WWE Thread

well, apparently, Punk and Vince had the 'real' contract talks behind closed doors after the show for hours, with no-one else allowed, and apparently no-one knows what the outcome was....Or probably that was just a false leak...Nice way to keep the suspense going till Sunday..they're gonna make a lot of money off a PPV other than Wrestlemania after long

This will be the first PPV since Wrestlemania I actually care about. Can't wait for it. Just for the Punk - Cena encounter. Hopefully the Ladder matches are decent, I don't want to sit through drivel before getting to what I actually wanted to see.

There is no way that WWE would let Cena go, he is just too important for them. Thing is unless Cena goes back to heel and get away from the PG Era, WWE is gonna fall behind Impact Wrestling (TNA)... Cause they have an incredible amount of talent that can be worked with and they aren't restricted with PG, so it's a bit edgier. I watched their Destination X PPV and that was a good watch

about Sin Cara, i'm not a big luchadores fan, but i reckon they can be quite entertaining. i mean, i would rather see a Bryan Danielson match vs anyone that a Sin Cara vs Mysterio, BUT i think that the former mistico is a talent that has to be nurtured and will surely be a top star in the future. even if, remaining in mexico, Del Rio / Dos Caras is miles better. probably because mixes his former lucha style with more WWEish moves and attitude

Lol Jamie, WWE won't fall behind TNA. Trust me.
All TNA needs is a proper direction and more international attention and they can give WWE a fair go at it.
BTW ratings wise, TNA is beating WWE in the UK and have been doing so for a while. Just saying. Bound to be different in the US but it shows that TNA is growing

Sadly I agree with Frank ... Ladder matches should be good ... some of my fave superstars in Raw one ... R-Truth, The Miz, and ADR and the high flyers like Mysterio, Kofi and Bourne should make it a great one, ADR might show us some of the moves he did in Mexico. Smackdown one should be good to Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel and Daniel Bryans ... also Sheamus is in it :D (I'm marking for him lol) ... Dolph Ziggler should be in one of them though.

All TNA needs is a proper direction and more international attention and they can give WWE a fair go at it.
BTW ratings wise, TNA is beating WWE in the UK and have been doing so for a while. Just saying. Bound to be different in the US but it shows that TNA is growing

got a link for them figures (not disputing, just wondering)

and under Russo and Bischoff, they won't get close to WWE. Atm, there not even direct competition. TNA need to stop trying to knock WWE and sign veterans and build up their own stars and slowly they could have a very small chance. ROH will overtake TNA soon imo.

about Sin Cara, i'm not a big luchadores fan, but i reckon they can be quite entertaining. i mean, i would rather see a Bryan Danielson match vs anyone that a Sin Cara vs Mysterio, BUT i think that the former mistico is a talent that has to be nurtured and will surely be a top star in the future. even if, remaining in mexico, Del Rio / Dos Caras is miles better. probably because mixes his former lucha style with more WWEish moves and attitude

I totally agree with you, just wished Del Rio would show just a bit more Lucha. Also Sin Cara's gimmick isn't credible enough to be a champion ... maybe if this was the 80's yeah. At least Rey Mysterio's one it okay, Sin Cara's just isn't credible enough.

i wonder who's going to get Smackdown!'s briefcase. i am obviously rooting for DB, for him to win the title in a regular match instead of the usual cashing of the title shot after a beating up of the champ. i guess the bookers will choose sheamus, tho, which i like very much. the other suspect is barrett, but i guess his big moment has passed and he'll be in the midcard for a while

Especially if Punk goes back...ROH will overtake TNA within the next few months..(although I don't think Punk is leaving, at least permanently)...just the mention of Colt Cabana and ROH itself has given them so much publicity in the last few weeks

I heard that TNA had an edge over WWE so done a quick search and this is what I found WWE vs. TNA Ratings In The UK Revealed

I see your point about Russo and Bischoff not getting close to WWE, we all know what happened with WCW.
What's wrong with taking WWE veterans, WWE don't use half of them right anyway so might as well try and see what they can do with the rejects. It will take time and a good target to aim at, TNA does seem a little bit confused as to where to go from here, but I genuinely think if WWE is insistent of sticking to PG then TNA will slowly challenge them. I haven't kept any tabs on RoH since the days of Samoa Joe and CM Punk with their battles, and that was like 2004? No idea what level they are at now

Well, they had a ppv recently, Best in the World...and almost everyone went mad about the main event, Eddie Edwards vs Davey Richards..apparently its the match of the year

[video]http://videos.sapo.pt/3sh6MCNfvr1w7N5a0KWe[/video]

Good stuff!! But imo, since everyone is expecting that to happen for the main event, it probably won't...for some reason...i have a feeling they are gonna let this whole thing run on, with Punk leaving with the belt and Cena getting fired..some kinda storyline to follow on both of them...or they are gonna just spoil the whole thing by giving Cena a clean win...

And i'd pick Del Rio to be the winner for Raw..then the chances of the 'MITB winner cashing in the shot' angle happening are strong...

Oh, picked a nice name, btw ;)

Good stuff!! But imo, since everyone is expecting that to happen for the main event, it probably won't...for some reason...i have a feeling they are gonna let this whole thing run on, with Punk leaving with the belt and Cena getting fired..some kinda storyline to follow on both of them...or they are gonna just spoil the whole thing by giving Cena a clean win...

And i'd pick Del Rio to be the winner for Raw..then the chances of the 'MITB winner cashing in the shot' angle happening are strong...

Oh, andpicked a nice name, btw ;)

Yeah, I'm really hoping WWE don't let us down with the main event. If Cena wins clean, I'll be so angry.

Agree on Del Rio, I just went for Riley out of optimism more than anything!

I don't see why Riley is getting a mega push over The Miz ... I don't rate his mic skills that highly compared to the miz and his finisher is DDT? WTF? I don't think he could be a credible world champ!

I don't see why Riley is getting a mega push over The Miz ... I don't rate his mic skills that highly compared to the miz and his finisher is DDT? WTF? I don't think he could be a credible world champ!

Riley is very good on the mic, and he has a great look. In ring-skills arn't really important in the WWE, and Riley will go far. Agree on the finisher thing though, should have kept his TKO finisher from his NXT days.

Just like Cena needs a heel turn, I think Miz needs a face turn..otherwise he'll get lost in the heel-heavy Raw crowd...especially now that he's not the champion

If TNA are beating WWE rating wise, that will be because it is cheaper to watch, not because the product is better.

Last edited:
Back