Wolves - It's Hunting Season. A Wolverhampton Wanderers Story

If you are after a good DM Annan is a great buy, I bought him on one of my West Ham saves and he adapted brilliantly to the english game and complimented Scott Parker well. I used him as a box-to-box midfielder. I'm not at home but I seem to remember he plays for hamburg or someone, he is valued at about 2.2million but think you should be able to get him for about 4-5million.

Thanks, I've taken a look at him and he seems pretty good. I'll use him as a reserve plan if my other prospects refuses to sign for me. My only problem with him is his height, I'd like him to be taller ^-^

Yeah he is a little on the short side, but if I remember correctly he has a jumping stat of 16 so that kind of makes up for it! Anyways good luck and I look forward to next update!

Nice story so far. keep it up. only bad results are against tottenham unlucky though

January

This month will be a very tough one, with games against Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, as well as a FA cup tie against Barnsley. We will have to do very well to get away with any points in the league in the next couple of weeks.

ManchesterCity-CarlosTevez.png

Can Tevez help Man City raise in the league after a weak first season half?

Manchester City - Wolves
1-0 Carlos Tevez (3)
2-0 Carlos Tevez (7)
3-0 Carlos Tevez (9)
3-1 David Goodwillie (16)
4-1 Yaya Touré
(71)

Man of the Match: Carlos Tevez (9.6)

Once again, we had a good amount of possession but didn't manage to get in shooting range, all while our defense were absolutely terrible letting Man City get as many as 19 shots off against our measly 6. The game was pretty much over within ten minutes thanks to Tevez amazing hat trick. Not much to say really, all credit to Tevez and The Citizens, even if our defense made it a bit easy for them.​

Chelsea-MichaelEssien.jpg

Michael Essien - MoM winner against Wolves

Wolves - Chelsea
0-1 Florent Molouda (40)
0-2 Micheal Essien (69)

Man of the Match: Michael Essien (8.3)​

Second loss in a row and this year hasn't started good for us. This time we lost to Chelsea at home. Once again our defense didn't play well enough and Chelsea's players got thru to goal way too easily. Lucky for us they only managed to get 2 of their 17 shots, on goal. We didn't get a single shot on target and I might have to look for another striker to rotate with the ones I already have at disposal. Let's hope this form doesn't carry on to our FA cup game against Barnsley up next, that is a game we should win but considering recent results... Who knows?​

FACup.jpg

Barnsley - Wolves
0-1 Matt Jarvis (20)
0-2 Marcus Astvald (42)
0-3 Isaac Vorsah (90+3)

Man of the Match: Tom Cairney (8.9)

Finally back in winning form, a win is a win and we're thru to the next round in the cup. This wasn't a game of Premier League class though so we can't get too cocky just for this good result. Another pressing concern is that, even with three goals, none of them were made by our strikers, not good. Next round we will play against Nottingham Forest.​

Transfer news

Wolves-AlbinEkdal.jpg

Albin Ekdal has been presented for Wolverhampton. Signing a 3½ year contract worth €28.000 a week. Bought from Juventus & Bologna for a total of €5.9 Million.

Some other players getting linked to high-flying Wolves are:

Giovani dos Santos - Tottenham
Charlie Adam - Blackpool
Adam Matthews - Cardiff

Wolves-GiovanidosSantos.jpg

Giovani - About to leave Tottenham to get play time?

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Liverpool - Wolves

Red Card Karl Henry (17)
1-0 Mauricio Molina (27)
2-0 Steven Gerrard (42)
3-0 Fernando Torres (64)
4-0 Steven Gerrard (70)

Man of the Match: Steven Gerrard (9.4)

A terrible, terrible game for us. We got completely crushed, being down one man from the 17th minute thanks to a stupid red card by our captain. They dominated the game in every aspect, and we couldn't get a hold of Gerrard who had a terrific game. There's nothing we can take from this game except experience. Albin Ekdal made his first appearance and did in decently.

