Thanks for the reply! Morale wise I'm doing quite OK most of the time, they're pretty much all the time Superb or Good/Very good. They've only dropped lower than that due to a ****** run, but then I use the team talk to boost it.

The tactic familiarity may be one of the "problems" then, as it's not 100% anymore. It dropped when I started a new season, although I only brought in like 1 player that actually starts (2-3 more for the bench tho). Is there anything I can do to improve this faster than it normally does? I do feel that later on in the season I have better results, it's early on / midway that I lose points.

Arrange as many as its possible friendly matches in preseason and play them by yourself (not with assistant). Rotate your players and use all of them on your friendly games. 9-10 friendly matches at minimum. Let your first team players play on U-21 matches by 45 minutes on preseason. Set your team training like on OP (1 post). Never buy more then 4 players to first squad. After 2 seasons your tactic familarity will drop very little and on 3rd and next season you will need 5-6 friendly matches to get 100% tactics familarity if you will not change the tactics.

Haven't got playing as much in the last week or so as I would like but still going strong! V3 is just destroying teams at home and the V3d tactic has been fantastic on the road.

Managed to unsettle Bellerin in the summer, Wenger left and he want a new contract so I swooped in, and he has become the 1st name on the teamsheet at RB. Thinking about a long term replacement for Shaw at LB though, even with a minimal training schedule he always seems to be tired and getting injured, he's just too unreliable! Might try for Danny Rose, could use him to help with Lato and Borthwick-Jacksons development.

Annoyingly just lost my first league match too, 55 unbeaten then a flukey loss at home to Spurs thanks to Hugo Lloris having a career game and making 21 saves....the FM rage was strong that day!!

Used v3.1 for 4 years in swedish lower divisions, first 2 seasons (media prediction 14th-worst) battled for relegation but could not escape it. Last 2 seasons tried with another team (media prediction 3th or 4th) finished as runner-up consecutively. Played in promotion playoffs but could not make it.

Really solid tactic overall, but you really need to have the right players to get the most out of it. I can also state that the tactics may not be well suited for lower division (part-time, low CA) clubs.

Eventually switched to another tactic, but xPer thanks for your contribution and letting me enjoy the game for quite a while :)

its a best tactic ever for me, im very happy :D

but in transfer window i want to develop my player, have you player filter for this tactic?

Arrange as many as its possible friendly matches in preseason and play them by yourself (not with assistant). Rotate your players and use all of them on your friendly games. 9-10 friendly matches at minimum. Let your first team players play on U-21 matches by 45 minutes on preseason. Set your team training like on OP (1 post). Never buy more then 4 players to first squad. After 2 seasons your tactic familarity will drop very little and on 3rd and next season you will need 5-6 friendly matches to get 100% tactics familarity if you will not change the tactics.

Small update after playing a few hours last night: I changed match preparation to "match tactics" in order to get the tactics 100% fluid. That was done pretty quick, a week or 2-4 I'd say. I played maybe 15-20 games and won all of them, apart from one unlucky draw home against Middelsbrough (0-0, didn't finish my chances), one loss against Arsenal at home (network player, again didn't finish my chances. He was 0-3 up, managed to get back to 2-3) and one away loss against Swansea. In this game I tried the 3.1 H tactic away because Swansea were 17th and I figured I could possibly beat them with a attacking formation. Well, that played out differently and lost 3-1 or 4-1. Maybe I should've used the 3.1 A tactic because that was working pretty well.

I guess not finishing chances is just unlucky? I do try to use the team talks during the game to improve things, but sometimes I don't know which to use when I'm down. Demand more or concentrate is what I usually use (saw them in your first post).

All in all, good results yesterday and a bit unlucky at times. I do have to add that there weren't that many hard games in my fixture list, but we'll see how it goes.

Milan first season which tactic can I use? Home and away thanks

its a best tactic ever for me, im very happy :D

but in transfer window i want to develop my player, have you player filter for this tactic?

I don't have player filters for these tactics. I don't need them. Just use your scouting.

I guess not finishing chances is just unlucky? I do try to use the team talks during the game to improve things, but sometimes I don't know which to use when I'm down. Demand more or concentrate is what I usually use (saw them in your first post).

How To Use FM 2015 Touchline Team Talks • FM StoriesFM Stories
Concentrate only at the end of 1 and 2 half to protect the score. Encourage, Demand more and Get creative if they fail to score.

Milan first season which tactic can I use? Home and away thanks

That's correct buddy. You can use Home and Away :D

Thanks! One more question about your tactic: how important is it that say a left central defender has "Left" as his preferred foot? Or does that not really matter much?

I believe that for central defenders preferred foot is not so important. However if he has better left foot you might want to play him on left-central position. Preferred foot is very important for fullbacks (left defender with left foot and vice versa) and wingers (right foot for left Inside Forward and left foot for left Winger / left foot for right Inside Forward and right foot for right Winger).

Hello mate. Not sure if you've already answered this but I'm at work and can't read through all the threads. Can you change the role of the striker at any point? Also can you change one inside forward or both to wingers? Cheers dude

Hello mate. Not sure if you've already answered this but I'm at work and can't read through all the threads. Can you change the role of the striker at any point? Also can you change one inside forward or both to wingers? Cheers dude

That will brake the whole concept of this tactic. However it's your game do what you want to do ;)

Back into FM after taking a year out, xPer, your tactics was the best i used before taking a year off, am i best going straight into using your v3 tactics and following the instructions on the op?

Cheers
Wes

how is possible the stuff to be key when u make the team talk ? lul

because they make the tactics learn quicker, they sort injured players quicker and they give you better advice.

not once did I say the staff give my team talks.

I said also "I USE"

only assistant manager can give team talks.. not all staff as you suggest..

Last edited:
Back into FM after taking a year out, xPer, your tactics was the best i used before taking a year off, am i best going straight into using your v3 tactics and following the instructions on the op?

Cheers
Wes

Hi Wes,

Yes v3.1H at home and 3.1D/A away. Just follow OP and should be fine :)
Good luck!

xPer

Well, my Liverpool season ended and I'm pretty happy with the way it went. Bit unlucky at times and had to fit a few new players in (Stones in january for example), which weren't always registered. Got knocked out of the Euro League right after the group stage in a unlucky run and lost in the FA Cup Semi Final. Did win the Community Shield and EFL Cup though.

Anyway, here is the league table and my squad. I brought in Zivkovic at the start of the season because I wasn't happy with the way Ounas was performing, but I didn't get a work permit until January and Ounas was playing pretty well at that stage >_>

View attachment 109651View attachment 109650

Arsenal is a network player btw.

Last edited:
Is anyone having problems with defending? I concede far too many goals, i've played 19 games conceded 38 goals, im still winning but its quite annonying.

Is anyone having problems with defending? I concede far too many goals, i've played 19 games conceded 38 goals, im still winning but its quite annonying.

In my previous seasons with Liverpool I conceded (alot) more goals than the 41 I conceded in the last season (see my previous post). I didn't do anything to improve it other than get better players. My RB and right CB improved and I bought a better left CB and LB.