With My Little Pick and Shovel - A Cardiff City Story

View attachment 128909
SHOCK AS HAWKINS LEAVES CARDIFF

View attachment 128908
Shockwaves have emanated around the world of football as Cardiff City have today announced the departure of long-serving manager Matthew Hawkins.

In a statement on the club website, the Bluebirds announced the departure of Hawkins, who had been the club's most successful manager

They said:
"We are disappointed to see Matthew leave, he has been a great servant to the club over the past 12 years and is welcome to return at any time

It was Matthew's wish to depart the club as he felt he needed a new challenge, he expressed his sadness at leaving but he felt that now was the right time to go"

Hawkins, 35, has kept his role with Wales despite leaving the Cardiff City Stadium and is preparing for European Qualifiers at the moment

Cardiff City legend Matthew Hawkins is a serial winner, having won four straight Premier League titles with his boyhood club as well as back-to-back-to-back Champions League titles. He won 21 cup competitions with the Bluebirds and lifted 5 league titles.

He has also developed the club, with the stadium being expanded to 42,000 under his management as well as improvements to both the training and youth facilities

HAWKINS' STATS WITH CARDIFF
GAMES676
GAMES WON393
GAMES DRAWN132
GAMES LOST151
GOALS SCORED1,185
GOALS AGAINST589
GOAL DIFFERENCE+596
WIN PERCENTAGE58%

View attachment 128907 View attachment 128906

JUNE
View attachment 128905
Despite all the Cardiff shenanigans, we still have a job with Wales, time to reach another tournament

EURO 2028 QUALIFYING GROUP C
Wales 3-1 Albania
View attachment 128904
Morris, Pugh, Bellamy, Davies, Cook, Grant, Pennock (D.Thomas 45), Felgate, Lloyd (Bamford 71), Parry, Roberts

We scored after about 20 seconds and seemed to be cruising until Albania equalised soon after. Fortunately we regained our composure and continued to dominate the game, eventually re-taking the lead before confirming the victory through Tyler Roberts around 30 minutes from time

Wales 4-0 Estonia
View attachment 128903
Morris, Pugh, Bellamy, Barlow, Cook, Grant, O'Leary, Bamford, Pennock (D.Thomas 12), Parry, Roberts (J.Thomas 68)

Another dominant performance with the result sewn up by half-time. Jamie Parry was out to impress today with two goals in five minutes to give us an early lead as well as an assist later on. Tyler Roberts broke Gareth Bale's goalscoring record tonight, with his stoppage time goal his 40th for Wales
View attachment 128901

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128896
A very strong start to our qualifying group, two more wins and we've basically qualified

View attachment 1076813
HAWKINS TAKES OVER AT RACECOURSE

View attachment 128883
Former Cardiff City manager Matthew Hawkins has today been announced as the new manager of Wrexham following the resignation of former Wrexham boss James Rowberry

Rowberry, 42, has left the Robins to take a job on the Wales coaching staff

36 year old Matthew Hawkins has taken a step into the unknown with Wrexham, a side who narrowly avoided relegation out of the Football League last season, finishing 22nd in League 2

Hawkins will face a real challenge at one of footballs oldest professional clubs as he attempts to prove himself at a lower level

WREXHAM
View attachment 128882

So, we've gone to North Wales to try and spread the message of success, joy and attacking football. I took the A470 (Worst road in the world) to get here from Cardiff so I won't be going back soon

View attachment 128881
Wrexham have spent much of their recent past in the Conference with brief flirtations with League 2, lets get them up the Football League

View attachment 128880
The finances aren't looking bad, they'll look even better after all the players leave

View attachment 128879View attachment 128878
The squad is way too big

View attachment 128877
The facilities are pretty poor, that's going to have to change

Keen to see a change! Ive been lurking for a time, exciting to see a new challenge!

really looking forward to seeing how you'll get on with Wrexham, although I'd like to know how Boyle and Cardiff get on without you

Keen to see a change! Ive been lurking for a time, exciting to see a new challenge!
Cheers mate, I'm really excited to see how far I can take Wrexham

Just read this from the beginning. Love it!
That must have taken a while :p, thanks for reading :)

really looking forward to seeing how you'll get on with Wrexham, although I'd like to know how Boyle and Cardiff get on without you
Cheers mate, I've been keeping a keen eye on Cardiff over the summer and they've been making some, shall we say, questionable decisions

View attachment 128793
TRANSFERS (So far)

View attachment 128792
The season starts tomorrow and we have done quite a bit of business, here's a run-down

OUT
We sold 5 players and released 13, bringing in around £140,000 in the process, here's the traitors in detail

MICHAEL BURLING TO ST.JOHNSTONE FOR £100,000

View attachment 128791
Michael Burling wanted to leave and with a year left on his contract I decided to cash in, with Oldham, St.Johnstone and Oxford all having bids of £100,000 accepted for the striker. He scored 12 goals last season.

