xbox 360 or ps3?

xbox or ps3

• xbox

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • ps3

Votes: 53 51.5%

• Total voters
I'm sticking with my PC. I don't think I'll ever learn to aim with an analog stick. mouse ftw

360 was Released before the PS3 right, if it was released around the same time it would interesting to see which console people bought more, cause the 360 was released first everyone i know around me, brought the 360 and never looked back, i think the early release had a part to play with the 360

and i perfer the 360 controller, hate holding the ps3 controller in my hand its horrible lol

That isn't the important factor at all because if you read the entire thread you will see that Raikan isn't going to use his console for online play, therefore it doesn't matter what his friends have as he won't be able to play with them online.

In that case it really does not matter which one he gets, they are that similar it would depend on what console as the better deal at the time looking to buy

i had about six xbox 360s but they kept breaking with the ring of death so bought a ps3 ;)

360 was Released before the PS3 right, if it was released around the same time it would interesting to see which console people bought more, cause the 360 was released first everyone i know around me, brought the 360 and never looked back, i think the early release had a part to play with the 360

and i perfer the 360 controller, hate holding the ps3 controller in my hand its horrible lol

Early release to market helped it gain dominance and break brand loyalty, I bought it before the PS3 was out here, for example, despite being a (blind) PS fanboy beforehand. But if they had launched concurrently neither system would be what we see today, an extra year of development for the 360 would have given it equal footing from a technological point of view, but now the 360 is stuck on the tracks from it's early release, and will be until the next generation, as they can't cut off any portion of the existing market. If the PS3 had been released, it would have been missing many of the features it had on launch (and has since removed...).

As for PS3 vs 360. It comes down to which has the best deal available, what your friends have (irrelevant in this case), controller preference (man hands vs little girl hands ;)) and whether the exclusives mean anything to you. Also online service quality could come into it, but I'm sure PS3 owners manage to put up with PSN in exchange for the other priorities they have, just like I put up with paying for XBL.

I have both systems and basically when people ask me which one to get this is word to word what I say.

If you want to play online its XBox360. The price use to be 50 dollars but they moved it up to 60 or 65 now, I am not sure since I just pay it a year. The PS3 is free although the bandwidth for it is horrible and now you can pay for it to get demo's and whatnot. Rumor has it that you can get better bandwidth if you pay for it but I don't know if that is for sure.

If you are a single player or don't like to play online then PS3 is the way to go. Everyone I know who has a ps3 don't play online so there is no incentive for me to get online games. Everyone I know goes with Xbox so that is all my multiplayer games while the solo games go straight to ps3.

Honestly I can't tell a big difference between the graphics for each system. People will try to argue that ps3 is better, but get a sports game or 2 games that come out on both systems and there really isn't a "wow the ps3 is way better than the 360 or the other way."

As for the controller yes batteries come with the 360. ps3 doesn't have it, but you both have to charge it. As for the better charge it would go to ps3 since the rechargeable one sometimes breaks down after a lot of use. For the better controller most people like the 360 even if they are a hardcore ps3. So for the layout for the controller it would be the 360.

Demo's and updates do come out a little faster to ps3 only cause microsoft does like approve of everything first. But if you can wait like 3-6 days later to get an update or a demo then it really doesn't matter.

Still its all up to you, but the best bet is to find what system all your friends have and go with that. Better to play with friends than to play with strangers (at least for online), but if you are straight single player or not an online person (say you are a PC gamer) then go with the ps3.

That isn't the important factor at all because if you read the entire thread you will see that Raikan isn't going to use his console for online play, therefore it doesn't matter what his friends have as he won't be able to play with them online.

In that case neither is better than an average PC, in my opinion. One costing around a few hundred pounds. There are good graphics cards out there for around £100

Last edited:
just come across this article from IGN,

it is a fair unbiased comparison of the ps3, and the latest version of the x box 360

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

it clearly shows the PS3 is the winner on a hardware front.

and metacritic, who produce aggregate scores of all game reviews confirm that ps3 has the best games, despite also proving bias towards the xbox 360 in a lot of reviews.

so it is quite clear which is the best.

BUT,

Xbox 360 does work out cheaper, if you dont intend to play online, and if you dont mind not having much variety in games as must of the games on it are just FPS its a reasonable choice. They also seem to have fixed the reliability issues they had at the start with it, which apparently had a 57% failure rate.

Okay I was staying neutral as the difference between the consoles is menial, how ever if you have to split hairs the 360 has the edge.
Most of those hardware comparisons are not important, both systems have near identical performance in terms of graphics, frame rate and load times.
when you get down to it the most important factor is what has the best games available, and its the 360 that wins.
apart from having stronger exclusive games it normally gets DLC exclusive to 360 eg Dead Rising 2 Case Zero.

Lets look at some Exclusives for each console

360 - Forza 2,3
Gears Of War 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Left for dead 1 & 2
Halo 3 & ODST
Braid (XBLA)
Portal 2 (XBLA)
Project Gotham Racing 3,4
Viva Pianata
Ninja Gaiden 2
Guilty Gear 2 (XBLA)
Fable 1 & 2

Ps3

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
Resistance Fall of Man 1 & 2
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Heavnly Storm
Siren Blood curse (PSN) also Boxed now
Rachet & Clank
Everybodies Golf world Tour AKA hotshot golf

both have good game to offer that other console does not have, but the 360 line up is slightly more attractive

played both extensively and marginally prefered PS3. depends what you want from your system really.

