Winning the Champions league with a Gibraltan team

51Prop51 have you given up on your story mate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No its just I've been really busy in the last couple of weeks and I've just gone into school again (big year) so the updates will be a little stagnated until I have some real time on my hands

Hi there

Just posting to say I am really enjoying this thread and I hope you keep it going.

I don't even own a recent copy of CM, I accidentally found this thread while I was Googling the correct name for a resident of Gibraltar. But reading this has inspired me to get FM15 when it comes out. I was always a fan of seeing how well I could do with a lower-league team over several decades, so this is right up my alley.

WOW... Didn't know that this tread would be noticed on google. When you get FM15 good luck with the save. I will probably start a Leo Parrilla save on there.

View attachment 335291
Season 12: 2024/25:

Leo Parrilla Competitions:

Gibraltar Premier Division: Winners

Gibraltar Premier Division league cup: Winnners

Rock cup: Quarter Finals

Pepe Reyes Cup: Winners

Leo Parrilla Awards:

Top scorer: Brett Barnes
(16)
Most assists: Robert Smith (19)

Top player: Nick Bagu
(12 goals, 14 assists, average rating: 7.21)
and
Robert Smith (9 goals, 19 assists, average rating: 7.62)

Fixtures from the season
View attachment 335284A fantastic unbeaten season, hopefully the first of many

Pepe Reyes Cup
View attachment 335283A great win over Olympique 13 to win us our 1st trophy of the season. Goals from Coelho, Smith and Barnes(2).

League Cup Final
View attachment 335282A hard fought win against College Pegasus won us our second trophy of the year and to win us our first League Cup since 2021. Goals from Graham Storrie, Paul Platt and Nick Bagu grabbing us the win in extra time.

Final League table
View attachment 335281One of our most convincing seasons to date winning the title with a lot of games to spare, we never looked like giving up our title and we have now won the league 5 times in a row.

Best XI of the season

View attachment 335273

Overall best XI

View attachment 335270

Sad News

It has come the time in the save where some of our favorite players in the squad are leaving. The firs member is Club legend Maurice Coelho. I will be looking to bring him in with my backroom staff as when a loyal player leaves I try to bring them back to the club.

View attachment 335268

Last edited:
View attachment 335150

Champions League Qualifiers

1st Round draw
View attachment 335149Another breeze through to the 2nd round of qualifying

1st round 1st Leg
View attachment 335148Good to get a 4-1 win against the Andorrans. Goals coming from Bagu(2), Barnes and Hilton on his debut off the bench.

1st round 2nd Leg
View attachment 335147A suprising hard 2nd leg against the Andorrans with our soliary goal coming from Bagu.

2nd Round draw
View attachment 335146Sometimes I really hate this competition, we have never had an easy draw for the second round and probably wont for the next few years. We were drawn alongside Partizan Belgrade. In my opinion one of the hardest draws in the hat.

2nd Round 1st Leg
View attachment 335145Predictable defeat against the much stronger Partizan. No goals in the first leg.

2nd Round 2nd Leg
View attachment 335144Another embarrassing defeat to Serbian champions and only the one goal coming from Robert Smith ending our dream of getting to the third round yet again.

Financial Rewards

View attachment 335143
View attachment 335142A nice £405,000 bonus for competing will go towards our professional status that is another one of our goals as a club. Next season may be our year to get through.

Can we see your finance ?

Keep up the good work, you will definetely succeed once you will have the professional status !

HUGE NEWS!!!

I have just come out of the chairman's office where he pulled me in to have a quick word with him, this is how it went:

ADV: Now Rob, thanks for contributing to our finances sky rocketing, and we know that your interest in the club remains as high as it did when you took over many years ago.

RY: You don't need to thank me it's the players that do all the hard work. And yes, like our bank balance, my intrest in the club is sky high.

ADV: We have decided as a board of directors that thanks to your amazing contribution to the club we offer you a little testimonial...

RY: No that's fine, I'm not interested in having a match played in my honour...

ADV: No, we were thinking about giving the club something that I know you and the fans have longed for.

RY: A new stadium so we don't have to share with every other club in the country?

ADV: No, we were thinking along the lines of bumping the club up to run at a full time level, we also feel this will do the players good for preparing for matches and Champions league matches.

