Young on verge of Man Utd switch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 5K
Surely they won't get rid of Nani or Valencia? That would be crazy.

Maybe Young will play in the middle?

17 mil, 15 or so of which will go to us, qualitaayyy.

You'll be missed, Ash. I hope you take the traditional route of Villa old boys and leave before playing ***** and realising you should never have left. :wub:

17 mil, 15 or so of which will go to us, qualitaayyy.

You'll be missed, Ash. I hope you take the traditional route of Villa old boys and leave before playing ***** and realising you should never have left. :wub:

If I'm not wrong last Villa player we signed went on to become ManUtd legend.. Formed amazing partnership with Cole.. Hopefully he follows that route..

If I'm not wrong last Villa player we signed went on to become ManUtd legend.. Formed amazing partnership with Cole.. Hopefully he follows that route..

Yes, well noted, but I refer to the majority who tend to leave to 'further their career' and end up being *****.

Wasn't being serious anyway, still love him. I'm sure he'll do well.

Yes, well noted, but I refer to the majority who tend to leave to 'further their career' and end up being *****.

Wasn't being serious anyway, still love him. I'm sure he'll do well.

Lol i just posted as i remembered that. Skimmed through Villa forum and looks majority are not holding anything against him and wishing him well. Very much impressed with that. Loved few posts saying :I would have been gutted had he moved to Liverpool or City but dont have problem with him moving to United"

Lol i just posted as i remembered that. Skimmed through Villa forum and looks majority are not holding anything against him and wishing him well. Very much impressed with that. Loved few posts saying :I would have been gutted had he moved to Liverpool or City but dont have problem with him moving to United"

Haha, we're a fair enough bunch if you don't screw us over, us Villa fans. Young was right to choose United, because he wanted to play CL football, and he wouldn't get into City's team at all. It's the mistake Barry and Milner made, and the reason why there was so much anger directed at the former in particular: they said they wanted to leave for CL football and then left for, uh, City.

Surely they won't get rid of Nani or Valencia? That would be crazy.

Maybe Young will play in the middle?

Playing in the middle would mean dropping Rooney, which is crazier.

If you mean central midfield, well that would be an entirely new role for Young.

Pleased we never signed young, I presume he'll do well for United though.

Big question is where will he play?? Out wide or through the middle and will this spell the end for Nani??

Big question is where will he play?? Out wide or through the middle and will this spell the end for Nani??

I doubt it Jacko, Nani has always turned in great seasons for United and he is very talented, still dont see where Young will fit in unless you drop Valencia or Nani to the bench which they both do not deserve, both are quality...

I doubt it Jacko, Nani has always turned in great seasons for United and he is very talented, still dont see where Young will fit in unless you drop Valencia or Nani to the bench which they both do not deserve, both are quality...

Squad game. Simple. We have Nani, Young, Valencia, Park as wingers. Young will get many games as LW as thats the area we had few problems, and Nani will play on both wings and Valencia will be first choice RW.

I dont see problem with having 4 wingers in the squad..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

According to ESPN Radio, the Glazers have informed the NYSE that the fee for Young is $16m-£11m

£17M for a player with a year on his contract. Hmm. That can't be right - especially with his rumoured wage as well..

On the whole 'where will he fit in?' debate. Here are some stats that should help to show where he will fit into the squad:

Appearances:
Nani - 42(7)
Valencia - 15(5)
Park - 25(3)
(Giggs - 28(11))

Man Utd lineups for big games:

28/05 v Barcelona - Park & Valencia
08/05 v Chelsea - Park & Valencia
04/05 v Schalke - Nani & Valencia
01/05 v Arsenal - Park & Nani
26/04 v Schalke - Park & Valencia
16/04 v Man City - Park, Valencia & Nani
12/04 v Chelsea - Park & Nani
06/04 v Chelsea - Park & Valencia
15/03 v Marseille - Nani (& Giggs)
12/03 v Arsenal - (Fabio & Rafael)
06/03 v Liverpool - Nani (& Giggs)
01/03 v Chelsea - Nani (& Rooney)
23/02 v Marseille - Nani (& Rooney)
12/02 v Man City - Nani (& Giggs)
16/01 - v Spurs - Nani (& Giggs)
09/01 v Liverpool - Nani (& Giggs)
13/12 v Arsenal - Nani & Park
07/12 v Valencia - Nani & Park
24/11 v Rangers - Nani (& Giggs)
10/11 v Man City - Nani & Park
02/11 v Bursaspor - Nani (& Obertan)
30/10 v Spurs - Nani & Park
20/10 v Bursaspor - Nani & Park
29/09 v Valencia - Nani & Park
19/09 v Liverpool - Nani (& Giggs)
14/09 v Rangers - Park & Valencia
08/08 v Chelsea - Park & Valencia

The two wide players selected for the big games, along with the appearances as a whole, show that United don't have a set starting line up, often rotating for certain scenarios, injuries etc. As I have said countless times, Young will be a squad player in the same way that Nani/Park/Valencia are and should get roughly equal playing time. Giggs will have less of a role this season, and I don't expect him to play wide on any occasion now.

I have said it so many times what FBP posted.. We dont have fixed starting line up. We have a squad where many are good enough to start hence we have good depth in squad. Only players who are guaranteed to start are/were VDS, Vidic, Rio(Whenever fit), Evra, Rooney.

I think the figure you posted is closer otherwise Watford wouldn't be talking about getting 15% of any deal.

According to Google, it's between £9-13M which is still a super amount compared to the figures being blown about.

Back