xbox 360 or ps3?

xbox or ps3

• xbox

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • ps3

Votes: 53 51.5%

• Total voters
Have both but MUCH prefer xbox.

All the exclusive games on PS3 are over rated (i feel). I have Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Infamous and none of them have grabbed me like id hoped, ive actually spent more time on oblivion which is on xbox (and supposed to be a less buggy version).

Everything is easier to do on Xbox, (28 quid for a year xbl aint alot tbh) although i dont dislike my PS3, im pretty underwhelmed by it.

Blu Rays make no difference to me as i dont really want to watch any, but i can see the up side. None of my mates really play theirs online (its also a pain in the *** to chat, specially with the crappy headsets) Although i see you dont want to play online so that wont bother you.

You say your mates have Xbox Raikan? Surely borrowing games is a bonus ;)

I am suffering the same dilemna - but this is what I want out of the console I choose to purchase:

-Like Raikan, I am not bothered by online play. Sure its a bonus, but not something that is a neccessity. So don't come up with responses like go with what your friends have. I don't have any. ;)
- Cost is more of a factor for me - taking into account the extensions (batteries, controllers, racing wheels, etc but NOT online fees, because I won't pay them)
- Exclusives are not a factor for me either
- Cost of games, if there is any difference
- Not bothered about add ons such as blu-ray players, again its a bonus rather than a neccessity. If I wanted to watch movies I'd buy a DVD player. I would not buy a PS3.

Anyway, see what you can give me. I have had this dilemna for some time now, and have been bombarded by biased mates trying to give me hollow reasons why I should buy the console they own. Personally, from what I have heard, the Xbox seems better, but I might be wrong. Give me real reasons, however. :)

I am suffering the same dilemna - but this is what I want out of the console I choose to purchase:

-Like Raikan, I am not bothered by online play. Sure its a bonus, but not something that is a neccessity. So don't come up with responses like go with what your friends have. I don't have any. ;)
- Cost is more of a factor for me - taking into account the extensions (batteries, controllers, racing wheels, etc but NOT online fees, because I won't pay them)
- Not bothered about add ons such as blu-ray players, again its a bonus rather than a neccessity. If I wanted to watch movies I'd buy a DVD player. I would not buy a PS3.

Anyway, see what you can give me. I have had this dilemna for some time now, and have been bombarded by biased mates trying to give me hollow reasons why I should buy the console they own. Personally, from what I have heard, the Xbox seems better, but I might be wrong. Give me real reasons, however. :)

well, should you ever decide you feel like playing online, ps3 is free so yeah you've already got that. not sure about the base price of the consoles, but i know ps3 controllers are cheaper, you guy em, and you get a charger with them where as xbox you either need to buy batteries every so often or buy a rechargable battery pack. both are HDMI so theres no significant difference in terms of graphics. everything in terms of playing is basically the same excluding online.

well, should you ever decide you feel like playing online, ps3 is free so yeah you've already got that. not sure about the base price of the consoles, but i know ps3 controllers are cheaper, you guy em, and you get a charger with them where as xbox you either need to buy batteries every so often or buy a rechargable battery pack. both are HDMI so theres no significant difference in terms of graphics. everything in terms of playing is basically the same excluding online.

Your final conclusion is that I shoud get a.........?

the poll speaks for itself.

No it doesnt, that just means theres more people on fmbase that play on the xbox than ps3 im sure that if the poll was worldwide the ps3 will wins hands down.

In that case the decision should fall purely on which controller you prefer (I hate XBox controllers) and which is more susceptible to breakages.

In that case the decision should fall purely on which controller you prefer (I hate XBox controllers) and which is more susceptible to breakages.

If that's all it comes down to, I'm going for the Xbox at the moment. :p

No it doesnt, that just means theres more people on fmbase that play on the xbox than ps3 im sure that if the poll was worldwide the ps3 will wins hands down.

1. sarcastic
2. at the time it was ps3 in the lead
3. i prefer the ps3

If that's all it comes down to, I'm going for the Xbox at the moment. :p

Well the things you named as unimportant are generally the largest difficulties in deciding which console you will eventually get, so you've made it very easy to decide for yourself :)

Well the things you named as unimportant are generally the largest difficulties in deciding which console you will eventually get, so you've made it very easy to decide for yourself :)

At the end of the day, cost is the biggest influence here, and in most of my life, as it so happens.

in yor case james, the xbox is cheaper up front, and if your not going to play online, you dont need to worry about that, so if you just get a batter pack for the xbox controllers it probably does work out cheaper than a ps3. the games are usually the same price.

just come across this article from IGN,

it is a fair unbiased comparison of the ps3, and the latest version of the x box 360

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

it clearly shows the PS3 is the winner on a hardware front.

and metacritic, who produce aggregate scores of all game reviews confirm that ps3 has the best games, despite also proving bias towards the xbox 360 in a lot of reviews.

so it is quite clear which is the best.

BUT,

Xbox 360 does work out cheaper, if you dont intend to play online, and if you dont mind not having much variety in games as must of the games on it are just FPS its a reasonable choice. They also seem to have fixed the reliability issues they had at the start with it, which apparently had a 57% failure rate.

Last edited:
I have both consoles,I play on my Xbox all the time whilst myPS3 is gathering dust,don't get me wrong the PS3 is a great machine but for online gaming and a better selection of games xbox wins hands down,the Ps3 is Blue Ray and you can surf the web but uve got ur pc to surf the web and blue ray player not the best,also if u do opt 4 the xbox ur best to get the new Kinnect ready machine £199 it's 250gb ,there r always more players online on the xbox and most have mics ps3 don't ,if ur keeping ur gaming pc get the xbox

I got an xbox because of Halo. Then all my friends got the 360 so I got it aswell. Just get what your mates have ;)