Liverpool-StevenGerrard.jpg

Steven Gerrard - He never walked alone

Arsenal - Wolves
0-1 Steven Fletcher (27)
1-1 Samir Nasri (29)
2-1 Marouane Chamakh (86)

Man of the Match: Marouane Chamakh (8.0)

Yay, one of our strikers scored... Well okey that's good and all but once again a loss. It's getting annoying. The thing is though, these last couple of losses have all been against really good competition. I am not getting irritating about the fact that we've lost a few games, more of like how we lost them. We should be able to create more goal chances and I'd like us to be a lot better at keeping the back closed. These are things we'll work on for the rest of the season, and hopefully we'll be able to compete for international cup qualification spots in a not too distant future.

Nottingham Forest - Wolves
0-1 Guy Moussi (5)
1-1 Isaac Vorsah (53)

Man of the Match: Isaac Vorsah (7.5)

Once again a poor performance, this time against a lesser opponent. They managed an early goal and we were struggling from then on, we were lucky to get a free kick nodded in by Vorsah as we didn't really create many chances other than that.

End of January
Wolves-TomCairney.jpg

Tom Cairney - Best Wolves player of January

Transfer window closed!
Players In:
Albin Ekdal - Juventus/Bologna
Charlie Adam - Blackpool
Adam Matthews - Cardiff
Emir Bajrami - Twente
Giovani dos Santos - Tottenham
Connor Wickham - Ipswich
John Fleck - Rangers

Players out:
Jelle Van Damme - Standard
Adléne Guédioura - Doncaster (Loan)
Greg Halford - Hearts (Loan)
Nathan Rooney - Exeter (Loan)
Jamie Reckord - Macclesfield (Loan)
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - Burnley (Loan)

We signed a lot of players but didn't manage to capture the ones I really wanted. Arsenal asked put a too high price tag on Eboue and N'Zonzi refused to start contract negotiations with us after Blackburn had accepted a bid. The two biggest signings were Giovani dos Santos and Albin Ekdal, two young and very talented players whom I believe will evolve greatly here at Molineux.
Overall I'm quite happy with the signings, it got a bit expensive though, but we'll just have to keep a close eye on our economy from now on so we don't get in to the reds. This is for our future and I believe in this team, we'll manage to bring glory back to the club, I'll make sure of it. Go Wolves!

Loving this story and the colours.. :)

Thanks mate! :)

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

February

The ship is sinking

Along came february, we were now hoping to turn our losing trend around and start collecting points again, we would not. Our form from last year seems to be completely gone, the new players aren't settling in fast enough and can't seem to cope with their roles in my team. The question now is, will I be able to turn this around before it's too late, or will my earlier optimism and spending spree be the downfall of this club?

FebruaryResults2011.png

A single win, and that was against a championship team, in a close game.
Frankly we haven't even been close to win any of these games, we didn't even deserve draws in most of them. Glad to see Bajrami score one though, but I really can't find any bright sides over the whole month, I won't even bother pointing out a "best player" since basically, all of them played bad. Really bad.

March

This month, only two games were played.​

West Brom - Wolves

1-0 Chris Brunt (40)
1-1 Penalty Goal John Fleck (64)

Man of the Match: Chris Brunt (7.5)

Once again we were on our heels for the whole game, the penalty was clear though but we were lucky not to concede more than once. I'm happy to get not lose this game against or main rivals though, that would've hurt a lot. I'm happy with the result, considering recent games, but still unhappy with the way the game played out.​

Due to the crisis we're in at the moment, I decided to switch things up a little and we changed formation and play style a bit. We were way too often just falling under pressure for 90 minutes a game so I've tried to make up a more "playing" tactic. Now I'll have to let it settle in with the players, I know I can't expect wonders just after one game but hopefully we can see a difference for the better. I mean, it can't get worse can it?​