JED WOOD TO PORT TALBOT FOR £29,000

View attachment 128790
Jed arrived at Wrexham on a free from MK Dons last summer, scored 2 in 45 and has been flogged to Welsh champions Port Talbot for a pretty good fee. He was on good money here and I'm happy to see him go.

SERGEI MENDEZ TO TNS FOR £8,500

View attachment 128789
Another player signed on a free last summer who was on good money and under-performed who has been flogged to the Welsh Premier League, a good fee for us and a lot of money of the wage bill

DANIEL ROBERTS TO GATESHEAD FOR £2,000

View attachment 128788
£2,000 is a great fee for us to get for a pretty poor defender

JAYDEN HARRINGTON TO ALDERSHOT FOR £1,700

View attachment 128787
Another player who I'm surprised we got a fee for. Harrington is pretty poor and I'm glad to see him go

IN
16 players have been brought in to plug some gaping holes in the squad (We didn't have any goalkeepers)

DEREK HOLDEN FROM KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS FOR £12,000

View attachment 128786
We desperately needed a right back as our only options there were ageing journeymen and youngsters who just weren't good enough. I'm ecstatic that we've brought this guy in and he'll be an integral part of our back four

CARL PETERS FROM PORT TALBOT FOR £6,000

View attachment 128785
Right wing is another position we desperately needed to fill and we've brought in Carl Peters from the Welsh champions to fill this gap. He looks good and has potential. I like him.

BILLY KNOTT FROM HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN

View attachment 128784
This is a signing I'm very happy is. Billy is a player of true quality and I'm delighted to have him here, he'll run games from the midfield if we partner him with an energetic player in there

MARK GILES FROM CARDIFF ON LOAN

View attachment 128783
What a signing! Giles is a very good target man and he will be brilliant in this division, a shame that he's out for a bit

MARC GIBBONS FROM SHEFFIELD UNITED ON LOAN

View attachment 128782
Another loan signing, another right winger. We had nobody in this position a month ago and now we have two very good options. I'm happy.

MATTHEW WESTWOOD FROM LEYTON ORIENT ON LOAN

View attachment 128781
We needed left wingers and we found one, Westwood looks good and isn't costing us much. Happy.

ALFIE KEMP ON LOAN FROM BARNET

View attachment 128780
We had no goalkeepers before the start of the month and now we have some. Kemp will fight with another keeper for the number 1 spot

MARSHALL HUNT - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128779
This is the man Alfie Kemp will be competing with for the number 1 spot in he starting line up I'm favouring Hunt at the moment

ELLIOT HALPIN - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128778
We had two centre backs (This squad was ridiculously unbalanced) after the release of players who refused contracts so I'm delighted to have signed Halpin who's a great player at this level

ROBERT BROUGHAM - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 128777
Brougham is a solid defender and he will be competing with Halpin for a starting slot alongside Greg Berks at the heart of the defence

BILLY COVENEY - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128776
Coveney has been brought in on a free following his release from Preston and I'm more than happy to have him. He's a solid striker and will partner Mark Giles when they're both fit

THOMAS JAMES - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128775
James has been brought in for his much-needed experience and to provide back up at right back

RYAN LEONARD - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128774
More experience and depth in the middle as we look to bolster a weak squad

CRAIG HUNT - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128773
We really needed wingers and we've brought in another one, he will be going for the left midfield slot but can cover in the middle

GARY THORNE - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128771
Another player brought in who can play out wide or in the middle, looks like he could be our starting winger this season

JAMIE KELLY - FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 128770
Another free transfer brought in, he's come in to act as cover for Mark Giles as our target man

LIKELY LINEUP

View attachment 128769
This is how we're likely to lineup if all players are fit

View attachment 128665
WREXHAM WITH CASH TO BURN AS 10 LEAVE

View attachment 128664
10 players have left Wrexham over the last few days as new manager Matthew Hawkins put his stamp on his squad

The 10 departures, with all but two of the players going for a fee, has taken the amount brought in by Wrexham this summer up to £260,000.

