Wolves - It's Hunting Season. A Wolverhampton Wanderers Story

Time again for Carling Cup, this time we start off against Sheffield Wednesday who plays in League 1. Shouldn't be much of a problem really, well, they shouldn't be.

CARLINGCUPBANNER.jpg

Wolves - Sheff Wed
1-0 Christophe Berra (31)
2-0 Kenneth Zohore (35)
2-1 Liam Palmer (45)
2-2 Penalty Goal Paul Heffernan (76)
3-2 Own Goal Darren Purse (118)

We created more and were the best team on the pitch but we did bad in the defence after the two first goals. Sheffield played a lot better in the second half and managed to push us back at times. I said we should've won this game pretty easily so of course we didn't, I'm glad we got thru in the end at least as I rested a bunch of players. Kenneth Zohore scored his first A-team goal for us which I'm very happy with, he played up front with Sam Vokes from start. Vokes later got substituted for Sanogo who didn't manage to score. Bajrami once again got a chance to play on the left wing position with Cairney and Ekdal playing in the middle and Astvald on the right. I restet Zuñiga on the right back, letting Foley play once again and he did so decently, in the middle Berra and Woodgate proved to be a good team getting above average ratings and Berra scoring a goal from a corner. Albornoz kept his spot on the left and Noring was resting leaving the goalkeeping to Hennessey. As I said, I'm glad we atleast got thru to the next round.

ManchesterUnitedBanner.jpg

Man Utd - Wolves
1-0 Dimitar Berbatov (21)
1-1 Ryan Shawcross (63)

Man of the Match: Ryan Shawcross (8.0)

Manchester United were the best team out there today but we fought and fought for that point. We only managed to get two corners in the whole game but that's lucky for them because those two almost won us the game. The goal instead came from a free kick almost from a corner position, the cross came in perfectly for Astvald to score but their keeper saved them but cleared the ball right to Ryan Shawcross who shot the ball back in the net. I am glad we got a point out of this, it was hard fought.

Ryan Shawcross made the team of the week, after this game, as the only Wolves player.

Last edited:
the sheff wed score confused me because you did their own goal in sheff wed colours! but I got it in the end, prob just me having a blonde (ginger) moment.....

the sheff wed score confused me because you did their own goal in sheff wed colours! but I got it in the end, prob just me having a blonde (ginger) moment.....

Well that's a mistake from me, my bad! :D
I'll correct it.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:47 PM ----------

September

Everton-CahillandArteta.jpg

Will Cahill's and Arteta's Everton prove too big an obstacle for Wolves?

Wolves - Everton
1-0 Connor Wickham (90+1)

Man of the Match: Connor Wickham (7.3)​

Finally! The first three pointer of the season, against Everton to boot! I am very happy with the result as they had us on our heels for long periods of the game, but we persisted. The extra time winning goal by Wickham was his first of many, I hope, goals for the club. He came on in the 65th minute for Doyle who still hasn't scored this season.

Newcastle - Wolves
1-0 Penalty Goal Martin Mutumba (35)
1-1 Penalty Goal Steven Fletcher (77)
2-1 Andy Carroll (79)

Man of the Match: Andy Carroll (8.7)

****! We had the game in our own hands before their penalty. We played really well and had them pushed back, all was good and then their penalty changed it all. The pressure was on us and my guys just couldn't take it. I think I might have to switch around with my starting eleven a bit, take out some of the young ones and replace them with more experienced players. I'll see what I can do. Soo, good performance but a bad result. I actually tried to sign Andy Carroll during the transfer window but I wouldn't pay more than €12 Million so Newcastle rejected all my bids.

Newcastle-AndyCarroll.jpg

Andy Carroll - Once again stands in the way of Wolves and three points

CARLINGCUPBANNER.jpg

Wolves - Blackburn
1-0 Steven Fletcher (45+1)
2-0 Kevin Doyle (89)

Man of the Match: Isaac Vorsah (8.9)

A great result, considering Blackburn are currently 1st in the Premier League with 4 wins and 1 defeat.
Also, nice to have both Fletcher and Doyle score proper goals. We performed well throughout the whole game, creating twice as many opportunities as our opponents. Our next Carling Cup game will be against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.​

Cup upset: Stoke beat Manchester United with a 117th minute goal by Mamady Sidi.

Wolves - Burnley
1-0 Tom Cairney (56)
2-0 Steven Fletcher (63)

Man of the Match: Steven Fletcher (7.8)

A game we really dominated, they really only kept up with us the first five minutes, after that they just succumbed to our superiority.

