XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 (Whole Season Unbeaten)

XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hello all!

You may know me from FM11 part of the tactics section on FM-Base, having released 2 very good and very popular tactics previously (4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 for FM11). Well here is my first tactic for fm12.

It's taken me a few months now but as you know I only release tactics which I feel are almost perfect. So here is my almost perfect tactic. The tactic is a 4-1-2-2-1 as seen below.

juventustacticsoverview.png

As you can see I have made the tactic using the classic view. It is much easier for me to tweak so this is the main reason as to why it is in classic view.

I feel this is a very effective tactic. A summary of it is that as well as having a potent attack which averages more than 2 goals per game, the tactic also possesses a stern defence. In 43 matches in the season for Juventus, my team conceded only 15 goals, keeping 29, yes, 29 clean sheets. The highest amount of goals my Juventus team conceded was 2 goals v Napoli and only did so once! I figured if you can have a defence as good as this, coupled with a potent attack you should win more or less every game. That is what happened for me anyway! As well as this I'd like to point out that I only made 2 real transfers (Jadson and Honda). Jadson unfortunately got injured for me long-term in the first half of the season hence I bought Honda in the January transfer window. Other that these transfers which were not really to major, the rest of the team were the Juventus default.

Fixtures:

juventusfixturesfixture.png

juventusfixturesfixture.png

League Table:

serieaoverviewstages.png

Also won the Olympic games with Team GB scoring 32 goals and conceding only 1!:

greatbritainunder23sfix.png

Some random games of interest:

fiorentinavjuventusstat.png

intervjuventusstatsmatc.png

juventusvcesenastatsmat.png

juventusvinterstatsmatc.png

juventusvpalermostatsma.png

Beat Inter Milan 2x that season away and neutral in cup final (drew in home match) and beat AC Milan twice too 1-0 both matches home and away. Pretty straightforward.

Players:

GK - Any goalkeeper that can save goals!

DR/DL - Attacking full backs

DC - Both should be good defenders with a decent bit of pace.

DMC - Midfield destroyer. Your defensive midfielder.

MCR - A passing midfielder. Deep lying playmaker. This player controls the game.

MCL - A more attacking midfielder with good passing stats and a decent bit of creativity. It is important that this midfielder isn't one dimensional. A more box to box midfielder is ideal here.

AMR - A winger, not inside forward. Crossing/dribbling/speed. If this player can score too it would be good for you. A lot of chances will fall to both wide players.

AML - Inside forward. Right footer on left side is ideal here. A more creative player would be great. Del Piero set up a lot of goals from here even though he lacks speed. I suppose a player like Mario Gotze would be brilliant here too.

ST- Your goalscorer. Fast, finishing, first touch. Creativity for this player would be brilliant too. He will create chances for those around him too.

Assistant does team talks. Pitch size standard. Opposition instructions.. none! That should answer most questions I think.

Download links: XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 v1.00 (Juventus, May 2012).tac & http://www.2shared.com/file/mIIexmQf/XeNoNs_4-1-2-2-1_v100__Juventu.html? (2 links of the same tactic)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
If this is as defencisve solid as makes out i could use 4-5-1 for the San Marino Nation Team, let see how it holds up.. :p

Loved your fm 11 tactics, so really excited to try this one out just thinking about what team to use 8-|

I intend to start a save with CSKA Moscow in the near future so will definitely give this tactic a go.

I look forward to your 4-2-3-1 for FM 2012 as well! :p

hy xenon do you select MCR as playmaker?!...i will give a try with my Fortuna Dusseldorf...i made a good squad but for 2 season i only 8 position ...hope this tactic will help me to reach to new level :D...

hy xenon do you select MCR as playmaker?!...i will give a try with my Fortuna Dusseldorf...i made a good squad but for 2 season i only 8 position ...hope this tactic will help me to reach to new level :D...

I do not select anyone as playmaker even though the box is ticked. Kind of a useless ticked box! Neither do I select a target man.

Just won the Olympics with team GB by a large margin.

greatbritainunder23sfix.png

Scored 32 goals in the competition (14 more than Switzerland who scored the 2nd most) and conceded only 1 goal in the whole tournament.

hello xenon, just tried yours tactics and it is really brilliant, it helps my lyon to beat dinamo kiev in champions league qualifications a few minutes ago but there is one problem briand is exellent fo inside forward, as i think, but he is a RIGHT midfielder, also i have michel bastos and he is very good as winger,usually he plays on the LEFT flang so my question is: can i do something to change your tactics a little bit? i really need to make inside forward at the RIGHT flang and winger on the left.
p.s. sorry for my english ^ ^

hello xenon, just tried yours tactics and it is really brilliant, it helps my lyon to beat dinamo kiev in champions league qualifications a few minutes ago but there is one problem briand is exellent fo inside forward, as i think, but he is a RIGHT midfielder, also i have michel bastos and he is very good as winger,usually he plays on the LEFT flang so my question is: can i do something to change your tactics a little bit? i really need to make inside forward at the RIGHT flang and winger on the left.
p.s. sorry for my english ^ ^

Just swap the settings over?

Edit: You might want to swap the two MC settings over as well.

khm.. ofc it is my fault, but i dont really know how can i do that because there is simply no choise like winger,inside...etc as when i used my own tactics

khm.. ofc it is my fault, but i dont really know how can i do that because there is simply no choise like winger,inside...etc as when i used my own tactics

It should work fine regardless. But yeah if you want swap the two player instructions it it should work I guess. Drag AMR to AMC. Then drag AML to AMR. Then drag AMC to AML. This should swap the two positions

sick start with arsenal, bought tons of youngsters (H)

first prm league games van persie was complete **** 5.9 so weird, brought on young afobe and he scored 2, cool beans. cant wait to see what sanogo can do but i hope vp can do a lot better I know its just the first game.

just lost my first game at home to man u :'( 3-2

mertesacker was horrible, and ramsey made a mistake to let them score the 3rd. atleast rvp was in fine form scoring twice.

just lost my first game at home to man u :'( 3-2

mertesacker was horrible, and ramsey made a mistake to let them score the 3rd. atleast rvp was in fine form scoring twice.

Ah that's unfortunate, sounds close.

Last edited:
Played a little over a month with Everton, started at the end of August with this tactic.
Overall played about 7, lost only two, against Stoke in the league and Wolves in league cup..
Nonetheless very solid tactic, beat Man City at home in form 3-2 and Tottenham away 2-1.
Victor Anichebe doing very well up front, on about 7 goals in 10 appearances.
One thing, seem to be picking up more than a few yellow cards, any way to stop this or at least cut it down a bit?

Played a little over a month with Everton, started at the end of August with this tactic.
Overall played about 7, lost only two, against Stoke in the league and Wolves in league cup..
Nonetheless very solid tactic, beat Man City at home in form 3-2 and Tottenham away 2-1.
Victor Anichebe doing very well up front, on about 7 goals in 10 appearances.
One thing, seem to be picking up more than a few yellow cards, any way to stop this or at least cut it down a bit?

Sounds great! Not sure about the yellow cards. Suspensions have never really been a problem for me. Not had too many suspensions throughout the course of a season.