RY: Oh wow, Mr. Della Valle, this is a dream come true not just for me but for the rest of the club and our amazing fan base.

ADV: We are hoping to start operating at a fully profession level at the end of this season or at the start of next season.

RY: That's fantastic, from everybody at the club, we thank you.

ADV: No we thank you.

RY: Is that all?

ADV: Yes, I'll see you tomorrow at training.

RY: See you later Mr. Della Valle.

So from next season, we will finally be a professional club and this should open up the door to maybe a foreign player or two coming in to the club. This will also allow us to push forward in the champions league and we might even sneak a result in and qualify for the third round of qualifying. I am nearly done with the 25/26 season and a report of it will be up either tomorrow or Thursday night.

Great news for you mate

I still have a bit to go to achieve that anyway

YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH !!

You finally did it.

Now starts Phase 2.

Please keep us informed on the european ranking of Gibraltar (if you play enough season to make it move).

Can someone give me a quick crash course in what the pros and cons are of being fully professional and also what conditions are required to achieve it?

Great news for you mate

I still have a bit to go to achieve that anyway

It's great for the club and the threat aswell.

Oh well, it takes time

YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH !!

You finally did it.

Now starts Phase 2.

Please keep us informed on the european ranking of Gibraltar (if you play enough season to make it move).

It's taken a bit of time but It'll be worth it

Hopefully 3rd qualifying round soon

I'll post screenshots soon

Can someone give me a quick crash course in what the pros and cons are of being fully professional and also what conditions are required to achieve it?

I actually dont know myself mate, but I think that you need to have somewhere in the region of 2.5 - 3 million in your finances and you get to have more players as your reputation is increased

View attachment 334656

Season 13: 2025/26:

Leo Parrilla Competitions:

Gibraltar Premier Division: Winners

Gibraltar Premier Division league cup: Winnners

Rock cup: Winners

Pepe Reyes Cup: Winners

(Our first quadruple of the thread)

Leo Parrilla Awards:

Top scorer: Nick Bagu
(19)
Most assists: Robert Smith (15)

Top player: Kevin Macey
(10 goals, 9 assists, average rating: 7.37) (CM)

Fixtures from the season
View attachment 334655A great season bar the last 5 or 6 games where our form just slowly ebbed away into nothing. Looked like we were going to do the second league unbeaten season in a row and the first real invincible season for league and all cups but it was not to be.

Pepe Reyes Cup
View attachment 334654Always good to get the ball rolling and win an early cup and that's what we did for the 5th time in a row. Goals coming from Smith and Bacarese.

League Cup final
View attachment 334653Another good win at the peak of our form to win the league cup. Goals from Watson and Bagu

Rock Cup

View attachment 334652Great win against a poor team to help boost confidence. Goals coming from Barnes, and Macey(2)

Final table

View attachment 334651Another easy title, not much point debating who's going to win it next year.

Best XI
View attachment 334645

Overall best XI
View attachment 334644

Extra stuff
View attachment 334650
View attachment 334649

European club rankings and league coefficients
View attachment 334648Nice to see us sitting in the top half of a very long table of 625 clubs in the European club table.

View attachment 334647It is also excellent to see how far the league has come in Europe. A very respectable 132nd.

View attachment 334646We are so close to the automatic second round qualifying place, it will let us get more friendlies in for better match fitness and a much easier route to the third round of qualifying.​

Last edited:
great news.

I think you now have a second goal which will make your carrer more interesting : help a second gibraltarian club to become professional !

Like that, home competitions will become harder (and more interesting) and this team could help you to improve european ranking as well.

Are you still motivated to make this save live or you are waiting for FM15 to start another challenge?

Season 2017/18

After 3 seasons out of 4 of finishing 2nd I have finally won the league
Bring on the Champions League qualifiers haha

great news.

I think you now have a second goal which will make your carrer more interesting : help a second gibraltarian club to become professional !

Like that, home competitions will become harder (and more interesting) and this team could help you to improve european ranking as well.

Are you still motivated to make this save live or you are waiting for FM15 to start another challenge?

I probably wont move clubs unless I get fired as I'm trying to upgrade as far as I can at Leo
Im still motivated but like everybody, you get them days where you just dont want to play.