JCMUtdfan1

Reaction score
Fergie leaves United!

View attachment 250757
Sir Alex Ferguson has stepped down as Manchester United manager after 25 years in charge. Sir Alex says that he has lead United as far as he can and he wants someone new to lead United to future glory. There was one strange thing about his resignation, Sir Alex insisted that he would be the one who chooses his successor. The bookies went into overdrive after hearing this and top managers from around the world have been linked to the job. Jose Mourinho is the bookies favourite at 2-1, being a close friend of Sir Alex. Other managers such as Pep Guardiola, Fabio Capello, David Moyes and Vincente Del Bosque are being rumoured but no-one but Sir Alex knows who would take over.

Conroy Shock New Manager At United!

An unknown entity in the form of untested manage Jordan Conroy has been named by Sir Alex Ferguson as his successor to the United throne. What is more absurd than the recommendation is the actual appointment of Conroy as the manager by the United board. Conroy, who used to manage Sir Alex's son at youth level must have impressed the scot as that is his only managerial experience. It will be interesting to see how Conroy copes at this level and how much time he will be given by the United board if the season starts to wobble. Time will soon tell whether or not this is the last act of genius by Sir Alex, or if Sir Alex has lost it completely.

Hi everyone, would like to know if anyone would be interested in following this, the aim of it is to travel around and win as many trophies as possible. I decided to start a Man United save before I thought I would try this which was inspired by The Ultimate FM Challenge and if anyone else wants to join in that would be great. I've decided to set out the story in the same syle as KLIPPYBO in his story Basque-ing in Bilbao (which is definately worth a read) with some minor tweaks. I've done three seasons now and will post a lot of it soon but for the first season I wont be able to see who scored in the games so that will be brought in the the second season. Anyway hope someone will be interested in following :)

Pre Season + August

View attachment 250860
Conroy has started his mangerial reign with his first piece of silverware after a 2-1 win over Manchester City. Despite going 1-0 down, Conroy rallied his troops and they came back to win 2-1 after some tremendous football in the second half. Conroy was quoted in saying "I am absolutely delighted with the win, we showed great character to come back after going 1-0 down and we played some outstanding football in the second half. It's a great feeling to win a trophy and an even greater feeling to beat one of your arch rivals while doing it". There have been two new players brought into Old Trafford, Diego Milito from Inter and Xheridan Shaquiri from Basel. Jordan hopes that his two signings can stregthen and already formidable Manchester United side. United fans are pleased with the managerial appointment so far but are wary as anything can happen in football. They are hoping that Conroy can bring United forward and lead them to further successes.

Season Aims
Win the Premier League
Win a domestic cup
Reac the semi-finals of the Champions League

Players In
Xheridan Shaquiri - F.C Basel £11m
Diego Milito - Inter £10m (I think)

Players Out
Darron Gibson - Everton (I think it's Everton, I'm not too sure and I can't remember the price either)
Tomasz Kuszczak - Real Madrid £1.1m

A pretty good start to the season, especially with the Community Shield win over Man City. Unfortunately both Rooney and Hernandez picked up an injury in the Communty Shield, Rooney out for 4 months and Hernandez out for 3 months. That's why I brought in Milito for that fee, I was desperate for a striker that would score goals and having bids rejected for Jelavic and Ba I thought Milito would do. My season aims shouldn't be too hard to reach with the squad I have and I'm just using a 4-4-2 with nothing special and it seems to be doing the job. Lets hope I can avoid any more injuries and rack up as many wins as possible.

Pre Season Friendlies

Man United 7 vs. 0 Man United Reserves
Hernandez (3), Berbatov, Valencia, Evans, Fabio

Antwerp 0 vs. 4 Man United
Hernandez (2), Young, Ferdinand

Bournemouth 0 vs. 5 Man United
Park, Giggs(2), Berbatov, OG

Man United 4 vs. 1 Sao Paulo
Carrick, Shaquiri, Nani, Berbabtov

Man United 2 vs. 2 Villareal
Giggs, Valencia

Community Shield
Man City 1 vs. 2 Man United
OG, Welbeck

Barclays Premier League
Man City 1 vs. 0 Man United

Man United 3 vs. 0 Sunderland
Carrick, Welbeck (2)

Aston Villa 1 vs. 2 Man United
Young, Milito

Nice :) I'm glad someone will be lol. September should be up soon :)

Conroy seems to be settling nicely to his new job with 5 successive wins in September and only conceding one goal. Spirit in the United camp is high as they seem to be embracing the inexperienced manager and giving top class performances on the pitch. The spokesperson of the United fans has said "Despite the good start to the season, many fans are still unsure about the appointment. Once we get a bad run of results we will see how Conroy manages to deal with that. That is when we can make a true judgement on his ability." The United manager was unavailable for comment.

View attachment 250908
Who needs Rooney and Hernandez eh? Milito seems to have settled in well and Berbatov and Welbeck are firing in the goals which is helping a lot. The win over Arsenal was particularly impressive as I didn't expect to win that convincingly. Shaqiri has always been playing brilliantly, getting loads of assists and getting man of the match against his old team in the Champions League. More of the same next month hopefully.

