What's your thinking behind it?

I thought, those 2 AM's on the left and right of the centre were not doing enough for me so I gave one a more adventurous role and moved the other to help keep possession.

Will definitely try it. Thanks for the effort. :)

edit: So far so good, first away game and already a comfortable victory against Wolves.

I'm glad it's working for you. Knew it would be more solid since it's got an extra DM and I think the attacking is slightly better too.

Xenon i have used all your tactics but this one is the best for this patch 12.1.1 . I am playing with inter sneijder amc forlan striker its absolutely stunning , untill january i have 1 defeat ( unlucky game) and 1 draw, forlan has 31 goals in 24 games and the dutch 15 assists and 5 goals...... just amazing. The best tactic, and i ve used all of them koflok and others . It s very balanced and kinda cheat:d, thank you for your effort to create such a great tactic.

This tactic obviously suits Inter Milan because it's narrow and has no wingers. Glad that you like it! Thanks

Really loving your tactics XeNoN. Busy with work at the moment so have taken to downloading tactics and concentrating on the other aspects of the game i.e. building a decent squad with no money, man management, training etc. I have mainly been on the SI forums, but tactics there are centered around overloading attack and scoring goals. What I first noticed was your defensive tactics which gave me the best defence in the EPL with Fulham! (And narrowly finished 2nd to Man Utd). With the 4-2-4 I won EPL, Europa League, FA cup & Carling Cup in my first season! - only signed Doumbia. However, as a set these two tactics are the best yet when used as a set.

Thank you XeNoN, a fantastic tactician. And on another note the forums on FM-Base are brillian - very informative and everyone is helpful. I am actually quite a respected poster on the SI forums (under a different name to the one I am here) and this is a much nicer environment.

Thank you very much, appreciated!

XeNoNF50 said:
I'm glad it's working for you. Knew it would be more solid since it's got an extra DM and I think the attacking is slightly better too.

I totally does, im yet to lose a game with this wonderful tactic. Im switching between the two now, using the one from OP to batter weaker opposition at home and the other one for tougher away fixtures. Its very well balanced, solid at the back yet still creative enough to score plenty of goals. Im actually 2nd in the league now, which is absolutely superb. Will post some screenshots once i finish the season.

nice result! which formation did you use for this?

The one with DM.

Wow! Which patch are you on right now btw? Just wondering.

12.1.1 mate

Just finished the season, managed to stay second (City were too strong).

View attachment 214251View attachment 214252 (i started using the second tactic since the wolves game)

Off to a transfer market, time to improve that ****** defense. :)

Great work wiht your tactics Xenon, they are very solid. Any chance you will be making tactic with 3 strikers? A 4-1-2-3 or maybe a 4-2-1-3 with an att mid? I prefer tactics with 3 strikers, so it would be very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

I have just finished my 2nd season. I am Palace and just finished 7th in the prem. I used this tactic for the last 6 games and only let in 3 goals which pushed me from 12th to 7th, it is a quality tactic.. I need to strengthen a couple of positions for next season though, i have anchahbar as my striker and have just bought fierro aswell, do you think i need a better striker? Who would you recommend as an AMC? I have 12mil to spend.

I have just lost against west brom with chelsea 6:1. Last five matches I haven´t won. Any advices?
Edit: Now I was eliminated in Champions League by Shakhtar Donetsk. So I´m not sure if your tactic is really so good, no offense.

Last edited:
Great work wiht your tactics Xenon, they are very solid. Any chance you will be making tactic with 3 strikers? A 4-1-2-3 or maybe a 4-2-1-3 with an att mid? I prefer tactics with 3 strikers, so it would be very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

I started off with a 4-2-1-3 and the tactic evolved into v1.00 and that evolved in 0.15, funnily enough.

I have just finished my 2nd season. I am Palace and just finished 7th in the prem. I used this tactic for the last 6 games and only let in 3 goals which pushed me from 12th to 7th, it is a quality tactic.. I need to strengthen a couple of positions for next season though, i have anchahbar as my striker and have just bought fierro aswell, do you think i need a better striker? Who would you recommend as an AMC? I have 12mil to spend.
Nice. I don't know bout signings sorry.

Nice. I don't know bout signings sorry.

Cool, no worries.

Thought id update you, trying out v0.15, still in pre season of the 3rd season and going through Euro cup qualifiers. Played 10 games, scored 31 and only conceded 3! 2 of these were in a 2-2 draw against portsmouth when I played all my youth and new signings due to Euro qualifier 2 days later. Absolutely love this tactic. Having over 15 shots a game with at least 4 ccc's and more than 65% posession. 2 of the games the opposition hasnt had a single shot! Will def continue using this in the coming season.