Wolves-JohnFleck.jpg

John Fleck - Wolves only goal scorer in March

Wolves - Bolton
0-1 Zat Knight (42)

Man of the Match: Zat Knight (8.2)

Back to losing. We lost again but this game didn't look as hopeless as the last dozen have, this time around we actually managed to not get completely run over and we created a couple chances of our own. A bit unlucky to not get a single point from this actually, so it's a clear improvement. Hopefully this'll be the turning point. The thing is that our next opponents are Manchester United at Old Trafford. We need a **** of an improvement to be able to get something out of that game. But I need to believe in my team, I know what we're capable of, I remember in november last year when we beat them one to nothing back home, it's not impossible.

April

Man Utd - Wolves
1-0 Penalty Goal Owen Hargreaves (47)
2-0 Javier Hernández (52)
3-0 Gonzalo Castro (72)

Man of the Match: Javier Hernández (8.5)​

We played the whole first half pretty good, sure The Red Devils had the advantage but we defended ourselves without too much trouble, that is until the second half. Manchester Utd got a penalty in the 47th minute and scored, after that the team just seemed to lose steam and we got completely dominated. Captain Karl Henry was our best player this day and had a good game, but one player isn't enough. It'll be hard to pick ourselves up now, we're in a slump, a deep deep slump.

ManchesterUnited-JavierHernndez.jpg

Javier Hernández - Best on the pitch against Wolves

Wolves - Fulham
0-1 Moussa Dembélé (7)
1-1 Christophe Berra (66)
Red Card Liam Ridgewell (77)

Man of the Match: Christophe Berra (8.1)

Tottenham - Wolves
1-0 Aaron Lennon (10)
2-0 Robbie Keane (54)
3-0 Gareth Bale (78)
Red Card Isaac Vorsah (75)
4-0 Luka Modric (78)

Man of the Match: Gareth Bale (9.4)

Tottenham-KeaneandBale.jpg

Keane & Bale - Punishing Wolverhampton

Everton - Wolves
1-0 Leighton Baines (15)
1-1 Richard Stearman (28)
2-1 Mikel Arteta (57)
3-1 Penalty Goal Phil Jagielka (90+2)

Man of the Match: Leighton Baines (8.2)

Wolves - Newcastle
0-1 Cheick Tioté (29)
0-2 Andy Carroll (35)
Red Card Andy Carroll (41)
1-2 Marcus Astvald (72)
Red Card Stephen Hunt (78)

Man of the Match: Tom Cairney (7.6)

Yet another terrible month sees the Wolves as relegation candidates, just as they we were thought to be. I'm feeling terrible as well, after such a good start that we had of the season, the second half has been a complete disaster. Next month will be the last of the season, I just hope that I'll be able to save us from dropping out and hopefully save my job in the process. I really believe I can help this club achieve great things. Just seems I need more time.

Newcastle-AndyCarroll.jpg

Andy Carroll - Goalscorer and sent off

like the story, unlucky about recent form.:)
my only criticism is that you didn't build up the transfers enough.:S
they just got a wee paragraph at the end.;)
the match reports reports are top notch, KIU:D

May

This is it, it could be my last month at the club. I would't complain if they fired me, I'd understand why. I made a promise to the board, to get a mid table position at the end of the season but I've given them no such thing. I have failed as a manager and the next three games will decide if I am to stay at the club or not, wish me luck, I'll need it.

Wolves-Manager.jpg

Christopher Warås Harjo - Wolves manager facing his doom?

Wolves - Aston Villa
0-1 Park Ji-Sung (43)
1-1 Kevin Doyle (78)

Man of the Match: Park Ji-Sung (7.4)

Well it's an acceptable result, Villa are a good team and we played decently the whole game, but once again Park Ji-Sung made sure we didn't beat them.