Man United 1 vs. 0 Wigan
Welbeck

Champions League Group C
Man United 2 vs. 0 LOSC Lille
Berbatov, Welbeck

League Cup 3rd Round
Man United 4 vs. 0 Birmingham
Giggs, Jones, OG, Milito

Man United 5 vs. 0 Arsenal
Welbeck, Milito (2), Berbabtov (2)

Champions League Group C
F.C Basel 1 vs. 4 Man United
Welbeck, Vidic, Berbatov (2)

Last edited:
very good start i am following with out a doubt how are you playing milito NICE

United are on an impressive run of 13 wins in a row, 13 not being unlucky for United as they are crushing all beneath their path. Three wins out of three in the Champions League puts them in control of the group and for the first time the United board have made a statement about what they expect from Conroy. "With the squad we have at the moment we expect at least one trophy aside from the Community Sheild in the cabinet at the end of the season. On top of this a bare minumum of qualification of the Champions League and for United to be challenging for the league for a good part of the season. If either of these criteria are not met, actions may be taken". Well if Conroy didn't know what was expected of him, he does know.

View attachment 250916
Goals galore for the first part of the month, putting three past Benfica and West Brom and putting seven past Bolton. A few more goals conceded in this month, including two against West Brom which was a much more nervy game than I was hoping. Wins over Liverpool and Chelsea could be important come the end of the season and Milito mailed me out against Chelsea, scoring the winner with two minutes to go! Yet again, more of the same for next month please.

West Brom 2 vs. 3 Man United
Cleverley, Park, OG

Man United 7 vs. 1 Bolton
Milito (3), Nani, Berbatov (3)

Champions League Group C
Man United 3 vs. 0 Benfica
Milito, Evans, Welbeck

Man United 1 vs. 0 Liverpool
Nani

League Cup 4th Round
Aston Villa 0 vs. 2 Man United
Evans, Anderson

Chelsea 1 vs. 2 Man United
Shaqiri, Milito

Last edited:
Cheers mate :) and I'm playing him as a deep lying forward, normally next to Welbeck a poacher or Berbatov a traget man so he swaps between scorer and creator lol

Last edited:
I've already played through 3 seasons so I'll be able to post more regularly than when I'm playing and when I start playing and updating at the same time I'll be able to add more things like player of the month, player of the year etc

Manchester United are looking like a force to be reckoned with if manager Jordan Conroy can keep them on this path for the rest of the season. Another six wins without defeat makes it 19 games since the 1-0 loss at the very start of the season against Manchester City. Another two wins in the Champions League sees them qualify and top the group with a game to play. The manager was finally available to comment on the recent goings on and talked to one of our journalists. "I couldn't be happier with how we are playing this season. The whole squad has gelled together and everyone is playing for each other. If we keep this form up I don't see why we can't win the league and maybe more".

View attachment 250921
Hernandez is back! Three goals after coming back from injury is fine by me and next month should see the return of Rooney unless something catastrophic happens. Form is still good and another six wins on the bounce sees us top the table; and qualifying from the group with a game in hand in the Champions League lets us focus on the league before/after that game. Just want Hernandez to start banging them in on a regular basis and get Rooney back and on form.

Champions League Group C
Benfica 0 vs. 1 Man United
Welbeck

Man United 2 vs. 1 Swansea
Milito, Giggs

Newcastle 1 vs. 3 Man United
Hernandez (2), Welbeck

Champions League Group C
LOSC Lille 0 vs. 1 Man United
Valencia

Man United 3 vs. 0 Fulham
Milito (3)

League Cup Quarter Final
Bolton 0 vs. 1 Man United
Hernandez

I play them both as poachers, with players like Nani, Shaqiri, Young etc on the wings they get plenty of service in the box and score plenty of goals. Also if Berbatov is playing, I play him as a target man so Welbeck or Hernandez get service from the wings and from Berbatov and it's no problem :)

United's winning run has finally come to an end after a shock 0-0 draw away to QPR. A twenty four match winning run has been nothing short of spectacular for a manager that has had no previous experience at a professional level. Credit has to be given to the players as they have respected the manager and not pre-judged him based on his experience or lack of it. The United captain Nemanja Vidic came out and said "The whole squad is happy to have Jordan in charge. He is a top quality manager and we are pleased to be playing for him. He makes time for each player, to give them things they need to work on so we are constantly improving our game. It amazes me how he was not signed for a professional team sooner". High praise indeed, but with two draws on the bounce against weaker oppostion may turn into a blip if it carries on any further and he will need to recover from it to prove his worth as a manager.

View attachment 250929

Champions League Draw
Zenit St Petersburg vs. Man United

Rooney returns! All of my strikers are fit for the first time this season which was reflected in the amount of goals we scored in the first part of the month. Again in the second half of the month the goal scoring seems to dry up which has cost us a few points with draws that frankly we deserved after those two performances. We've been given a kind draw in the Champions League, first leg away to Zenit St Petersburg so I see us progressing from that in February. With all strikers fit and hopefully firing on all cylinders, I'm hoping for plenty of goals next month.