The first to leave was central midfielder Patrick Lawrance, who has joined Oxford United for £75,000. The 26 year old midfielder wanted out at Wrexham and refused to extend his contract, which ended at the end of this season, so Hawkins decided to cash in
View attachment 128663

Second to go was Rob Evans, who's joined Tranmere for £5,000. Right-back Evans had a lot of competition following the arrivals of Billy Knott and Gary Thorne and was sold on to garner some money before his contract ran out
View attachment 128661

Brendan Rhodes was the next out of the door, joining Doncaster Rovers for £10,000. The goalkeeper was third choice behind Marshall Hunt and Alfie Kemp and thus saw it fit to leave the club
View attachment 128662

Fourth to leave was Northern Irishman Nathan Kerr who's joined Gillingham for £5,000. The right back had a lot of competition due to the signings of Derek Holden and Thomas James and was moved on before his contract expired
View attachment 128660

Next to go was 30 year old striker Jack Davis, who has joined Boston United for £5,000. The 30 year old found himself way down the pecking order following the arrivals of Mark Giles, Billy Coveney and Jamie Kelly and has left for first team football
View attachment 128659

The sixth player out of the door was Conor Hussey, who's joined Barnet for £10,000. The left back, like many of the others who have left, found himself fairly far down the pecking order and was sold on before he left on a free
View attachment 128660

The seventh player to leave was Kaine Baldwin, who'd handed in a transfer request earlier in the summer but couldn't secure a deal until now. The centre back has joined Conference side Telford for £5,000
View attachment 128658

The last player to leave on a free was another right back, this one being Ross White, who has joined Welsh Premier League side Aberystwyth Town for £1,500. Another player with his contract expiring this season, he was moved on before he left for nothing
View attachment 128657

The other two players to leave were Derice Richards and Aaron Eyoma, who were released as they did not feature in Hawkins' plans. Eyoma has since joined Conference side Rochdale.

View attachment 128656 View attachment 128655

View attachment 128646
ROBINS COMPLETE BUSINESS

View attachment 128645
With the transfer window drawing to a close, Wrexham have announced three signings on the same day, before saying that's them done for the summer!

Manager Matthew Hawkins announced this in a press conference whilst taking questions about his new acquisitions

"This is us done for the summer, I'm happy with the squad and am excited to see how we fare for the remainder of the season"

The first signing announced was that of Ryan Smith, who's been signed on loan from Swansea until the end of the season

Smith, 19, has been signed to offer competition in the midfield and the Wales international is said to be looking forward to playing under the man who gave him his first cap
View attachment 128644

The second player announced was Neil Milns, who's been signed on a free transfer. Milns, 25, has had a turbulent career turning out for teams ranging from Wigan and Wycombe to Gateshead and Canvey Island since leaving his boyhood side Northampton
View attachment 128643

The final player signed was striker Robbie Roberts, who had been on trial at Wrexham before being signed on a permanent contract

Cardiff-born 24 year old Roberts had spent his entire career at Newport County before leaving last summer, making 56 league appearances and scoring 14 goals for the Exiles

View attachment 128642

Last edited:
AUGUST
View attachment 128640
My first month of competitive football in League 2, it might be my last...

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 0-0 Accrington Stanley
View attachment 128639
Kemp, Holden, Brougham, Berks, Pallen, Knott (Coveney 57), Crookes, Peters, Humphries, Westwood, Kelly

We were missing Roberts and Giles today so went with a 4-2-3-1. We were fairly poor going forward but solid defensively, positive?