Injury Update: Jonathan Woodgate - Twisted ankle 3 to 4 weeks

Month Summary

Most Improved Players
MiikoAlbornoz-September2011.png

Miiko Albornoz

SamVokes-September2011.png

Sam Vokes

Player Awards
YoungPlayersoftheMonth-September2011.png

Premier League Table
PLTableSeptember2011.png

The Manager's two pennies' worth
I'm happy with the results soo far, I think we've done decently in the league although the defeat against Bolton was unfair. Next month will begin with a game against Arsenal away, that'll be hard but we'll play hard, trying to get them off their game.

And a word too reach all managers in this league: You do not have to feel sorry for me for having a "weak" team. We'll be better than last year, you just wait and see. Ask David Moyes if he still feels sorry for me after beating his Everton, just ask him. Now sod off.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Please follow and rate my story. Now sod off! :D

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

October

Arsenal - Wolves
1-0 Alex Song (11)

Man of the Match: Alex Song (7.9)

Attendance: 60 361

A game won by Arsenal, nothing spectacular from their part though. We played okey and I can't really get angry with the guys, they really fought all game long but we just didn't manage to get the ball in the back of the net. Their defense played solid and didn't let us past them as many times as we would've liked. Viktor Noring played well to keep us from conceding more than once.

Arsenal-AlexSong.jpg

Alex Song - Match winner for The Gunners

Wolves - Middlesbrough
1-0 Christophe Berra (16)
2-0 Marcus Astvald (38)
2-1 Kris Boyd (61)
3-1 John Fleck (73)

Man of the Match: Emir Bajrami (9.0)

Attendance: 27 545

A good win against the league newcomers. Man of the match winner, Emir Bajrami probably played his best 90 minutes since he came to the club last year, I'm really glad to see him helping the team with 2 assists. A brilliant goal by substitute Fleck as well as he scored a thumping free kick from just outside the area.

Wolves-EmirBajrami.jpg

Emir Bajrami - Laying on the goals for his team mates

TotW11-17October2011.png

Team of the Week - October 11th to 17th

Birmingham - Wolves
1-0 Christián Benítez (35)
2-0 Christián Benítez (56)
2-1 Marcus Astvald (69)

Man of the Match: Christián Benítez (9.1)

Attendance: 30 006

The game was lost as my defenders lost their marking to the explosive Christián Benítez on two occasions. He's a slippery one for any defenders to handle but I think we should've managed a bit better really. A good goal by Astvald, assisted by Bajrami, where he rounded the keeper to score in an open goal.

Birmingham-ChristianBenitez.jpg

Christián Benítez - 2 goals against a helpless defense

CARLINGCUPBANNER.jpg

Chelsea - Wolves
1-0 Ramires (100)
Red Card Albin Ekdal (105+2)

Man of the Match: Ryan Bertrand (8.3)

Attendance: 39 460

We deserved a draw, we really did... Once again Fletcher's shooting is ****. He'll be dropped in the next game, can't go on like this, he gets chances every game that I would've scored if I were playing.

Wolves-StevenFletcher.jpg

Steven Fletcher - Will he play any more for Wolves?

Just read through this story and I absolutely love it! KUTGW mate!

Loving it!

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Just read through this story and I absolutely love it! KUTGW mate!

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Really good updates mate :)

Thanks a lot fellows, you keep me going! ;)

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

WestHamBanner.jpg

West Ham - Wolves
1-0 Penalty Goal Tom Cairney (45)
1-1 Carlton Cole (48)
2-1 Kevin Doyle (71)
2-2 Carlton Cole (82)

Man of the Match: Carlton Cole (8.8)

Attendance: 32 085
****! Twice I felt like we had this game just to see Carlton Cole take it away from us. We kept them at a distance, only firing long shots so I felt kind of safe. But nay! He had to ruin it all. Well, we did okey I guess... He's just really good.

