XeNoN's 3412/5212 - SW and 2 WB's (2002 Brazil)

Really liking the look of this tactic! Gonna give it a go, maybe modify the Sweeper role if possible. How free is the SW? Does he bring the ball out of defence or is it just a 3rd last ditch CB? Just curious, cause if it's the latter I personally will look to make it a more prominent role just cause i adored Beckenbauer's playstyle and role.

Really liking the look of this tactic! Gonna give it a go, maybe modify the Sweeper role if possible. How free is the SW? Does he bring the ball out of defence or is it just a 3rd last ditch CB? Just curious, cause if it's the latter I personally will look to make it a more prominent role just cause i adored Beckenbauer's playstyle and role.

It's a strange one. It depends on the space he is allowed at the back. Against just 1 striker he brings the ball out, against 2 or 3 he mainly steps out of defence to head the ball and goes back to cover. I've tried different things with the role, but this seems to be the only one that really works for me. Feel free to change it if you want, but I can't guarantee that it'll be as effective as it is for me.

Looks a great tactic but i can't download it :s it says windows can't open the file, never had a problem before.

Looks a great tactic but i can't download it :s it says windows can't open the file, never had a problem before.

Windows cant open the file? You dont need to, drag it into your tactics folder and it should work

can i ask if your sw is not abale to play can u move it up to make it 3dc or would that not work?

can i ask if your sw is not abale to play can u move it up to make it 3dc or would that not work?

Because the full backs are in wing back position, you usually get more crosses against you. Having no playing offside, 1 sweeper with zonal and 2 cbs with man counters this threat quite well. This was one of the main issues I had to overcome. This was the only way I could make it work well. I've had many games where I've got 70% possession now so it's not like not having the SW as just a ball playing defender or not has made a difference.

Because the full backs are in wing back position, you usually get more crosses against you. Having no playing offside, 1 sweeper with zonal and 2 cbs with man counters this threat quite well. This was one of the main issues I had to overcome. This was the only way I could make it work well. I've had many games where I've got 70% possession now so it's not like not having the SW as just a ball playing defender or not has made a difference.
hi thanks for geting back to me m8 just started a new save found out rio can play sw so will see how it goes just need a amc

I've had 100 passes with this exact tactic but never really posted it before. I thought this was impressive.

brazilvparaguayanalysis.png

brazilvparaguaystatsmat.png

101 passes 99 completed 70% possession and 7 clear cut chance.

I used this formation for the first time today in my 1st season of my arsenal save instead of Hazzas exploit due to injuries and i think i have a new primary tactic. The game was against Man City and my familiarity with the tactic was at about 90% and i couldn't have expected a better result...

View attachment 265531View attachment 265532

As you can see i was missing many of the star attacking options available to me such as RVP and star signing Guiseppe Rossi yet with players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Marco Verratti and Lucas Digne i managed to outshine the world class players of Mancini's Mancs.

All i had was...
match prep - V. High, Att. Movement
Team Shouts as per Hazza with a slightly more lenient bias
Pitch Size - Maximum

I used this formation for the first time today in my 1st season of my arsenal save instead of Hazzas exploit due to injuries and i think i have a new primary tactic. The game was against Man City and my familiarity with the tactic was at about 90% and i couldn't have expected a better result...

View attachment 265531View attachment 265532

As you can see i was missing many of the star attacking options available to me such as RVP and star signing Guiseppe Rossi yet with players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Marco Verratti and Lucas Digne i managed to outshine the world class players of Mancini's Mancs.

All i had was...
match prep - V. High, Att. Movement
Team Shouts as per Hazza with a slightly more lenient bias
Pitch Size - Maximum
what are the shouts if u dont mind me asking

@ Kitchin75:

No shouts used, it is a classic tactic so they can't be. It literally was a plug and play scenario.

Yeah sorry i meant teamtalks haha. Just be slightly less aggressive and it should all go ok.

Xenon - have always seen your tactics and not used them, I'm a modern tactic version user and have always ignored clasic style ones.

I'm going to try this because I love the shape of it, slightly unusual and I'm keen to get past using the modern versions.

I'm going to start a new save as Everton and see how this goes, I'll update soon!

Xenon - have always seen your tactics and not used them, I'm a modern tactic version user and have always ignored clasic style ones.

I'm going to try this because I love the shape of it, slightly unusual and I'm keen to get past using the modern versions.

I'm going to start a new save as Everton and see how this goes, I'll update soon!

I refuse to use the new style tactics. I just find it annoying setting every little thing by myself with random daft tags like deep lying playmaker attack attached to it. Classic is just a much cleaner, efficient and easy way of setting everything exactly how I want it. Plus I've always been familiar with the classic tactics, going back to earlier football manager games (and CM).

anyway, good luck!