LEAGUE CUP FIRST ROUND
Burnley 2-1 Wrexham

View attachment 128638
Hunt, Holden, Halpin, Brougham, Pallen, Crookes, Leonard, Knott (Humphries 57), Peters, Lyons (Dolan 69), Coveney

We went with my defensive Wales formation and did really well only to have the chance to take them to extra time and maybe penalties stolen from us with a deflected last minute goal. Gutting.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Leyton Orient 2-0 Wrexham

View attachment 128637
Kemp, Holden, Berks, Brougham, Pallen, Crookes, Thorne, Knott (Humphries 64), Peters, Lyons, Coveney (Kelly 20)

We offered nothing going forward today and were punished by a fairly average Leyton Orient side, very disappointing to concede 2

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Yeovil Town 1-0 Wrexham

View attachment 128636
Kemp, Holden, Berks, Curry, Pallen, Peters, Knott (Humphries 58), Crookes, Westwood (Hunt 58), Thorne, Kelly

We had 61% possession today but we never seemed to be on the front foot. We can't go at teams which allows them time to come out and attack us. This has to change ad change fast. Yeovil offered nothing much all game but hit us with a sucker punch late on

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 1-1 Sunderland

View attachment 128635
Kemp, Holden, Berks, Brougham, Pallen, Peters, Knott (Humphries 60), Crookes (Hunt 85), Westwood, Bennett, Kelly (Thorne 66)

Wow. What a huge result as we hold Sunderland. Yes League 2 Sunderland to a draw. An inspired defensive performance combined with scoring our only shot on target got us a valuable point here today. I need a lie down.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Oxford United 0-1 Wrexham

View attachment 128634
Hunt, Holden, Berks, Curry, Pallen, Peters, Thorne, Crookes (Knott 68), Westwood, Bennett (Brougham 88), Kelly

A win! We won a game! This is amazing! We dominated Oxford and probably should have scored more, which is a problem. We actually won!

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY NORTH FIRST ROUND
Wrexham 3-3 Accrington Stanley
Accrington win 5-3 on penalties
View attachment 128633
Hunt, Holden, Berks, Curry, Pallen, Peters, Knott, Crookes (Thorne 66), Westwood (Giles 86), Coveney, Kelly

We played Accrington again and this game couldn't be more different to the first as the two teams went at each other in an action packed game. We took the lead twice, only to lose it twice before they scored what they thought was a late winner only for us to equalise. Exhilarating, it was a shame it had to end.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128632
A pretty poor start but I have confidence that we can improve and rise up the table

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 128540
We need to improve on last month's poor start to the season, can we?

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 2-1 Bury

View attachment 128539
Hunt, Holden, Berks (Brougham 68), Curry, Pallen, Peters, Knott (Smith 45), Crookes, Westwood, Coveney (Bennett 62), Kelly

A solid home victory to start the month. We dominated the game and showed cutting edge when we needed to, the only blemishes were Bury's goal and Marshall Hunt's broken shoulder

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Wrexham

View attachment 128538
Kemp, Holden, Halpin, Curry, Pallen, Peters, Knott, Berks (Edwards 85), Westwood (Thorne 57), Coveney, Giles (Kelly 68)

A very narrow loss away to a very good Wimbledon side who look like early title contenders. We were very much in the game but lacked Wimbledon's clinical nature/luck

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 2-1 Blackpool

View attachment 128537
Kemp, Holden (Brougham 45), Berks 76, Curry, Pallen (Thorne 45), Peters, Smith, Crookes, Westwood, Coveney (Halpin 76), Kelly

We were very poor in the first half so I changed it up at half-time, deploying a 3-5-2 in the second half which worked spectacularly, putting us 2-0 up within 10 minutes, we played well until Berks got himself sent off, putting us on the back foot and allowing Blackpool a chance to get an undeserved draw, fortunately they didn't

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Gillingham 2-2 Wrexham

View attachment 128536
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry, Peters, Thorne, Knott (Smith 45), Crookes, Westwood (Lyons 77), Roberts, Kelly

We started with the 3-5-2 which worked so well against Blackpool here and we played very well, with two mistakes denying us the three points we deserved

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 2-0 Dagenham & Redbridge

View attachment 128535
Kemp, Brougham, Halpin, Curry, Pters, Crookes, Smith, Milns, Westwood (Knott 65), Coveney (Roberts 65), Giles

A solid performance against a poor Dagenham side with goals from the two Robbies. Brougham got us going early in the second half and Roberts ended the tie with 9 minutes to go, scoring his first for the club

LEAGUE TABLE
I forgot to take a screenshot, sorry. We're in 7th
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WALES
View attachment 128534
Two fairly simple away qualifiers, we should be winning these easily