WestHam-CarltonCole.png

Carlton Cole - One heck of a guy

Team of the Week
TotW25-31October.png

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Month Summary

Most Improved Players
MiikoAlbornoz-October2011.png
Miiko Albornoz

Player Awards
PlayeroftheMonth-October2011.png

Premier League Table​
PLTableOctober2011.png

So we managed to climb one spot in the league, hurray! Well no, but this month I've got two new players I hate to be up against, Christián Benítez and Carlton Cole. They managed to save their teams from losing games that I really think we could've won, really irritating. Great games from Bajrami though, the first player since I came here to get in the top three of "Best player of the Month" award, he'll get to start more games from now on if he can keep that form. That's all for this week, I'm not really in a good mood at the moment, I'll go throw some dart at pictures of a certain Carlton Cole now. Adios amigos!
Chrisis50.jpg
Christopher Warås Harjo - Wolves Manager

Last edited:
Agreed with above, definately a good story and the added depth is good, managers 2pennies worth, league table, players of the month etc make it better!

Thanks a lot guys! (gals?)
Thanks for commenting on the new stuff I'm trying to fit in. Hopefully the story will continue to evolve as I keep it going ^-^

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

November

We will play four games this month, starting off with two which should be even fights and then finishing with games against Manchester City and Liverpool, we'll have to do real good to get anything from those games even if The Citizens aren't in the best of forms.

Wolves - West Brom
1-0 David Goodwillie (66)
2-0 Kevin Doyle (85)

Man of the Match: David Goodwillie (8.1)

Attendance: 35 553

Goodwillie got a chance to play again after having some discipline problems, I hope we can put that behind us now. They fired off more shots than us but didn't manage to land a single on at goal, so our keeper didn't have much to do other than pickin up failed crosses.

This was our first home game since we expanded the stadium, now we can take in a maximum of 35 553 people, that will generate some more money to the club, good.

Will update the rest of the month tonight or tomorrow.

Good stuff, any reason you posted nude pic of Carlton Cole?

Haha, no, no reason other than that I found the picture humorous. :)

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Wigan-MohamedDiam.jpg

Mohamed Diamé - Sent off after throwing himself at Zuñiga

Wolves - Wigan
1-0 Kevin Doyle (20)
Red Card Mohamed Diamé
2-0 Ryan Shawcross (90)

Man of the Match: Emir Bajrami (7.9)

Attendance: 34 836

A good game from our side which was pretty much won as they got reduced to ten men. After that we just completely dominated and barely borrowed them the ball at all. We moved the ball around well and missed very few passes, well relatively considering our other games.

- - - - -​

Man City - Wolves
1-0 Carlos Tevez (61)

Man of the Match: Darijo Srna (7.5)

Attendance: 45 713

We played really good and Carlos Tevez was the only difference between our teams today. A player like that can really win games for his team, he created the chance all by him self and then scored on a rebound of his own shot. He is the best striker in the league if you ask me. I can't really complain about anything, our strikers weren't as bad as Joe Hart was good so they're not to blame today.

ManchesterCity-CarlosTevez2.jpg

Carlos Tevez - The best striker in the league says Wolves manager.

- - - - -​

Wolves - Liverpool
0-1 Steven Gerrard (1)
0-2 Steven Gerrard (14)
1-2 Marcus Astvald (22)
1-3 Daniel Agger (75)

Man of the Match: Steven Gerrard (8.9)

Oh, a tough tough game, and they really deserved to win this, thanks to Stevie G. We were down one goal from the start and it was all a struggle from there. The guys performed admirably but it just wasn't enough in the end. Agger's header just made them unreachable and our late goal was nothing but consolation. We're getting there though, playing better and better against top teams, I really feel like we can challenge them soon enough.

- - - - -​

Month Summary

Most Improved Players
MiikoAlbornoz-November2011.png

Miiko Albornoz

Player Awards
YoungPlayersoftheMonth-November2011.png

Premier League Table
PLTableNovember2011.png

I'm really hoping these two last games won't get us on a bad track. We lost against two of the candidates of winning the league, it's nothing to be ashamed of, losing to them. We really played the **** out of them from time to time as well, some proper shooting and we could've walked away with the full pot. Glad we won the two first games though, nice points to have. Oh and the stadium expansion I asked for a while ago is finally finished! This'll bring us some nice extra cash from ticket sales. The renovation included a restaurant and a merchendise shop that will bring some revenue to the club as well. Man I'm not gay but I dream about having a guy like Tevez, mmm what a man...

On the team I mean of course.

See ya fools!

Great story, could you check mine out please ?

I think they will bounce back from the defeats, not many teams would have done any better!

I think you should expect a mid league finish this year, which will be great for you! then with the right signings, you may(!) be able to push for European spot next season....

Love how this story is set out, must be one of the best around, keep it up :)

December

We're very much in terrible form at the moment. This month continued in the same fashion, so let's take a look at the results.

