Is anyone having problems with defending? I concede far too many goals, i've played 19 games conceded 38 goals, im still winning but its quite annonying.

Those tactics are comparatively and mutually balanced both side. On our network game and on my carrer mode we lose a little goals. 38 goals conceded it's far to much - you have to strengthen your defence as your defenders are making to many mistakes. There is no magic tactic on FM17 in defence if you have weak defenders. You have to focus on strengthening your defence line on your upcoming transfer window.

Is anyone having problems with defending? I concede far too many goals, i've played 19 games conceded 38 goals, im still winning but its quite annonying.

Gonna have to agree with this. The defence is awful on v3. Shipped 40 goals in 25 games so far this season with Everton. Previous versions seemed a lot more solid.

Last edited:
Gonna have to agree with this. The defence is awful on v3. Shipped 40 goals in 25 games so far this season with Everton. Previous versions seemed a lot more solid.

I'm nearly halfway into my new season with Liverpool and I'm struggling with defence aswell. The only change I made to my first team is Bazoer for Kevin de Bruyne (Bazoer really wanted to go to PSG and I managed to swap him for KdB, who played there). In defence there have been no changes, but so far I've conceded 26 goals in the league (17 games, scored 45 though) and 7 in the Champions League.

The Olympics did bother me though, because 4 of my first 11 players were playing there and they came back tired and needed a rest. Considering my fixtures I couldn't risk not playing them so I did play them but not always for the full 90 min. Maybe that has something to do with it, although I only started losing points after the first month or so (see attached files).

View attachment 108504View attachment 108503View attachment 108505

What I also experienced is that when I used the 3.1 D tactic (I normally use 3.1 H for home and 3.1 A for away) in games against tough opponents (say Man Utd, Arsenal, etc), that I concede a goal in the first 5 minutes. Happened a few times now; it may be a coincidence, but I figured I'd post it here. After the game, which I end up losing mostly, I then get an e-mail saying a tactical blunder caused the defeat because I started with a diff. tactic than the one that turned out to be succesful in recent games (4-1-2-3 instead of 4-2-3-1).

Absolutely loving this tactic! currently using the latest version 3.1 H/A with Manchester United!

My Team current season 2019/2020
View attachment 107837

Current Results
View attachment 107834

Current league table

View attachment 107836

Player stats
View attachment 107835

So yeah xPer in my honest opinion is by far the best tactic maker and i've stayed loyal to his tactic and they are making fm17 so enjoyable to me! any tips please ask!

Last edited:
Absolutely loving this tactic! currently using the latest version 3.1 H/A with Manchester United!

My Team current season 2019/2020
View attachment 1100686

Current Results
View attachment 1100689

Current league table

View attachment 1100687

Player stats
View attachment 1100688

So yeah xPer in my honest opinion is by far the best tactic maker and i've stayed loyal to his tactic and they are making fm17 so enjoyable to me! any tips please ask!
Do you only use one tactic or do you use 2 or 3 ?:) and do you think will work with southampton?

Last edited:
Sorry ManUnited20 for some reason it wont let me use the space bar if i quote you haha anyway yeah i literally just use home tactic for home games and away tactic for aways games. Yeah i currently have hojberg as my back up player to the more attacking position that andre horta currently holds so try everything to keep him. they also have very technically gifted players as in control wise and passing. I don't know if this is just me but i literally leave team training on team cohesion all season helps alot imo. So yeah it may take a season or two to learn but buy players to suit the positions and keep your best players (hojberg and van dijk)

Sorry ManUnited20 for some reason it wont let me use the space bar if i quote you haha anyway yeah i literally just use home tactic for home games and away tactic for aways games. Yeah i currently have hojberg as my back up player to the more attacking position that andre horta currently holds so try everything to keep him. they also have very technically gifted players as in control wise and passing. I don't know if this is just me but i literally leave team training on team cohesion all season helps alot imo. So yeah it may take a season or two to learn but buy players to suit the positions and keep your best players (hojberg and van dijk)

Press enter once, then backspace, and you can write as usual. :)

Tactics update

Tactics update

1. aWar-v4[H] - home tactic more balanced and effective now

View attachment 107667

changes:
- new players duties and instructions
- Deep Lying Playmaker with defend duty is back in the midfield now
- Attacking Midfielder replaced Advanced Playmaker role

2. aWar-v4[D] - away tactic more balanced and effective now

View attachment 107666

changes:
- Box to Box Midfielder replaced Ball Winning Midfielder role
- Complete Forward replaced False Nine role

Last edited:
YESS! Can't wait to try these I thought version 3 was the best FM17 tactic

Tactics update

View attachment 1100854

changes:

View attachment 1100855

changes:

Tactics update

View attachment 1100854

changes:

View attachment 1100855

changes:

Hello Xper,

so you doesn't use aWar-v3.1 ( A ) any more ?

Hello Xper,

so you doesn't use aWar-v3.1 ( A ) any more ?

Rarely and occasionally only when the situation requires.
For example when we are playing in 10 after red card, Im removing AMC and using A tactic or on away match when we struggle with D tactic. It's good tactic but I was focused on H and D tactic lately for the purposes of updating and testing.
On the end just decide by your self which tactic suit your team best.

For example when we are playing in 10 after red card, Im removing AMC and using A tactic or on away match when we struggle with D tactic. It's good tactic but I was focused on H and D tactic lately for the purposes of updating and testing.

So its safe to say that you can use the 4(H) for both Home and Away games?

Been loving your 3.1 tactics, given me 3 promotions in 3 years, 2 EFL Cups, 2 Checkatrade Cups and 1 Europa League in 3 years aswell with Portsmouth!

Thanks,

and probably one of the best tactics for fm17 congrats

So its safe to say that you can use the 4(H) for both Home and Away games?

Been loving your 3.1 tactics, given me 3 promotions in 3 years, 2 EFL Cups, 2 Checkatrade Cups and 1 Europa League in 3 years aswell with Portsmouth!

If your team is strong and you are on winning streak then yea you can use only v4[H]. However using D/A at away matches is much more reasonable ;)

If your team is strong and you are on winning streak then yea you can use only v4[H]. However using D/A at away matches is much more reasonable ;)

Would you suggest 4 Defensive or 3.1 Away, for away matches?