Okay I was staying neutral as the difference between the consoles is menial, how ever if you have to split hairs the 360 has the edge.
Most of those hardware comparisons are not important, both systems have near identical performance in terms of graphics, frame rate and load times.
when you get down to it the most important factor is what has the best games available, and its the 360 that wins.
apart from having stronger exclusive games it normally gets DLC exclusive to 360 eg Dead Rising 2 Case Zero.

360 - Forza 2,3
Gears Of War 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Left for dead 1 & 2
Halo 3 & ODST
Braid (XBLA)
Portal 2 (XBLA)
Viva Pianata
Ninja Gaiden 2
Guilty Gear 2 (XBLA)
Fable 1 & 2

Ps3

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Heavnly Storm
Rachet & Clank

both have good game to offer that other console does not have, but the 360 line up is slightly more attractive

I could not disagree with you more personally, Halo 1 was okay, Halo 2 was average at best, I hated 3. The Gears of War games are absolute **** IMO. Fable 2 was a disappointment and the rest don't appeal to me whatsoever.

While Metal Gear Solid games are blood brilliant, Ratchet and Clank is just pure awesome and the Uncharted games are some great adventure games.

Obviously though it boils down to what you like, but you saying the XBox line up is more attractive I couldn't even slightly agree with.

ps3 anyday, have both, ps3 has FREE internet, has an actual internet browser.

I could not disagree with you more personally, Halo 1 was okay, Halo 2 was average at best, I hated 3. The Gears of War games are absolute **** IMO. Fable 2 was a disappointment and the rest don't appeal to me whatsoever.

While Metal Gear Solid games are blood brilliant, Ratchet and Clank is just pure awesome and the Uncharted games are some great adventure games.

Obviously though it boils down to what you like, but you saying the XBox line up is more attractive I couldn't even slightly agree with.

Mass Effect series and Portal win it... well i'm just not a fan of japanese games. Still don't understand why you need to get a £500 graphics card when you play the latest games smoothly with one that costs around £100

360 - Forza 2,3
Gears Of War 2
Halo 3 & ODST
Viva Pianata
Guilty Gear 2 (XBLA)
Fable 2

Ps3

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Heavnly Storm
Rachet & Clank

lets fix this for you.

you missed out loads of the best ps3 games, and alot of the games you listed are not xbox 360 exclusive. some of them are already on the ps3, and mass effect 2 is coming to the ps3 in January.

the ones i have left are the only 360 exclusives, and i didn't even need to add any more ps3 games to the list to show it wins by far.

infact it looks quite biased. you decided to miss out probably 10 of the best ps3 exclusives, and list some games that are not xbox360 exclusives, some of which are even on the ps3 (mass effect 2, Braid, Portal 2,ninja gaiden 2) so clearly just as metacritic stated the ps3 has a much better line up for games.

maybe it was just an honest mistake, in which case you are forgiven.

Upcoming games may also be a factor, and well the future xbox 360 line up is pretty poor, after halo reach, gears of war 3 and fable 3, there is nothing significant left.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Mass Effect series and Portal win it... well i'm just not a fan of japanese games. Still don't understand why you need to get a £500 graphics card when you play the latest games smoothly with one that costs around £100

both are on ps3, or will be soon anyway, neither ar ebetter than what the ps3 already has. so it makes it clear which is better.

valve aslo said that the ps3 will be getting the best version of portal 2.

Last edited:
Well it depends on what games you like, rather than games other people say are better than others

valve aslo said that the ps3 will be getting the best version of portal 2.

No, they said that PS3 would be getting the best console version. It is quite obvious that the PC will be getting the best version.

I have both mate and I feel the xbox has the better games and better online gaming. The PS however is better value for money with the bluray, free online etc abd also has better graphics.

Tough choice :D

ok thanks guys, now 2 new questions...

1) the brand new xbox 360 250g (what are the differences between the Elite and this one) and is it better than the PS3??
new-xbox-360-slim-www.freeiphones4you.co.uk.jpg

2) How do you create an offline Xbox account?? i have recently installed Batman (what a game) and dont want to sign up every time i play, i am needing to save my progress too and alot of guys have mentioned that its much easier making an offline acount (all my emails are LIVE for some reason)

thanks guys, Neil

ok thanks guys, now 2 new questions...

1) the brand new xbox 360 250g (what are the differences between the Elite and this one) and is it better than the PS3??
new-xbox-360-slim-www.freeiphones4you.co.uk.jpg

2) How do you create an offline Xbox account?? i have recently installed Batman (what a game) and dont want to sign up every time i play, i am needing to save my progress too and alot of guys have mentioned that its much easier making an offline acount (all my emails are LIVE for some reason)

thanks guys, Neil

answerto question one, it is more like the ps3 than the elite, with built in wifi and internal HDD and touch sensitive buttons, but that's about all the difference really, other than it being a bit smaller. But it still inst better than a PS3.

Im not sure how to do the offline account.