and, err, Bebe (A)

Rafael!?

World Class?!

He's not even close!! XD

For Bayern-
Ribery,Robben,Klose,Muller

For Spurs-
Van der Vaart,Modric,Gallas

isn't a world class player a player that wins games on his own and has been doing so for the last 3+ seasons?

Pienaar one of the most underrated players in the premiership in my opinion. Jagielka I'd go as far, Arteta when on form is as good as any. Fellaini at the job he does could be WC, as is Cahill.

This is what I would say for the big clubs in the Premiership:

Arsenal
Fabregas

Chelsea

Drogba
Cole

Man United
Rooney
Vidic

Spurs
None

Liverpool
Gerrard
Torres

City
Tevez (on the brink)

As you can see, I think the word world class is thrown around way too much, and should only be reserved for the select few.

Well you should straighten out your definition of world class.

People call lampard world class because he gets 20 goals a season but in all fairness, a player who gets 20 goals in 5 seasons like Scholes puts lampard to shame. The only person i truly and undoubtedly consider world class in chelsea is Cech, Terry and Essien.

So its basically depends on their performance by position.

The only world class players in united would be Van der Sar and Vidic and Evra. their performance has never really dropped and they are always a valuable squad member. However much it hurts me to say, carrick,fletcher, rooney, berbatov and nani/valencia are still not good enough to be considered world class, but they have shown that they deserve to be playing in a top club.

Players like rafael,gibson and evans are still too early in their career to consider them world class. evans and rafael no doubt will be world class in maybe 4 or 5 years.

Arsenal
Fabregas

Chelsea

Drogba
Cole

Man United
Rooney
Vidic

Spurs
None

Liverpool
Gerrard
Torres

City
Tevez (on the brink)

Exactly!! too many people are talking about FORM

This is what I would say for the big clubs in the Premiership:

Arsenal
Fabregas

Chelsea

Drogba
Cole

Man United
Rooney
Vidic

Spurs
None

Liverpool
Gerrard
Torres

City
Tevez (on the brink)

As you can see, I think the word world class is thrown around way too much, and should only be reserved for the select few.

This and the Chelsea-Arsenal match would be a good thing to write about in a blog ;)

Ledley King
Luka Modric
Gareth Bale

I stick with the above.

Ledley King is one of the best CBs in the world, but hampered by his injury. Undoubtedly the best English defender out there. ^^)

Luka Modric is arguable. I think he would make it into most teams, with a couple of exceptions.

Best left-sided player in the premiership currently, with only Malouda who can be argued as better. One of the best in the world? I think so. Time will tell, but I'll stick by this.

Though to be honest, if your definition is players who would make it into a 'World XI', then I think only Chelsea have those players from the Premier League, in Ashley Cole and Michael Essien, with maybe Drogba getting a look in.

Reina, Gerrard, Torres.

Casillas
Maicon Lucio Pique Cole
Ronaldo Essien Xavi Iniesta
Drogba Villa​

That is a world XI which took a minute or so to put together. The only team from the Premier League who have players in there are Chelsea. The only arguable one is Drogba too, in my opinion, from the Chelsea team.

Back