XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hello!

As some of you may know, lately I've been working on a new tactic which I created whilst testing it with Barcelona. The tactic itself has proved to be very successful. I won every game in that season with Barcelona apart from two which I drew. The only two games that I failed to win. Anyway the screenshots speak louder than words. Note that I did not buy anyone at all and did not sell anyone at all.

Formation:

fcbarcelonabarcelonatac.png

Fixtures:

fcbarcelonabarcelonafix.png

League Table:

ligabbvainformationleagn.png

Team Stats for the whole season:

fcbarcelonabarcelonaplaj.png

This is the best stats I have ever got with Barcelona. Messi was on fire and so was David Villa. Couldn't believe how well they played all season. Unreal.

Individual Game Stats:

Champions League final vs Tottenham

barcelonavtottenhaminfo.png

barcelonavtottenhamstat.png

barcelonavtottenhamstat.png

As you can see I played the Champions League final vs Tottenham. It was a pretty straightforward match. They did not really threaten properly on my team at any time. We also created a decent amount of CCC's (4).

Spanish Cup final vs Real Madrid

rmadridvbarcelonainform.png

This was a strange game. I was already 2-0 up when Real Madrid got their first player sent off then ended up winning 5-1. Can't say much else about this game.

Champions League semi final 1st leg vs Man Utd:

barcelonavmanutdstatsma.png

barcelonavmanutdstatsho.png

Another straightforward match. Wasn't too difficult surprisingly. I'd played much harder games throughout the season. 5 CCC's to their 1 epitomises exactly what this tactic is and should be about.

Champions League quarter final 1st leg vs Chelsea:

barcelonavchelseastatsm.png

barcelonavchelseastatsh.png

Routine win. Quite a big score to beat Chelsea with.

La Liga match home vs At Madrid:

barcelonavatmadridstats.png

barcelonavatmadridstats.png

An interesting match. Finishing was poor yet it created a bag load of chances. Could have been 6-0 shown by the 6 CCC's my team had.

La Liga match away vs Sevilla:

sevillavbarcelonastatsm.png

sevillavbarcelonastatsa.png

Strangely easy. Didn't expect to win 6-0 vs Sevilla. Didn't expect to stop them from shooting for a whole 90 minutes either. One of the best performances by this tactic.

La Liga match home vs Real Madrid:

barcelonavrmadridstatsmn.png

barcelonavrmadridstatsh.png

A very very good performance by the tactic and my team vs Real Madrid. Couldn't believe that I created 5 Clear Cut Chances vs them. Deserved the win!

Champions League group home vs Werder Bremen:

barcelonavwerderbremens.png

barcelonavwerderbremens.png

9 CCC's is the most the tactic yielded in the whole season. An extremely impressive performance by the team.

La Liga match away vs Almeria:

almeravbarcelonastatsaw.png

Not conclusive but proof still that this tactic isn't just about Messi. These players could do it too!

So I think you've all had enough of the screenshot attack? You've seen what the tactic is about, now I'll show you how I find was best to utilise each position.

Goalkeeper: Your standard goalkeeper.

Defender Right/Left: As you can see they did chip in with a few assists in the season. Standard crosser, attacking full backs who can defend too.

Defender Centre: Strong, relatively quick and good in the air. Will score for corners.

DMC: A Mascherano type player! Midfield destroyer. Doesn't need to be a great passer, they will always play it short.

MCR: A Xavi type player. Preferably a good passer but a defensive type will do in this position too.

xaviprofileattributes.png

MCL: An Iniesta type player! I found it better when I played Thiago in this position though. Chances will fall to this position quite a few times in the season. If you have a midfielder that can pass well defend well and score, it is here where you should place him.

andrsiniestaprofileattr.png

AMR/L: They are the wingers. Any wingers can do. Doesn't matter which foot plays where. What I found was whoever played in this position, they usually played well. My main guys were Messi on AMR and Pedro on AML (sometimes Iniesta).

lionelmessiprofileattri.png

pedroprofileattributes.png

ST: A goalscorer. This player gets behind the line of defence quite a lot due to the chances created by the players around him. You saw that David Villa scored 70 goals in the season from this position. Bojan added another 12 goals from this position. So that is 82 goals from ST position in a season. Unreal isn't it?

davidvillaprofileattrib.png

As you can see, with this tactic I have enjoyed a lot of success over a season. But also as you can see I've only ever played this tactic with Barcelona. I've not tested it with any other team at all. But anyway, here it is!

I used no OI's, left team talks and match prep to the assistant manager and set the pitch size as whatever it was already on :p (if that helps!)