AstonVilla-ParkJi-Sung2.jpg

Park Ji-Sung - Wolfbane 3 goals in 2 games against Wolves

Stoke - Wolves
0-1 Steven Fletcher (35)
1-1 Rory Delap (59)

Man of the Match: Steven Fletcher (7.4)

We played better this game, we are still having problems finding the goal which cost us two extra points today. At least it's not a defeat, I guess at this point I have to look for every point we can get.

Wolves - West Ham
1-0 Steven Fletcher (18)
2-0 Giovani dos Santos (76)

Man of the Match: Giovani dos Santos (8.1)

Finally! We won a game, the last game of the season. We fought valiantly and managed to beat West Ham. Dos Santos scored his first goal for us and it was the goal that sealed the deal. This is the end of a season of one big up in the first half of the season, with the team going straight down in the second half. We've managed to stay in the PL for atleast another season at least, I just hope that I will be the one leading the team next year.

Wolves-GiovanidosSantos2.jpg

Giovani dos Santos - Scoring Wolves season saver

End of the Season

Wolves best eleven
WolvesBestEleven2010-11.png

Isaac Vorsah was voted Wolves' Fans' Player of the Year

PLTableendofseason2010-2011.png

Arsenal won the league, finally, but the fans had to stop their celebration as Arsene Wenger rapidly after agreed on a deal with Inter. Former Zaragoza manager, Javier Aguirre, will lead them next season.
Manchester United failed to make the top three for the first time since 1991 and even missed Champions League for the next season. Carlos Tevez scored the most goals in the league with 23, Darren Bent came second with 21 with Robin van Persie trailing with 19.

The biggest PL signings of the season was:
Walter Samuel - Inter to Manchester City €24 Million
Darijo Srna - Shakhtar to Manchester City €19.75 Million
Eden Hazard - Lille to Sunderland €19.5 Million
Fábio Concentrão - Benfica to Manchester City €16.5 Million
Bryan Ruiz - Twente to Manchester City €16.5 Million
Balázs Dzsudzsák - PSV to Arsenal €15 Million

Chelsea won UEFA Champions League after beating Real Madrid in the final with Frank Lampard scoring two penalties.

Hope we will do better next season, go Wolves!

I'm still undecided if I'm going to keep doing this story for my next season as it takes quite a while doing all the updates. I'll have to think about it.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Thanks for the comment. I guess you're right about the singnings, I'll write more about my signings next time around.
Keep following! :D

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Wolves.gif

Season Two

First off there's the Pre-Season games. We played six of them this year, and did great.

PreSeasonResults.png

I'm most impressed by Kevin Doyle, six goals in six games. He started pretty good last season as well, hopefully he'll be able to score more than his last season total though.

Transfers

In

Wolves-RyanShawcross2.jpg

Ryan Shawcross - €8.5 Million From Stoke
A big defender, he is strong in the air and will be a force to reckon with set-pieces. A real warrior who sacrefices himself for the best of the team, won't chicken out from tackles and will do anything he can to stop the opponents forwards. This can lead to a few too many cards sometimes but I'll try to sort that out. Got him for a pretty good price I believe, due to Stoke being relegated last season.

Wolves-YayaSanogo.jpg

Yaya Sanogo - €6.5 Million From Auxerre
Tall, strong and fast. A young striker with a good shot and nice heading capabilities. He's a bit arrogant and has got a too big of an ego but he's still young and hopefully we can help him evolve to be a great player. Will not be a first team regular but will get to play for the first team.

Wolves-CamiloZuiga.jpg
Camilo Zuñiga - €3 Million From Napoli
A very fast fullback playing out on the right, capable to play higher up in the field as well. He's allround, good in offense and defense and a good team player, will take some time for him to get to know the language and so on, I hope that won't make his debut any more difficult.

Jerzy Dudek - Free Transfer
A veteran keeper brought in to be 3rd keeper at the club.

Jonathan Woodgate - Free Transfer
An experienced defender having played for many good teams and the english national team. Have had many problems with injuries in the past. A very good and capable player if healthy, will provide solid back up/rotation for Shawcross and Vorsah.

