Worst EVER Signings in the Premiership

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 8K
Andriy Voronin - Liverpool
Paulo Ferreria - Chelsea
Nigel Reo-Coker - Aston Villa

Voronin, really? I know he's not Premier League material, but remember he arrived on a free. Paulo Ferreira has deputised excellently when used, but a steep price for a backup, I agree. Reo-Coker i flat-out disagree with. Maybe a bit dear, but he's a really good player.

ALAN SMITH WAS OKAY FOR UTD, he scored some goals, a few winners played well in midfield and they got there money back

Voronin, really? I know he's not Premier League material, but remember he arrived on a free. Paulo Ferreira has deputised excellently when used, but a steep price for a backup, I agree. Reo-Coker i flat-out disagree with. Maybe a bit dear, but he's a really good player.

i agree with ferreira but yer did pay to much for him

It's funny, though, with Paulo Ferreira. He's gotta feel some resentment at Bosingwa. First he knocks him off the right back spot at Porto, then does it on the national team, then transfers to Chelsea and effectively puts him out of squad contention :D I actually like him a lot, but that's gotta be annoying.

Well if he's not premier league material, why did liverpool sign him??didn't exactly score a bucket full of goals, i know he didnt cost anything but his wages are well too much for him. Paulo Ferreria cost £17m, and he hasnt played for ages, he is absolute ****, why would they bring in Bosingwa and Ivanovic if they thought he was decent. Oh dear, im a west ham fan and used to watch him play, he is awful, he used to miss place passes, duck out of challenges, he is soo bad, now when he plays for villa at upton park, the west ham fans sing "your the reason we were s***" and he was, i know you will say that you cant blame a player on everything but believe me, if we had a good move on or something and looked like we could score he just lost possesion and we would go and concede. We payed £500k for him and when i heard villa bid £8.5mil for him, i rang up west ham and offered to drop him off. What a **** players, and has hardly played for Villa since, sometimes as a RIGHT BACK ahaha

he was englands U21 capt so he couldnt be tht bad

Believe me Scott Button, he is. Rubbish players have played for U21 so i wouldnt brag about that too much

i reli like him, i bet you werent booing him when he scored the winner against Utd

Well if he's not premier league material, why did liverpool sign him??didn't exactly score a bucket full of goals, i know he didnt cost anything but his wages are well too much for him. Paulo Ferreria cost £17m, and he hasnt played for ages, he is absolute ****, why would they bring in Bosingwa and Ivanovic if they thought he was decent. Oh dear, im a west ham fan and used to watch him play, he is awful, he used to miss place passes, duck out of challenges, he is soo bad, now when he plays for villa at upton park, the west ham fans sing "your the reason we were s***" and he was, i know you will say that you cant blame a player on everything but believe me, if we had a good move on or something and looked like we could score he just lost possesion and we would go and concede. We payed £500k for him and when i heard villa bid £8.5mil for him, i rang up west ham and offered to drop him off. What a **** players, and has hardly played for Villa since, sometimes as a RIGHT BACK ahaha
Well, do you watch any Aston Villa games, also? He's quite adept nowadays, opposed (apparently) to his West Ham days. I agree Paulo Ferreira was way too expensive, but certainly not the worst signing in the EPL of all time. As for Voronin's wages, he was loaned out to Hertha Berlin last season, so may have been lessened there, but you have to admit he's not among the worst ever.

Well, do you watch any Aston Villa games, also? He's quite adept nowadays, opposed (apparently) to his West Ham days. I agree Paulo Ferreira was way too expensive, but certainly not the worst signing in the EPL of all time. As for Voronin's wages, he was loaned out to Hertha Berlin last season, so may have been lessened there, but you have to admit he's not among the worst ever.

Well he hasnt played many games for Villa, and when he has, he has played right back. Anyway, I will admit that them three are not the worst of all time, but I was giving my opinion who I think are candidates for the worst signings. I'm sure you'll agree with me that Collocini for £10m and Alves for £12m are by far worse signings lol

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

i reli like him, i bet you werent booing him when he scored the winner against Utd

1 Goal, and it was a tap in

Jérémie Aliadiere (Boro)
Dimitar Berbatov (United)
Glen Johnson (Chelsea)
Emile Heskey (Liverpool, Wigan, Aston Villa)
Lucas (Liverpool)
Jermaine Pennant (Liverpool)
Ryan Babel (Liverpool)
Nani (Manchester United)
Fabian Barthez (Manchester United)

All pretty decent signings really. Sure some of them haven't been great, but they aren't bad signings.

yeh haha carol is ****, then we bought him off you lol, what a big mistake

All pretty decent signings really. Sure some of them haven't been great, but they aren't bad signings.
Aliadiere is terrible, both as a winger and as a striker. Berbatov arrived at an absolutely unwarranted high fee. Johnson for Chelsea was not a success and they paid €8.3m for him. The return off having Emile Heskey is absolutely minimal and often not worth half of his transfer fee. I'll concede it's maybe too soon to judge Lucas, Babel and Nani as poor transfer dealings. Barthez was decent, but for nearly €12m? I wouldn't class it as the worst, but definitely not a good transfer.

I'll concede none are the "worst EVER", but none of those are half good signings.

Well he hasnt played many games for Villa, and when he has, he has played right back. Anyway, I will admit that them three are not the worst of all time, but I was giving my opinion who I think are candidates for the worst signings. I'm sure you'll agree with me that Collocini for £10m and Alves for £12m are by far worse signings lol
I haven't seen him play a lot of right back, maybe through the last bit of the season when Villa were really decimated by injury. The times I've seen him in the central midfield, he has been quite adept.

And yeah, Collocini for £10m is a hugely terrible signing ;)

Last edited:
Anderson is a fantastic player. If I were a United fan I'd hate Nani though, what a complete ******. Also insanely frustrating as he's one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen.

Anyway:
Jérémie Aliadiere (Boro)
Dimitar Berbatov (United)
Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea)
Massimo Taibi (United)
Francis Jeffers (Arsenal)
Tore Andre Flo (Sunderland)
Glen Johnson (Chelsea)
Emile Heskey (Liverpool, Wigan, Aston Villa)
Andrea Dossena (Liverpool)
Lucas (Liverpool)
Fernando Morientes (Liverpool)
Jermaine Pennant (Liverpool)
Ryan Babel (Liverpool)
Mickaël Silvestre (Arsenal)
Nani (Manchester United)
Fabian Barthez (Manchester United)

heskey is quality m8 does more then what the eye see's

Is definitely not quality. The England game yesterday was a perfect example (not judging on that sole game) of his inadequate skillset at this level.

Back