Its easy to be MAn Utd :) Use LFC Marshall's update, start a new game with e.g. Swansea, dont buy anyone and win treble and then...

Well mission completed. Not saying that this is bad tactic, I know its good. :)

Thanks for all of your responses. They've been great so far, I'm glad most of you are having a lot of success with the tactic. I have been very ill for the last few days (like in bed all day ill) so I've not played much FM. But I will now work on finishing my Man Utd season and tell you how I get on.

My last game

tottenhamvmanutdstatsaw.png

A 5-1 win with 5 GOALS from Javier Hernandez. I slightly tweaked just 1 little thing before the match so I'm going to try it for a few more games and see the difference it makes.

This tactic it's a killer :D And Striker in this tactic is crazy good xD I play now Atletico Madrid i will give soon screenshoots! Forlan is amazing.

I've finally completed the season now.

Final League Table:

englishpremierdivisionib.png

Fixtures list:

manchesterunitedmanutdf.png

manchesterunitedmanutdfx.png

Well it's easy to see that I won nearly every single game of the season with this tactic. Going off the fixtures list I don't think I lost a game in the whole season and only drew twice. Once to Rangers and another to Arsenal. I think that the league table also shows that even though this tactic is quite attacking, it does quite well defensively too!

End of season player stats:

manchesterunitedmanutdp.png

manchesterunitedmanutdpc.png

Well for me these are very very good stats. The main goalscoring positions are from STC and AMC. Throughout the season I mainly played Hernandez and Berbatov as STC's and Rooney and Anderson as AMC's. In the league Javier Hernandez scored 28 goals from 19 starts and 11 substitute appearances. I also think that the 36 assists over the whole season for Nani was just phenomenal. I've never achieved so many assists from the wider positions. Nani loves to cut inside from the left (that is where I usually played him) but was also equally adept at crossing with his left foot from the outside. Killer combination.

Matches of interest:

manutdvchelseastatsmatc.png

manutdvchelseastatshome.png

I thought that this was the most interesting match of the season. I made a slight tweak of the tactic before this game towards the back end of the season and used it in every game afterwards. I fielded a weak team vs Chelsea (as you can see not a lot of them players are my 1st choice players) and still managed to convincingly win against Chelsea AND create 4 clear cut chances. After this match I played vs Barcelona and won 4-1, against Chelsea and won 2-1 and then CL final against Real Madrid and won 3-0.

I will add the tweaked tactic (as well as explaining what I have done to it) and these screenshots into the OP shortly.

Thank you.

Nice. I've been played West Ham United in the Championship and my results is 9|2|0, but my players are scoring very often in the first half. It's bad i think, coz sometimes they can lost the win (if they strike hmm.. one, two goals). But it's great, i beat Fulham 2-0 and Birmingham 4-1, so it's superb.

Its easy to be MAn Utd :) Use LFC Marshall's update, start a new game with e.g. Swansea, dont buy anyone and win treble and then...

Well mission completed. Not saying that this is bad tactic, I know its good. :)

Well try that and let's see how you get on... ;)

this is basically the exact formation and tactics i used in my real madrid game and the results were very similiar. It looks attacking but works out very well for defence.

Anyone used this on lower prem teams etc. Results look amazing with man utd

great tactic just finished first season with united won fa cup,prem,champs league:wub:

great tactic just finished first season with united won fa cup,prem,champs league:wub:

Ah you finished your season! I was actually waiting to see your final impression of the tactic as you always use the tactic with the team that i am going to use. Looks like a good'un.

May i ask which of the 2 versions did you use, version 1 or version 2.1 ?

Last edited:
How do the central midfielders play on this tactic? Should i be looking at using more defense minded central midfielders?

Ah you finished your season! I was actually waiting to see your final impression of the tactic as you always use the tactic with the team that i am going to use. Looks like a good'un.

May i ask which of the 2 versions did you use, version 1 or version 2.1 ?
2.1 mate

How do the central midfielders play on this tactic? Should i be looking at using more defense minded central midfielders?

The central midfielders are just simple. Gaining possession and keeping it or passing it onto people who will attack. It is good to have pretty good passers of the ball in these 2 CM positions. They are more defensive minded yes but there is no need to go overkill on signing proper defensive midfielders.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

our first match, not bad at all

uw6rw.png

Wow that is pretty good. Good luck with the rest of your season :)

First Game: Manchester United 3-2 Manchester City.
Looks like a good tactic. P.S. I was playing with my reserves team for the community shield.
Cheers

Great tactic, won first game 4-0 as Barcelona against Rangers. Created 6 ccc's and 64% poss.