XML Parsing Error Solution

Hi, i get a different error on running the game -cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system- not sure what to try first any ideas welcome

your graphics card/processors arent of a high enough spec to run the game?

save game problem

can anybody help,have rename the save game outside the game,when i try to load it in the game there are not displayed

XML Parsing Error

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
Right-click on the FM shortcut.
Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Other XML Errors

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors
I don't have a fm.exe. I am using Vista and have had XML Parsing errors for a while now but my last error was something to do with "last saved game". Now I can't play that game. Really annoying. And since i can't find this fm.exe thing I can't try your tips!!

Hey i have "The game could not be loaded". After I edit with FMRTE

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I can load other games, but this still cannot load :'(

XML Parsing Error

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
Right-click on the FM shortcut.
Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Other XML Errors

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

This is all well and good, But when i change the shortcut like it says my game plays but only with the standard settings selected but then when im in game and change my settings BACK to how i want them the parsing error comes back!
So that don't work for me.

The other sugestion does the same changes the settings so i can play the game but does not alow me to persnalise any settings!
This is real realy ******* me off as i have paid good money for this pc game and have not been able to play it, since i put some graphics,logos in there FM2009 no problems. I have tried a fresh install and nothing, still get it!

Not wel informed config xml line 24 or something with a load of data below this! :':)'(
HELP.........

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:28 PM ----------

Sorted it it did not like the Dutch logos!!!!

Runtime Error

Program files/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2010/fm.exe
this application has requested blablabla this is becoming a joke for paying nearly E40
whats going on with si brining out games that aren't finished

OK, i fix the XML Parsing Error with this instuctions, now i can start new game, but i still cant load my saved game. It says 'the saved game could not be loaded' and im not going to play it from beginig. Is there anything to do with saved game? Please help.

i got a message saying xml parsing error cannot load 1st line of something nd i cnt evan create a new game re installed it 5 times nd tha lot

hi sean - right, got into second season, no problems, then i get xml problem hit me. So i do the jobby on microsoft, still not working. So i remove fm09 and re-install. Problem being is, it only allowed me to remove the game from steam, it would not remove the windows game or shortcuts.

Anyway, i created a new user on my laptop and installed it on that account and its working sweet. Im worried though, will this happen in the 2nd season of my new game? How do i prevent it? Im running the updated database.

Any help greatly appreciated.

maybe its the database

I have downloaded all the latest files, tryed all the things in the properties bit and it says its not a valid path or something! Really dont know what to do any help! Ive even deleted current shortcut and got the orignal one like you says to ?

I recently got XML Parsing Error and this is on FM 2010, the game on my main PC has the problem yet because i use steam the game work fine on my laptop? I am worried that the problem will appear on ma laptop so I have tried to fix but with no luck, any ideas? I am currently re in-stalling the game but steam being steam its taking hours!! Thanks :)

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml
whats going on?? please help

brett

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml
whats going on?? please help

brett

Tried everything suggested in the first post but no luck.....

WARNING: Attempted to create widget in invalid column

Is the message I get when I try to view the 2012/2013 EURO Cup Draw. I click ok about 20-30 times then the draw comes back but then comes up witht the message again.

Any Help????

i am currently playin fm2010 but i currently have an xml parsing error it says not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml cheers

Does anyone know how to unhide Football Manager in your document?

heyyy sean know you got a lotta questions on this but i cant find the settings file or the xml.exe file in gm 2010 and ive even unhidden all folders using the control panel. I still get the not well formed (invlaid token) at line 1 error :/ ive restarted the game and everything but it keeps coming up with the error? Is there anyone that can help me?