I have also noticed that I have playmaker and target man both ticked. I have not set any playmakers or target man so this can be ignored.

Download link v1: http://www.mediafire.com/?kvi6w1kxa876cmr

I've created a v2 since the first one. My observations is that it controls the game more, defends just as good as v1 and creates as many (if not more) clear cut chances to score off. In my opinion v2 is better than v1.

Download link v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3v8s2l9xu40qy0a

Version 3 of this tactic is all of the above description for v2 + better at defending set pieces. I suggest that v3 is the tactic that you download.

Download link v3: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b98ae176.html

Obviously v4 is an improvement on v3. I think you know which tactic to download ;)

Download link v4: http://www.mediafire.com/?9pnb8gfej50g0u1

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Will download now and try tomorrow mate with united will let ya know how it goes any specific instructions/ois/match prep/pitch size?

:) looks great mate! Shall test it out with my chesterfield team! thanks

Will download now and try tomorrow mate with united will let ya know how it goes any specific instructions/ois/match prep/pitch size?

I used no OI's, left team talks and match prep to the assistant manager and set the pitch size as whatever it was already on :p (if that helps!)

I have been waiting for this tactic all day :D

I also noticed playmaker is ticked, which MC (I'm presuming) should be the main playmaker? At the moment I'm going to try MCL as I will be rotating Ganso and Barry Bannan there :D

Edit: Ah just noticed your sneaky edit :p

Last edited:
I have been waiting for this tactic all day :D

I also noticed playmaker is ticked, which MC (I'm presuming) should be the main playmaker? At the moment I'm going to try MCL as I will be rotating Ganso and Barry Bannan there :D

I have not set anyone as a playmaker or a target man. The tick doesn't make any difference in the slightest!
And you are using Aston Villa? I have just gone onto my Aston Villa game save with this tactic, opening game of the PL season I won 3-0 vs Blackburn. Ashley Young hat-trick from AML ;)

astonvillavblackburnsta.png

astonvillavblackburnsta.png

Yeah I am using Aston Villa, but with a transfer update so no Young or Downing. Besides I am in the 3rd season so I am well on my way of making the team my own anyway.

In my last tactic I had Ozil dominating at AML but I'm thinking of having him rotating at MCL with Ganso and buying a new AML at the end of the season as looking at your tactic and how it played in my first match (3-0 win in Champions League Semi Final vs PSG) he would be better suited in the centre.

Last edited:
Just started using this as struggling with man city using 2.1 but so far ive beat West Brom 5-0 and Fulham 4-0 good so far

Just started using this as struggling with man city using 2.1 but so far ive beat West Brom 5-0 and Fulham 4-0 good so far

I'm glad that you're enjoying more success with this tactic than my previous one.

Played four games with my chesterfield side, and so far had a 2-2 drawn, 4-1 wins twice and a 2-0 lost to sunderland who are the far better side. The team still is not fluid with the tactic and I did introduce it midway thur the season so its hard for players to fully understand it. All the sides are there that it will be a good tactic :) abit off topic does anyone know any lower league messi's?

Played four games with my chesterfield side, and so far had a 2-2 drawn, 4-1 wins twice and a 2-0 lost to sunderland who are the far better side. The team still is not fluid with the tactic and I did introduce it midway thur the season so its hard for players to fully understand it. All the sides are there that it will be a good tactic :) abit off topic does anyone know any lower league messi's?

I see, I suppose the Sunderland match was a cup game?

As for lower league Messis I cannot comment! I once used a scout tool to find a few, had a very good conference/league 2 team but I can't suggest players because I simply don't remember names :p

I see, I suppose the Sunderland match was a cup game?

As for lower league Messis I cannot comment! I once used a scout tool to find a few, had a very good conference/league 2 team but I can't suggest players because I simply don't remember names :p

Yeah it was a cup game and since that game I have won all games 1-0, 3-2, 4-2 :) i think i need better fullbacks! lol

I just holidayed a season with Arsenal and won the league by 4 points!

I've decided I'm going to enjoy the game rather than test now, got 2-3 months until the new game is out eh? :p
Anyway my season will be with Tottenham, trying to keep them in the Champions League but more realistically trying to win everything and get a nice squad together. I don't enable transfer window for the first window so my team is the same as the Tottenham team. Anyway I've played 4 league games so far and 2 CL qualifiers and won them all. But my last match was the best result I've had so far.

tottenhamvwiganstatsmat.png

tottenhamvwiganstatshom.png

7 CCC's. I think it's the 2nd highest I've yielded with this tactic. 0 CCC's for them. Domination?