Gibraltar 0-3 Wales
View attachment 128533
Morris, Pugh, Giggs, Davies, Cook, Grant, Felgate (O'Leary 45), Lloyd, Pennock, Knight (Parry 58), Roberts

A solid away performance in a fairly easy match, Tyler Roberts extends his lead as Wales' record goalscorer

Iceland 1-3 Wales

View attachment 128532
Morris, Pugh, Barlow, Davies, G.Cook, Grant, Richards (Felgate 66), Lloyd, D.Thomas (T.Cook 57), Parry, Al-Wadi

Another away qualifier. Another 3 goals. The only negative was their goal from the penalty spot, *sigh*

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128531
Another 2 wins leaves us top of the group and looking comfortable, qualification sorted?

OCTOBER
View attachment 128417
We looked good last month after we changed to the 3-5-2, can we continue that form?

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Cheltenham Town 2-3 Wrexham

View attachment 128416
Kemp, Halping, Brougham, Curry, Peters, Milns (Knott 79), Smith, Crookes, Westwood, Coveney, Giles (Kelly 78)

A solid victory in an end-to-end game decided by Billy Knott's first Wrexham goal, scoring just 7 minutes from time, enabling us to make the long journey back to Wrexham in high spirits

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 2-1 Doncaster Rovers

View attachment 128415
Kemp, Halpin, Berks, Curry, Peters, Thorne, Knott (Smith 55), Crookes, Westwood (Lyons 77), Coveney (Roberts 71), Kelly

Two goals in 7 minute from Jamie Kelly made it a fairly comfortable match as we dominated Donny. It was a good display and Doncaster never really looked like getting anything despite their late consolation

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wigan Athletic 2-3 Wrexham

View attachment 128414
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Berks, Peters, Milns, Smith (Knott 73), Crookes, Lyons, Coveney (Roberts 45), Kelly (Giles 87)

We were all over Wigan today and completely dominated, taking a deserved two goal lead, before letting it slip by letting them score their only shots on target. Fortunately Robbie Roberts became a super sub, scoring what proved to be the winner 13 minutes from time

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 0-1 Luton Town

View attachment 128413
Kemp, Halpin, Berks, Brougham, Peters, Milns, Smith (Knott 59), Crookes, Lyons (Thorne 72), Roberts, Giles (Kelly 78)

A very disappointing defeat defeat as we deserved the win, created enough chances to secure it, but lost out due to a worldie from Darren Ross. Frustrating.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Morecambe 1-2 Wrexham

View attachment 128411
Kemp, Halpin, Berks, Curry, Peters, Thorne (Milns 61), Smith, Crookes, Westwood, Giles, Kelly (Coveney 57)

Morecambe took the lead through summer transfer target Stephen Ashworth who showed his class with his goal. Fortunately we rallied, with our own star striker bagging the winner for us

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 3-0 Crawley Town

View attachment 128410
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry, Peters, Thorne (Knott 53), Smith (Milns 60), Crookes, Westwood, Giles, Kelly (Roberts 55)

Giles got us off to a flyer with his goal 24 minutes in. We controlled the game from then on and wrapped up the three points with two more goals in the second half

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128409
We've risen to third following some good form after our shaky start

TOP SCORER: JAMIE KELLY (9 GOALS)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WALES
View attachment 128408
Two wins would guarantee qualification, can we get them?

Wales 0-0 Denmark
View attachment 128407
Morris, Pugh, Giggs, Davies, Cook, Grant (O'Leary 73), Felgate, Lloyd, Pennock, Parry, Feeley (J.Thomas 64)

A bit disappointed to not win tonight, we certainly had the chances but it just wasn't meant to be. Joe Feeley made his Wales debut due to injuries

Wales 8-0 Gibraltar
View attachment 128406
Morris, Pugh, Giggs, Davies, Thompson, Grant (O'Leary 63), Felgate, Bamford, Pennock (Harris 63), Parry (Knight 63), Feeley

As expected, we dominated Gibraltar and aboslutely stuffed them. With Aberdeen striker Feeley bagging 4 goals as we steamrollered Gibraltar. A top performance.

