Could you show me your normal starting line up please?

I just play whoever!

Cech
Ivanovic, Terry, Luis, Cole
Lampard, Ramires
Meireles, Malouda, Kalou
Torres

That works I suppose?

As for teams to use, any that doesn't rely on actual wingers I suppose. A lot of Italian teams, some national teams, Spain, Barcelona. You have to pick a tactic to suit your team not the other way round!

not done this in a while, but Will test this myself now, being in scotland ive been without power for 20 hours as the hurricane passed over, Was really looking forward to playing fm today, so i may just play it now :)

PS it looks good, looking forward to seeing what i can change myself to make it better, Will report back later on today, if im lucky enough to still have power.

Top tactic Xenon!!
It gives you allot of posession which is neccesary to dominate.
I play with Fc.Twente, its going good. Halfway through season.
Leading by 9 points in championship (no loss, only 3draws) and 2nd in Champions League group with Real Madrid, Arsenal and BATE.
though sometimes both my mc's play backwards allot while player is free in front?? Why?
Also my AMC's shoot at goal too much, think through passes would be something to give more goals?
plz advice what can be done!
thanks!

Top tactic Xenon!!
It gives you allot of posession which is neccesary to dominate.
I play with Fc.Twente, its going good. Halfway through season.
Leading by 9 points in championship (no loss, only 3draws) and 2nd in Champions League group with Real Madrid, Arsenal and BATE.
though sometimes both my mc's play backwards allot while player is free in front?? Why?
Also my AMC's shoot at goal too much, think through passes would be something to give more goals?
plz advice what can be done!
thanks!

Thanks, well they like to put pressure on the opposition so to do that they need to pick the right passes. I've got the tactic so that they pass quite a lot so everyone gets more touches of the ball so they get more chances to put someone through on goal. I wouldn't advise changing anything since these exact settings are the only ones that I got to actually work effectively.

Ok! Understood bThough dont you think sometimes it's too crowded with too much people around the box?It seems that there is no room for the ball to get through to the striker because of all the AMC's with their defenders are in the way! :)

Im 11 games into the season with Swansea and so far my team plays some excellent football at home, but struggles in the away games. Any ideas on how to improve it?

Last edited:
Xenon What training do you use? You have dunc or someone traning or maybe you do it yourself?

Ok! Understood bThough dont you think sometimes it's too crowded with too much people around the box?It seems that there is no room for the ball to get through to the striker because of all the AMC's with their defenders are in the way! :)

Yeah I think this may be the fault of the formation. I'm working on another formation, very unorthodox but I've beaten Inter Milan 7-1 with it and I drew 0-0 with Man City but created 4 clear cut chances and gave away 0 clear cut chances so I was unlucky not to win. It seems great though.

This is the formation I'm using, think I've more or less cracked it though lol.

chelseatacticsoverview3.png

Im 11 games into the season with Swansea and so far my team plays some excellent football at home, but struggles in the away games. Any ideas on how to improve it?

I don't know to be honest. Try this: 4-1-2-2-1 Narrow v0.15 (Chelsea, Apr 2012).tac it's the tactic from 2 posts ago, another defensive midfielder to control the game and so the 2nd attacking midfielder is more effective than the tactic in this thread because he gets more of the ball so can take more risks.

Will definitely try it. Thanks for the effort. :)

edit: So far so good, first away game and already a comfortable victory against Wolves.

Last edited:
Xenon i have used all your tactics but this one is the best for this patch 12.1.1 . I am playing with inter sneijder amc forlan striker its absolutely stunning , untill january i have 1 defeat ( unlucky game) and 1 draw, forlan has 31 goals in 24 games and the dutch 15 assists and 5 goals...... just amazing. The best tactic, and i ve used all of them koflok and others . It s very balanced and kinda cheat:d, thank you for your effort to create such a great tactic.

xenon, what is the 4-2-1-3 that i look in your screenshoot??? (H)

I don't know to be honest. Try this: 4-1-2-2-1 Narrow v0.15 (Chelsea, Apr 2012).tac it's the tactic from 2 posts ago, another defensive midfielder to control the game and so the 2nd attacking midfielder is more effective than the tactic in this thread because he gets more of the ball so can take more risks.

Really loving your tactics XeNoN. Busy with work at the moment so have taken to downloading tactics and concentrating on the other aspects of the game i.e. building a decent squad with no money, man management, training etc. I have mainly been on the SI forums, but tactics there are centered around overloading attack and scoring goals. What I first noticed was your defensive tactics which gave me the best defence in the EPL with Fulham! (And narrowly finished 2nd to Man Utd). With the 4-2-4 I won EPL, Europa League, FA cup & Carling Cup in my first season! - only signed Doumbia. However, as a set these two tactics are the best yet when used as a set.

Thank you XeNoN, a fantastic tactician. And on another note the forums on FM-Base are brillian - very informative and everyone is helpful. I am actually quite a respected poster on the SI forums (under a different name to the one I am here) and this is a much nicer environment.

hi trying the tactics know just wondering what the player roles or in the team i know it made using classic just wondering what role the players pla in both tactics