XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 (Whole Season Unbeaten)

realy good tactic, the most compelte tactic in this forum for sure...keeps possession 60% almost all games, enough ccc, for me its the ebst till now, realy good work xenon, keep it ;)

Going to try this with AS Monaco second season, not doing too well (after 4 games we are 11th) in Ligue 1 and board wants a top half finish right after getting promoted ;)

Are there any changes for away games?

Last edited:
Hey Xenon, I am currently really enjoying a save with Borussia Dortmund and this tactic does not suit the squad I have but I really want to try it. Do you think I could move the DM to AMC and change some of his personal instructions or will the tactic become unbalanced? If yes, which PI's would you recommend I change? :)

Last edited:
realy good tactic, the most compelte tactic in this forum for sure...keeps possession 60% almost all games, enough ccc, for me its the ebst till now, realy good work xenon, keep it ;)

Thank you, much appreciated.

Going to try this with AS Monaco second season, not doing too well (after 4 games we are 11th) in Ligue 1 and board wants a top half finish right after getting promoted ;)

Are there any changes for away games?

No changes. It's a simple plug and play tactic.

Hey Xenon, I am currently really enjoying a save with Borussia Dortmund and this tactic does not suit the squad I have but I really want to try it. Do you think I could move the DM to AMC and change some of his personal instructions or will the tactic become unbalanced? If yes, which PI's would you recommend I change? :)

Hey. Yeah I understand the frustration! In FM12 there are a lot of players who are AMC and the tactic does not really accommodate them unless they play wide. This is the reason why I am working on making a 4-2-3-1 tactic (though admittedly it will be a long process). I have found that without that DMC the team concedes quite a few goals. I tried to make the tactic itself very good in both defence and attack so most games are a win with any good team. Removing the DMC from this tactic and making him AMC will probably make this tactic unbalanced. What I would recommend though if you really want to do this is move MCL to AMC and move the DMC to MCL. Then convert http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/87080-brazil-1970-4-2-4-a.html to classic and use the AMC instruction from this tactic instead of the MCL instruction which was moved to AMC. If you then find you are conceding too many or giving away too many chances change the two wing back's run from deep from often to sometimes. If you then find AMC instruction from that tactic is not very effective, change cut inside to move into channels because in that tactic he plays slightly towards the left. That is the only short term measure I can offer for converting this 4-1-2-2-1 tactic to 4-2-3-1 unfortunately.

I am using JP Woody's 4-2-3-1 Germany Style at the moment and it is doing quite well so I will probably just be patient and wait for yours :D

Thanks for the tips though, I might try them

great for me...not the best squad but i got very good results...i lost only against bayern ....i beat dortmund, leverkusen etc...i have young defenders...it's hard for me to find good fullbacks because i was overlap every time on flanks ...

Just tried this with my San Marino team, nto usually a big fan of the 4-5-1 but a 56% possesion, 7 CCC's and a 7-1 win over AC Milan away cant be argued with. ever!

View attachment 205075

Hi Xenon,

I would like to try your tatic with Newcastle. Could you please give me the match preparation?

THX!

hey Xenon just wanted to ask you that is it okay if i swap both the wingers as i dont have any good inside forwards who can play AML but i do have dos santos who can play inside forward as AMR..and if i do swap them do i have to swap the 2 CM's too ??

hey Xenon just wanted to ask you that is it okay if i swap both the wingers as i dont have any good inside forwards who can play AML but i do have dos santos who can play inside forward as AMR..and if i do swap them do i have to swap the 2 CM's too ??

Sounds good to me. Should be as effective.

An update for my 4-2-3-1 tactic: Testing of it is going well. Everything is going well. Unbeaten for the whole season in season 2 however I have made quite a few transfers. Anyway my last game I got 9 clear cut chances! And conceded none, won 3-0. Basically the almost perfect match and it was away from home which is always a plus. Could have and should have scored more but Quagliarella was terrible at finishing!

bolognavjuventusstatsma.png

Should be released as soon as I finish the season. Hopefully it will be another unbeaten season and hopefully I win the Champions league, although the last match v Athletic Bilbao was slightly difficult though I still won.

and what about the 2 CM.. ?? should they be swapped too ?/

and you have ticked use playmaker..should i assign the MCR as the playmaker ??

and what about the 2 CM.. ?? should they be swapped too ?/

and you have ticked use playmaker..should i assign the MCR as the playmaker ??

Yes swap the CM's. Don't assign a playmaker at all.

Yeah mate release your 4-2-3-1as soon as u can. waiting impatiently for it!
BTW in your testing for the 4-2-3-1, which month have you reached??