Norwich 1 vs. 3 Man United
Milito (2), Hernandez

Champions League Group C
F.C Basel 2 vs. 4 Man United
Hernandez (2), Rooney, Nani

Man United 3 vs. 1 Tottenham
Milito, Vidic (2)

Wolves 0 vs. 1 Man United
Rooney

Man United 2 vs. 0 Blackburn Rovers
Rooney, Evans

QPR 0 vs. Man United 0

Man United 1 vs. 1 Everton
OG

Last edited:
Conroy has got his boys back on form after three draws on the bounce in the Premier League. Wins in the FA Cup third and fourth round plus progress to the League Cup final, while scoring plenty of goals in the process seems to have convinced many people that he can lead a team out of a bad patch, albeit a very small one. Conroy is very close to fulfilling one of the criteria given by the Man United board which was to win a trophy. Another addition has been made to the United squad with Ajaz midfielder Christain Erkisen joining for a fee of £8m. With United leading the pack at the top of the Premier League Conroy looks to be pleasing the United board. Neither the board nor the manager were available for comment.

View attachment 250932
Players In
Christian Eriksen - Ajax £8m

Goals, goals goals! Putting aside the disappointing 1-1 at home to City, we have been banging in the goals this month. We have finally put aside the end of month slump when it comes to scoring goals, scoring an average of 3 goals a game. Progress in the FA Cup and getting to the League Cup final is great but things nearly went wrong in the second leg against West Brom. A couple of subs turned things around and got the goals we needed to make the tie safe. Christian Eriksen is a great additon to the squad and can be registered for the Champions League which is great and he will feature a lot in the coming months. With the Champions League first knockout round and the League Cup final next month there's lots to look forward too...

Man United 1 vs. 1 Man City
Rooney

FA Cup Third Round
Doncaster 2 vs. 5 Man United
Welbeck (3), Hernandez (2)

Carling Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
Man United 3 vs. 0 West Brom
Hernandez, OG, Smalling

Sunderland 2 vs. 4 Man United
Park, Hernandez, Rooney (2)

Stoke 0 vs. 4 Man United
Ferdinand, Welbeck, Milito, Nani

Man United 3 vs. 0 Aston Villa
Young (2), Smalling

League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
West Brom 3 vs. 3 Man United
Hernandez (2), Shaqiri
(Man United win 6 -3 on aggregate)

FA Cup Fourth Round
Portsmouth 0 vs. 2 Man United
Rooney, Giggs

Wigan 0 vs. 2 Man United
Berbatov, Cleverley

Last edited:
Saw the 2nd page and thought - this looks familiar! lol. then read the 1st page.

i am beginning to run out of decent photos in my bilbao story as all the players are pretty much regens and have used most of the ones of the stadium, fans etc but there should be photos galore of man utd

i would say good luck but i cant stand man utd so hurry up and leave them! lol

Yeah reading through yours, I thought yours was the best design and rather than take the effort to come up with my own I thought I would borrow yours :p

I bet you are! lol, I'm surprised you've got as many as you did to be honest with you.

Cheers mate and due to the nature of the challenge I don't think I'll be spending too long at United, though you could probably guess from my name that I'm a United fan lol :p

What a month for fans of Manchester United. Starting the month with a specatcular comeback against Arsenal which set the tone for the rest of the month. United were 2-0 down with ten minutes to go until pure inspiration from Milito and Rooney saw United score three times in the last ten minutes to give United three points and put them firmly in control of the title. Follow that a couple of games later with a 2-1 win away to Zenit St Petersburg, a tough place to go at the best of times, and the result gives them one foot in the next round. Finally they round off the win with a 2-0 win in the League Cup final against Chelsea. We caught up with Jordan in the celebrations, "I'm thrilled with the team's performance today, up against a top opposition and playing the way we did just highlights what a great team we are. The first 'proper' trophy in the cabinet for me and there will be many more to come I hope, especially with how we have set ourselves up for the rest of the season".

View attachment 250934

A great month for me and the team, a great comeback against Arsenal, in control of the Champions League tie and won the League Cup against Chelsea. Couldn't ask for much more really apart from a goal from Berbatov who seems to have gone missing this month in terms of goalscoring. He's getting a few assists though so can't really complain. Next month we should round off the tie against Zenit and we have the FA Cup sixth round tie against Villa so we could be on for a clean sweep of trophies this season!

Arsenal 2 vs. 3 Man United
Rooney (2), Milito

Man United 3 vs. 0 Stoke
Hernandez (2), Rooney

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
Zenit St. Petersburg 1 vs. 2 Man United
Vidic, Hernandez

FA Cup 5th Round
Wolves 0 vs. 3 Man United
Welbeck, Park (2)

Man United 2 vs. 0 West Brom
Evans (2)