Wolverhampton v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'rant' being the reason for Liverpool's downfall last season is largely overplayed. It was more the fact the 'rant' was ignored and Ferguson and United were still given very generous decisions which turned a few vital games for them.

The 'rant' being the reason for Liverpool's downfall last season is largely overplayed. It was more the fact the 'rant' was ignored and Ferguson and United were still given very generous decisions which turned a few vital games for them.

Yes lets go into how right tht rant was or how the refs helped united win the league. Not Liverpool dropping 10 points or wot eva it was to bottom half of the table clubs at home in the 2nd half of last season.

For a minute there i actually thought it was liverpools fault, Silly me must of been the rest of the world was wrong.

<) Blaming refereeing decisions for you're appaling form after the rant is laughable.

liverpool were punching above their weight towards the end of last season and the real liverpool is what is happeining now.

Oh c'mon the stats are laid out there after Rafa let his period spill out onto TV it influenced the team to some degree and you lot went on a slump you can't soley blame it on the officials.

Why didn't Aquilani play? Isn't he supposed to be creative?

Sorry but I know it's your own opinion which I respect but how is this the real Liverpool? Liverpool have been in the top four for last 10 years and more, no way this is the real Liverpool.

Benitez to Juve, Hiddink to Liverpool please! This is just torture to Liverpool fans :( I mean I love Benitez and what he has done here but he has got to now.

Sorry but I know it's your own opinion which I respect but how is this the real Liverpool? Liverpool have been in the top four for last 10 years and more, no way this is the real Liverpool.

Just to inform you. everton finished there in 2004. :P

I always thought that losing that game at Boro' was a key reason in why 'pool lost the title race.

Is this necessary? After every Liverpool or Man U games these pointless discussions clutter the match threads apparently without fail.

Why is it when Liverpool draw or lose we get people saying 'We are shocking' ect ect 'We wont finish in the top 4, Rafa is **** he needs to go, in a minute people will start saying **** about Lucas.

It happens every single game and it's getting really boring we all say the same stuff over and over again.

Like i said before 'We are all just going to have to agree to disagree'

Just to inform you. everton finished there in 2004. :P
Yeah I couldn't be bothered to go into detail really. But still that was the season they won the ECC so kind of balances it out really.

Yes lets go into how right tht rant was or how the refs helped united win the league. Not Liverpool dropping 10 points or wot eva it was to bottom half of the table clubs at home in the 2nd half of last season.

For a minute there i actually thought it was liverpools fault, Silly me must of been the rest of the world was wrong.

Ok are you saying that every single team is immune to dropping points? Oh no that's right, yes teams do drop points but when it is Liverpool other fans swarm like vultures to make sure that they **** off Liverpool fans when all they do is look at results and not the performance etc or other circumstances. The 'rant' which wasn't even a rant proved to people that Rafa could stand up and be counted and for once he was the only person that actually went against Ferguson which immediately villified him amongst the media.

cheers wolves, really helped spurs out there XD

Oh c'mon the stats are laid out there after Rafa let his period spill out onto TV it influenced the team to some degree and you lot went on a slump you can't soley blame it on the officials.

Why didn't Aquilani play? Isn't he supposed to be creative?

The stats? What are these stats exactly? Please enlighten me because I would love to know. No of course we cant blame everything on officials, as much as Ferguson likes it.

Aquilani not playing I can't tell you, but yes he is creative but we have other players coming back from injury as well and it is just as crucial getting in some game time for these other players.

Yup our immediate form did drop slightly after the 'rant'. But if you look at the fixtures they were all actually pretty tough games where we lost points. Liverpool's reasons for dropping points in the second half of last season could probably just be put down to the pressure. in the second half of last season we actually played some fantastic football, probably the best that any Liverpool side has played for decades, so was that the rants fault too?

The 'rant' was no worse than any other press conference and still to this day people ignore what Rafa actually said and instead travel back 30 years where racism was allowed and poke fun at the way he says fact.

The rant is just a myth that the media invented. Fact.

<) Blaming refereeing decisions for you're appaling form after the rant is laughable.

Huh... what? I meant if some really bad decisions didn't go Man Utd's way towards the end of the season then there may have been a different outcome.

Ok are you saying that every single team is immune to dropping points? Oh no that's right, yes teams do drop points but when it is Liverpool other fans swarm like vultures to make sure that they **** off Liverpool fans when all they do is look at results and not the performance etc or other circumstances. The 'rant' which wasn't even a rant proved to people that Rafa could stand up and be counted and for once he was the only person that actually went against Ferguson which immediately villified him amongst the media.

No i was not saying tht. I was saying that lee somehow pointed to official for liverpool not winning the title last season. why i pointed out the actual reason.

and when utd lose the same lines always come out.

" if ronaldo was there", " your not the same team". even " fergie is losing it"

so dont start thinking it is just you liverpool fans who get it.

Benitez to Juve, Hiddink to Liverpool please! This is just torture to Liverpool fans :( I mean I love Benitez and what he has done here but he has got to now.

obviously there are two sets of fans here - The one's that want him to stay and the one's that want him to go. I for one would like him to stay because not only have Arsenal and Man United showed us what the right model should be by achieving success and keeping their managers through rough times. One prime example of this would be Arsenal last season where fans were calling for him to leave - Now look at them, right up there challenging for the title. Why? Because it was only a blip and they are coming out of it now stronger than they were before. Just like we will as well.

Yup our immediate form did drop slightly after the 'rant'. But if you look at the fixtures they were all actually pretty tough games where we lost points. Liverpool's reasons for dropping points in the second half of last season could probably just be put down to the pressure. in the second half of last season we actually played some fantastic football, probably the best that any Liverpool side has played for decades, so was that the rants fault too?

The 'rant' was no worse than any other press conference and still to this day people ignore what Rafa actually said and instead travel back 30 years where racism was allowed and poke fun at the way he says fact.

The rant is just a myth that the media invented. Fact.

I think the fact he did a press conference about manchester uniteds manager, when we wherent evening playing them. shows a sight of a strange mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back