Winning the Champions league with a Gibraltan team

Champions League Qualifiers

1st round draw
View attachment 340073I knew from previous experience tat we can breeze right through he first round of qualifying and we were given an easy draw in the form of Lusitans.

1st Leg
View attachment 340071A 5-0 win with goals from Platt(2), Buttigieg and Coelho(2) set us nicley up for the second leg where we could conserve our energy for the 2nd round. We dominated the game and I cant wait to get an automatic place in the 2nd round because we breeze through this round every year.

2nd Leg
View attachment 340070This was a closer game only becuase I wanted to conserve energy so I told the players to take a breather for 70 minutes of the match and in a way it worked because we did conserve energy although it was a tight scoreline I was always confident of going through.

2nd round draw
View attachment 340069In the second round we got the bosnian team Zeljeznicar and I was also very confident we could could get through despite the odds being stacked against us.

1st Leg
View attachment 340068In the first leg we pulled off a major shock in beating them 1-0. Before the match I told myself that the team had to be resilient in defense and that they were sniffing out any danger to the goal. When the final whistle went I ran around the house in my boxers screaming because I knew that we had given ourselves such a good chance of getting through.

2nd Leg
View attachment 340067Things didnt get off to a good start with our keeper spilling the ball in front of Ibrahim Ibrahimovic. But we equilised meaning that we were winning the tie 2-1, they scored and so we were through as it stood on away goals but in the 91st minute, they slotted the ball in the back of the net. When that goal went in I was so temped to throw my chair and the floor or window but instead I went on my bed and just lay there for a couple of minutes. It was such a disapointment knowing that we were just a few minutes away from getting into a playoff.

Next year. Next year.

Financial rewards
View attachment 340066

View attachment 340065

So close mate, hopefully the training facility upgrades will help aswell,

I was so annoyed but next year we will get through

Last edited:
Id love to give this a try, but it looks hard lol

With competitive fixtures it doesn't take that long to finish a season as there are only 14 games in the league and a maximum of 4 games in the rock cup (5 if your in the second division). But what takes time is stuff in the background like facility upgrades as when you are amateur the club only has about 200ish thousand and are unwilling to upgrade anything

Defiantly be next year, I give it 5 years and you'll be in the play offs so you'll be in some group stages! Then the upgrading begins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This looks very interesting! I'm quite interested in starting a save in Gibraltar now. How challenging and rewarding do you find it? It looks fun as you can get through seasons quite quickly and then trying to qualify for the Champions League is the main long term objective and improve the club and league's reputation.

I will definitely try it. Is there any teams you could recommend? And where can I download the league because I think it's not actually in the game from the start?

It can be very fun and in a way quiet challenging becuase as you said, the season is very short, but as i is very short, you HAVE to play well for all the season because so many teams are close to you points wise. You can download the leagues by downloading it from the football manager workshop, just search in Gibraltar and it is the one published by SI. If you want to start with a team and you want it to be a fairly short term save start with Lincoln as they are already in the Champions league and in real life the best team in Gibraltar. If not then you can start with any team they all have the same facilities and stadium.

I found it, I went for Leo Parrilla (think that's how it spelt) same team as you. They just seemed like a casual mid table side to me and I enjoy building my self up to be the best team in a country I don't like going for the best team straight away. I haven't yet started but I just chose my team, like with what you said since there's so few games and I don't actually know the strength of my squad yet I think it could take a few seasons to get into to the top league especially as there is only one team that can be promoted. I'm rabbling on so not sure it's made much sense (rushing since my phones on 1% battery)

I know for a fact that Carl Bacarese, Liam Buttigieg and George Dalemedo are amazing players and will still be playing in 10 years, if you want you can also sign Maurice Coehlo as he is out of this world if you are looking for a consistant LW/ST

I know for a fact that Carl Bacarese, Liam Buttigieg and George Dalemedo are amazing players and will still be playing in 10 years, if you want you can also sign Maurice Coehlo as he is out of this world if you are looking for a consistant LW/ST

Will definitely use your advice thanks. Hope I can make a long term save out of this as I usually struggle to have long term saves, may be hard to do with the chairman game running along side it

Just realised some of those players aren't in my database. What leagues did you load and did you do anything with advanced options?

I loaded the normal options with a large database. It might be because the database randomizes as Gibraltar is so small. Your not spamming the thread btw.

Good luck with both the Chairman and the Gibraltar save

Properly started now I found Coehlo but not the other two.

It's a really thin squad and I'm just gonna have to trust the scouts although I guess they're poor too as I don't have much knowledge of lower leagues I only really tend to go down to maybe league 2 in England.

Close to signing someone called Aburdaham. That's all atm and thanks same to you with your story will keep up when I can

View attachment 339036
Season 11: 2023/24:

Leo Parrilla Competitions:

Gibraltar Premier Division: Winners

Gibraltar Premier Division league cup: Semi-Finals

Rock cup: Winners

Pepe Reyes Cup: Winners

Leo Parrilla Awards:

Top scorer: Nick Bagu
(19)
Most assists: Nick Bagu (14)

Top player:
Nick Bagu (19 goals, 14 assists, average rating: 7.59)

Fixtures from the season
View attachment 339031A very pleasing season even though at the end of the season we seemed to loose our rhythm a bit loosing a couple of games on the bounce. But overall the new tactic I was using seemed to pay off.

Pepe Reyes Cup
View attachment 339029A very simple 3-0 win against the Magpies ensured that we retain the Pepe Reyes cup.

Winning the league
View attachment 339027We won the league at the end of January which was suprising as usually we have very good competition bu this time we just managed to beat everyone in the league a least once. I think we won it after 9 or 10 games.

Rock Cup final
View attachment 339025Cant believe we lost this one despite beating what I thought was the strongest competition in the Magpies. A fluke goal and a mistake by Dalmedo ultimately lost us the game despite us bossing it.

Final league table
View attachment 339021We won it so easily and from the 4th match it didn't look like we were going to loose our grip on our 4th league win in a row.

Best 11
View attachment 339020

Overall best 11
View attachment 339019

Last edited: