5th season won almost all on offer, league,3 domestics cups, continental cup runner up and super cup winner.

My main striker nets around 50 goals per season
Back up striker gets around 35 (mostly coming on as sub)
The 3 AMs make up the top 5 goal scorers in the league.
Goal difference is about 5-9 times more every year than the 2nd team.
I suspect i can score more with the corner exploit but i haven't set it up while playing.

You do need a squad to rotate as players tire. I lost the league as well as many cup finals as most of my starters were injured or super tired. pressing board to increase training and youth levels which makes a difference. Then also have bunch of youngsters to rotate with. Almost generate lots of revenue from performance and the sale of some decent youngsters with amazing stats.
If you don't have solid defenders you gonna leak goals more so second half. I tend to sub 2 of them around 60 to 70th min.
Your striker will get so many chances but he needs to be a good finisher, header as well as match fit.
Your two CWBs should be match fit as you will get nailed on counter with simple counters.
Low morale players seems to give the ball away a lot more. Something to note when you selecting your team.
Amazing result! I am so Glad for you and thanks for the feedback. It seems really accurate to be honest, I noticed the same thing about Cb and CWB during the season now that I started a new game with Palermo in the 3rd division in Italy.

Amazing result! I am so Glad for you and thanks for the feedback. It seems really accurate to be honest, I noticed the same thing about Cb and CWB during the season now that I started a new game with Palermo in the 3rd division in Italy.

I think with the new patch update the corners are less effective than usual shame really when Harry Maguire was nearly my top scorer lol

TACTICNATIONPLDWONDRNLSTFORAG.GDPTS
restar442England
56​
38​
5​
13​
147​
78​
69​
119​
ZaZ - Red 1.0England
56​
32​
9​
15​
158​
92​
67​
105​
SPIELMACHEREngland
56​
27​
15​
14​
126​
71​
55​
96​
Winning is MandatoryEngland
56​
28​
12​
16​
109​
77​
32​
96​

Attachments

• England_ Overview.png
    England_ Overview.png
    867.1 KB · Views: 616
  • League of Nations_ Stages.png
    League of Nations_ Stages.png
    784 KB · Views: 783
@alexfmplayer have u tested with new ME? Still, works? Thanks
I am playing with Palermo since yesterday, so I think yes. Unfortunatly I do not have the best players for the tactic, my ST is not so good and not so tall for the corner to work. He is still scoring load but not so much from corners, to be honest. As a tactic it still works, I will post the result for the first season with Palermo today, for the Corner set up I can't tell yet to be honest...

TACTICNATIONPLDWONDRNLSTFORAG.GDPTS
restar442England
56​
38​
5​
13​
147​
78​
69​
119​
ZaZ - Red 1.0England
56​
32​
9​
15​
158​
92​
67​
105​
SPIELMACHEREngland
56​
27​
15​
14​
126​
71​
55​
96​
Winning is MandatoryEngland
56​
28​
12​
16​
109​
77​
32​
96​
It's nice that u taste the tactic but as others said it is not at its fullest potential at the beginning. After you have it learned a bit it will really explode. I used it with 6 different teams and with all of them worked from the mid-season above.

So, back with Palermo results in 3rd division in Italy. It was a hard season with a lot of Ultra Defensive in the last 30 mins because of lack of stamina and lack of good reserves. We made it with a lot of hard work and emotions to an undefeated season in the division and one defeat only in the cup. Some good signings but most of its normal team(lack of money) and this is why we had good cohesion after the first 10 matches or so. Here are the results. Don't know how you lost so much @Will1981, to be honest in your test league, I am really surprised...

Attachments

• League Table.jpg
    League Table.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 622
  • Schedule 1.jpg
    Schedule 1.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 502
  • Schedule 2.jpg
    Schedule 2.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Schedule 3.jpg
    Schedule 3.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 303
  • Team.jpg
    Team.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 511
So you found it successful to go hold on the lead with ultra defensive last 30 minutes? :)

So you found it successful to go hold on the lead with ultra-defensive last 30 minutes? :)
It seems so when your team is not strong. The players that I have at Palermo after the 60 min are always tired and can nearly pass the ball. In-home games, 2 changes to the CM and one to the CWB(does not matter if right or left, depends on which one is more tired, in my case left because the right one is really good, the best player in my squad) makes the teamwork until the end and even score more goals. But in away games, with good teams, or On Form teams, I saw that after 60 min tired players can't hold on to the ball and pass it really bad. So, I did the 3 changes mentioned earlier and either change to Defensive or Ultra Defensive to hold the result, or I change to short passing and move to slow rithm so they keep the possession and activate the waste time. As you see in the Schedule photo, I had some situations like this where I only won with 1-0 or barely got the win with one goal ahead. Even had a game from 3-0 for me went to 5-3 for him in won 7-6 at the end, what a story that was...

I have started using this tactic with my Kidderminster game. First season I managed to win Legaue One and the following season I finished 4th in the Championship. Unfortunately I lost in the playoffs.

This is despite my wage budget being less than half that of the next lowest team.

Attachments

• Football Manager 2022 09_12_2021 14_17_34.png
    Football Manager 2022 09_12_2021 14_17_34.png
    677 KB · Views: 467
  • Football Manager 2022 09_12_2021 14_21_46.png
    Football Manager 2022 09_12_2021 14_21_46.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 438
I am finding, although not quite as good since the update, it is still going strong. Got Wrexham 2 promotions in 2 years before the new patch and now joint 2nd in division 1 half way through the season. It could be that I have th right players and they are used to the formation but I think a lot of credit has to go to the tactic

this tactic does not work for the new ME. without OP crosses and the near post corners- it fails. all the players did was long ball 1000 times and play like they were on crack from minute 1 at max speed and rushing everything and I have neves, Bellingham, havertz, musiala, Aarons, moriba, moukoku, demir all 4 seasons in! and bastoni and Lacroix as cb so both fast and the long balls from 19th placed villa that beat me went over their heads every time- also im 1st but thought id try it

there is some way to use older game version? my steam updated game and after patch this tactic is ...