XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Right, I've finally made a narrow formation! I don't know how exactly, but I've managed to win every game so far this season. Not even a draw, which is unusual :S Anyway this tactic plays some real good football and isn't as direct as any of my other tactics so I cannot guarantee that this tactic will work with smaller teams! (though I hope it does, but I am not going to test for that). Anyway here it is! I've not played a whole season with it, but I'm convinced that it's good enough to share.

Formation:

chelseatacticsoverview.png

It's worth noting that the most important players in this tactic is AMC and ST. AMC is THE CREATIVE hub of the team. Most games they will get 4 key passes, which is a **** of a lot. They create most of the chances and even grabs a fair share of goals .

Team stats:

chelseasquadplayers.png

League table:

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

Results:

chelseafixturesfixtures.png

chelseafixturesfixtures.png

Some random games of interest:

manutdvchelseastatsmatc.png

liverpoolvchelseastatsm.png

So yeah, here's my first narrow tactic. Hope it's good for you all.

Like all of my tactics, it's plug and play. I ALWAYS leave pitch size default match prep average and let assistant do a lot of things. If in doubt, decide for yourself. I wouldn't do OI though! Changes part of the tactic lol.

Links:

XeNoN's 4-2-3-1 Narrow v1.00 (Chelsea, Jan 2012).tac

2shared - download XeNoN's 4-2-3-1 Narrow v1.00 (Chelsea, Jan 2012).tac

I've made another tactic. It's also a narrow tactic and I've been told it's better than the one above. Try it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?f76ibr49rpjx661

Enjoy!

Last edited:
If it's anything like your 424 then it will be some tactic

Hopefully it will be as successful! As for the player instructions and team instructions, it is a whole new set (except for the AMC and 2 CB roles). I do think it plays much better, attractive football though. Works well for me though, so should work well with most people!

Is this tested with the new patch or the old one?
Looks amazing though yet again!

Looks good :) Match prep, OI and pitch size?

hi Xenon, can you please let me know the required attributes for each positions ?

so this is made for 12.1.1? I find that I can't win with any of the tactics from 12.0.4

I take it you were mainly using Mata as your AMC?

You also seem to have Malouda playing very well, something I've always found difficult

Very good results. Did u make any transfers?

edit: Nvm, just saw a screenshot of your team sheet. :) Will give this a go with Swansea.

Last edited:
I take it you were mainly using Mata as your AMC?

You also seem to have Malouda playing very well, something I've always found difficult

Yeah Mata mainly my AMC. Malouda plays well. He's a good player in this game!

Last edited:
Trying it now with my TSV 1860 Munchen team. I'm in 2014 and I have a relatively good team. Won Bundesliga last year..wish me luck :D

Later edit:
First game against Kopenhaga in UCL.

Final score: 0 - 5 (nice :D)
Shots: 11 - 18 (good)
On target: 2 - 10 (againd, good)
CCC: 1 - 5 (great)
Posession: 42% - 58% (good)

The only thing against is the fact that i've got 4 yellow cards and 1 red card. So the aggresivity wories me. Also 2 of the goals were own goals.

Will keep testing :D

Another edit: In 3 games had 2 red cards and 10 yellow cards. Sucks !!

Last edited:
Trying it now with my TSV 1860 Munchen team. I'm in 2014 and I have a relatively good team. Won Bundesliga last year..wish me luck :D

Later edit:
First game against Kopenhaga in UCL.

Final score: 0 - 5 (nice :D)
Shots: 11 - 18 (good)
On target: 2 - 10 (againd, good)
CCC: 1 - 5 (great)
Posession: 42% - 58% (good)

The only thing against is the fact that i've got 4 yellow cards and 1 red card. So the aggresivity wories me. Also 2 of the goals were own goals.

Will keep testing :D

Another edit: In 3 games had 2 red cards and 10 yellow cards. Sucks !!

Huh, strange. I've had no disciplinary problems. Sure it isn't just your players aggressive statistics? Should calm down after the defensive part of match prep gets near full though.

Just so you know, if you play patch 12.1 or 12.1.1 there is a bug so players get about 3 times more* yellow and red cards than what's normal in real football.

*from comparing one FM season in Serie A to the cards given last season in Serie A

Last edited:
Anybody can mention a couple of teams who have a suitable team for this tactic? Looks good as always.