LEAGUE TABLE
Forgot to take a screenshot, sorry

NOVEMBER
View attachment 128399
The FA Cup rolls into town this month, I've won six of those

FA CUP FIRST ROUND
Wrexham 1-0 Sheffield United

View attachment 128398
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Berks, Peters, Milns, Smith, Crookes (Edwards 63), Westwood (Thorne 74), Giles (Coveney 74), Kelly

Well then. When we took the lead, I thought we'd scored too early and Sheffield would come back into it and go on to win but they just, didn't. We were excellent today and proved we are a top team with this win

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Stevenage 3-4 Wrexham

View attachment 128397
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry (Thorne 63), Peters, Berks, Smith, Crookes, Westwood (Lyons 82), Coveney, Kelly

Wow. To be 4-1 up at half-time and only win 4-3 is completely unacceptable, but at least we're exciting!

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 0-0 Cambridge United

View attachment 128396
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry, Peters, Berks, Smith (Knott 60), Crookes, Westwood, Coveney (Roberts 60), Giles (Kelly 81)

What was that about us being exciting? We had the chances but just couldn't finish them, Cambridge offered nothing but nicked a point, just one of those days I guess

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Wrexham 0-0 Crewe Alexandra

View attachment 128395
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry, Gibbons, Berks, Smith, Crookes (Edwards 75), Westwood, Coveney (Roberts 75), Giles (Kelly 59)

62% possession, 13 shots, 0-0. We've just stopped scoring recently and I'm not sure why.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128394
We thought we'd by fighting against relegation at the start of the season, were not

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WALES
View attachment 128393
Two more games, a point and we've made it

Albania 2-3 Wales
View attachment 128392
Morris, Pugh, Giggs, Davies (Barlow 68), Cook, Grant, Felgate, Lloyd (Bamford 68), Pennock, Sellick, Feeley

A very eventful game to secure qualification. Martin Bamford secured the win 10 minutes from time by scoring from a wonderful Kieron Sellick cross, who grabbed an assist on his debut. Joe Feeley scored again, taking his tally for Wales up to 6 goals from 3 games. The next Tyler Roberts? Maybe.

Estonia 0-4 Wales
View attachment 128391
Morris, Llewelyn Hughes, Giggs, Price, Cook, O'Leary, Felgate (James 72), Lloyd (Bamford 72), D.Thomas, G.Williams, J.Thomas

We had two debutantes in Taylor Llewelyn Hughes and Chris Price and two returning heroes in George Williams and Jamie Thomas. All four of these played well, as did the rest of the team as we ended the qualification campaign in emphatic fashion. Jamie Thomas is now on 39 goals for Wales, equal with Gareth Bale in second behind Tyler Roberts' 42, could these two be battling it out for the record for the next few years?

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128390
9 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses. A perfect warm up as we attempt to defend our title

DECEMBER
View attachment 128323
Our only home game of the month has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch which means we spend the entirety of December on the road, yay....

FA CUP SECOND ROUND
Northampton Town 1-3 Wrexham

View attachment 128321
Kemp, Holden (James 76), Halpin, Berks, Pallen, Crooks, Smith, Milns (Thorne 69), Gibbons, Westwood, Giles

What a performance! We really played above ourselves and produced a very impressive defensive performance, nullifying Northampton while taking our chances at the other end. To go 3-0 up away to a team in a higher division is nothing sort of sensational.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Accrington Stanley 0-1 Wrexham

View attachment 128320
Kemp, Halpin, Brougham, Curry, Gibbons, Milns, Smith (Thorne 70), Crookes, Westwood, Coeveny, Giles (Kelly 70)

Another impressive away performance as we did enough to beat a miserly Accrington side. Billy Coveney bagged the winner less than 20 minutes in but we really should have scored more

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Milton Keynes Dons 2-1 Wrexham

View attachment 128319
Kemp, Berks, Halpin, Curry, Peters, Milns, Smith (Thorne 69), Crookes, Westwood, Roberts, Giles (Kelly 69)

We dominated the game, had 62% possession but just couldn't score against everyone's favourite franchise club. Unfortunately, they scored. Twice.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
Eastleigh 1-2 Wrexham

View attachment 128318
Kemp, Berks, Halpin, Curry, Peters, Milns, Smith, Crookes, Westwood, Roberts, Giles

We dominated the game but were saved from embarrassment late on by two dramatic late goals from Carl Peters and Robbie Roberts, who scored with the last kick of the game

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 128317
According to the media's prediction, we should be in 23rd. Shows how much they know