Out
TransfersOutWinter2011.png

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

So anything I failed with during the transfer window?
I tried to bring in some better players on some positions but not too many of good quality wants to come to Wolverhampton really... :(

Did I overpay for anyone or got payed too little for some of the players I sold? Anything I can improve with my story? :)

Last edited:
Very nice, very neat and ordered, and great choice of team as well :wub:

Excellent story, just keeps better and better!

Also, I think you got Shawcross for an absolute bargain, as Stoke normally ask for a lot more than that, even after the season's ended!
Edit: D'oh, nevermind.. Just saw that Stoke got relegated, haha! XD

nice buys and I think u did well on some of the sales as well!

whats your board confidence at the moment?

like how you've added more detail to the transfers:D
they are good signings, especially woodgate if you can keep him fit.;)
you got good money in selling your players.

Excellent story, just keeps better and better!

Also, I think you got Shawcross for an absolute bargain, as Stoke normally ask for a lot more than that, even after the season's ended!
Edit: D'oh, nevermind.. Just saw that Stoke got relegated, haha!

Yeah lucky me, he's a very good defender! And I don't mind them getting relegated (6)

nice buys and I think u did well on some of the sales as well!

whats your board confidence at the moment?

Thanks! Glad I didn't seem like a total idiot selling the players for the cash I did.
Overall Confidence

To summarise, the board are satisfied with your management of the team.

Your capture of John Fleck, who the fast believe to be an extremely good player, has been parrticularly pleasing.

However, they are slightly disappointed with the signing of Adam Matthews.

Job Status: Stable

That's what it says. Way better than at the end of last season, I was **** lucky to win the last game! :D

Very nice, very neat and ordered, and great choice of team as well

like how you've added more detail to the transfers
they are good signings, especially woodgate if you can keep him fit.
you got good money in selling your players.

Thanks fellas'! Yeah I like the team, I've never really had a favourite in English football but might have to start going for Wolves after this story :)

And yes, hopefully he'll stay healthy , and if he does I'm sure he'll provide a solid alternative in the central defense.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Season start - August 13th

Finally it's back on, this seasons schedule sets me up against Aston Villa in the first game of the season. Last year we had troubles with them and especially with Park "Wolfbane" Ji-Sung. Their major signing this year will also prove a challenge, being none other than Adam Johnson.​

Aston Villa - Wolves
1-0 Adam Johnson (22)
1-1 John Fleck (70)

Man of the Match: Adam Johnson (7.5)

We got one point from a game which we deserved none from. Once again it was a problem of getting the ball up front, and keeping it from our own goal. The possession was fine. I guess we'll have to be happy with them not playing "Wolfbane" from the start, leaving him without enough time on the field to make a difference. Good job by Fleck though, plunging himself towards the ball coming from a perfect Zuñiga cross.

Injury update
Karl Henry - Pulled hamstring 2 - 3 Weeks
Charlie Adam - Torn Hamstring 8 weeks - 2 months
Giovani dos Santos - Strained ankle ligaments 4 - 10 days
Adam Matthews - Back strain 3 weeks

Wolves - Bolton
0-1 Ivan Klasnic (90+2)

Man of the Match: Sam Ricketts (7.4)

I was really annoyed with this game, we did well all the first half, creating many chances and totally dominating the game, but showed great ineffectivity in front of goal and continued to do so in the second half as well even though Bolton came thru playing a bit better but we were still ahead. Then the last cross in the game was of course the only one where Vorsah lost an air duel in our penalty area during the whole game, letting Klasnic score after 18 minutes on the field... Annoying? Yes.

Bolton-Klasnic.jpg

No Klasnic, f@#k you...

Last edited:
Great signings and very nice story as well Captain! Liking the layout as well. KIU! |)

yeah agreed the updates are actually getting better each post! Hope your team pull their finger out this season ;)