Sunderland - Wolves
1-0 Dimitar Rangelov (10)
2-0 Penalty Goal Darren Bent (26)
3-0 Eden Hazard (45+1)
3-1 Kevin Doyle (49)
3-2 Isaac Vorsah (60)

Man of the Match: Eden Hazard (8.2)

Attendance: 36 257

So yeah... We went down 3-0 in the first half. Defence was terrible, the offense didn't do anything at all and the I was going to give the lads a good ol' classic hair dryer back in the changing room. It kind of worked, we fought back and got two goals in the last half, unfortunately it wasn't enough. Almost but not quite.

Sunderland-EdenHazard.jpg

Eden Hazard - Put the last nail in the game's coffin

- - - - -​

Tottenham - Wolves
0-1 Kevin Doyle (45+2)
1-1 Niko Kranjcar (64)
Red Card Ryan Shawcross (90+1)

Man of the Match: Niko Kranjcar (7.7)

Attendance: 34 314

We did better this time around, over all. A draw away against Tottenham isn't half bad. Worst part of this is that Ryan Shawcross won't be playing the next game due to being sent off in overtime... Tough luck ey?

- - - - -​

Wolves - Blackburn
0-1 Morten Gamst Pedersen (14)​

0-2 Steven N'Zonzi (23)
0-3 Vincenzo Grella (28)
1-3 Isaac Vorsah (59)

Man of the Match: Steven N'Zonzi

Attendance: 33 706

Once again we conceded three goals in the first half. That actually were the only three shots that Blackburn had on goal in the whole entire game, so either it was terrible goalkeeping from our side, or perfect shooting from theirs. It leans towards the latter, the shots were not completely unstoppable, sure, but I can't really blame it all on our goalkeeper either. Unlucky. Yeah, unlucky.

Blackburn-SamAllardyce.jpg

Sam Allardyce - A bit happier after today's result

- - - - -​

Wolves - Bristol City
1-0 Kevin Doyle (43)
2-0 Emir Bajrami (62)

Man of the Match: Emir Bajrami (7.8)

Attendance: 34 603

A good solid win in a game we really should win if we want to improve from last season. The score line doesn't really show how dominating we were in here really, the crowd at Molineux really saw us at our best here, if you (once again) don't count in the lethality in front of goal.

Wolves-EmirBajrami.jpg

Emir Bajrami - Scoring his first of the season

- - - - -​

Wolves - Aston Villa
0-1 Nigel Reo-***er (36)
0-2 Ashley Young (51)
0-3 Richard Dunne (66)

Man of the Match: Ashley Young (8.3)

Yay, we didn't concede three goals! In the first half...
Once again terrible defending, conceding three goals while scoring none. Sure they're a good team but this season they've played terrible and are lower in the league than us. We should've been able to beat them, or at least not get embarrased by them. No, I'm just really dissapointed with this result, we have to pick ourselves up, this was a real kick in the teeth.​

Bolton - Wolves
1-0 Johan Elmander (7)
1-1 Marcus Astvald (10)
2-1 Fredy Guarín (14)
2-2 Steven Fletcher (24)
3-2 Ivan Klasnic (28)
Red Card Sam Ricketts (50)

Man of the Match: Marcus Astvald (8.3)

Attendance: 28 723

Abysmal defence... Abysmal... I think I really have to do something back there... The defence is not capable for withstanding preassure from any team in the league. I've given Noring many chances to prove himself to me, and he's improving all the time. I just don't know if it's enough or if I should try to sign a more experienced keeper and keep him as a back-up so he can learn from the bench. We're simply conceding too many goals.

Wolves-ViktorNoring.jpg

Viktor Noring - Still Wolves first keeper after the transfer window?

Month Summary

Most Improved Players
GiovanidosSantos-December2011.png

Giovani dos Santos

Premier League Table
PLTableDecember2011.png

So we're back at twelfth place. It's pretty decent but considering some other teams around us have played less games I would've liked to get a few more points already, of course. Last year we played completely useless after new years eve, hopefully we will do the opposite this year, and play better after this. We've conceded 3 goals a game in five of our last seven fixtures. That's really really shockingly dreadful defending. I didn't expect such a collapse really. But as I said, hopefully there'll be a turn-around during 2012, of course we start off against Manchester United though, wish us luck. Haha we'll break a leg, or two... on those overpaid Manchester players.