Your weird habits when playing FM

Brilliant thread! :D

Mine are...
Having to check the league table 7-8 times when in a game (drives me mad but can't help it)
Selling a player no matter who it is if he gets sent off 3 times for violent conduct
having big pre season games like Barca and Madrid away so my players get to play in a big stadium and get used to pressure early on
Always having a friendly game against the team i support, away from home so they make money on revenue
if a player has wound me up over something, if he's on a hat trick i'll sub him
if a player misses a penalty more than twice in 1 season he won't ever take one for me again
if a player moans about me not accepting an offer from a certain club, i'll offer him out but make sure he doesn't end up at the club he wanted to join

Sure there's more what i've not even realised i do

Last edited:
GK - 1, GK Back up - 13
from right back to left back - 2,3,4,5
Defensive mid - 6
Overall / BBM mid - 8
Playmaker - 10
RW - 11
LW- 7
Main Striker - 9

i always save no.10 for the most skillfull finisher/ best player of my squad even if its season before i buy one!

specail reserves for me are 7 10 and 1 must be the best in each position and i prefer gk sub to be no 13 i never give outfield players 13 thats a dud no. for outfield players.

if i put myself in game ill be 99 or 69 or 77 lol something easy to recognise / find.

regens i only buy if they look cool or tough or hard no soft pretty girly types! regardless of stats

i love imagining conversations between big managers like jose mourinho or wenger

i always check real league stats BPL and championship in real before scouting my game and seeing if they are any good si is so accurate usually!

if a player moans about me not accepting an offer from a certain club, i'll offer him out but make sure he doesn't end up at the club he wanted to join

Haha, brilliant!

When in loading screen I watch a movie...
I always try to sign C.Ronaldo

Last edited:
From the time it was possible I have ALWAYS Set my subs bench like Gk.wbs.cbs.dms.cms.amcs.widemen.strikers. Can't play a match unless they are set this way. Weird because I don't consider myself to have OCD tendencies.

From the time it was possible I have ALWAYS Set my subs bench like Gk.wbs.cbs.dms.cms.amcs.widemen.strikers. Can't play a match unless they are set this way. Weird because I don't consider myself to have OCD tendencies.

Exactly the same with me, and also, my left MC is Always the more defensive MC. Great thread idea BTW

Haha some quite extravagant ones!

While watching a match I always put the mouse cursor just below the ratings screen in the middle, just to the left of centre. Then I double click when it's in place and do this about 10 times a match.

Can't play games without having my hand on the mouse at all times.
Don't like signing regens with weird names as it feels less realistic.
I like to give every player in my squad a number.

In Press Conferences sometimes I add comments of my own which are pointless.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I always have my first choice keeper as no.1 and back ups are 13 and 25

if it's a crucial match like a cup final i can't watch all the second half i go downstarirs and hope!

The ugly face thing is more a PES/FIFA thing for me but it often happens in FM (Just look at Gabriel Barbosa lol), sometimes the opposite happens, 'He looks cool, I'll buy him' xD

Another thing for me is the regen faces, I remove them every year, they look like ****!

Haha for me its the opposite, first keeper are 25 and the backup goalie gets nr 1, Thanks Reina :p

I love give the numbers to my players. It's like, miedfielder have 1.83 meters of height, i give him the number 83. The striker was born in 89, he is the number 89, lool

Well this is actually new. Sometimes when my team scores an all important goal I go and do a chest pump... with my living room wall. What an idiot.

I am super OCD about kit numbers. I always try and assign classical positional numbers to new signings and youngsters. e.g., an attacking midfielder will always wear #10, the back up AM tends to wear #20.

Exactly this! If I have no shirt numbers available to give a new first team player, I end up giving them 90+ numbers until the new season where I can rearrange :)

The thing with regen faces for me, is when you get a world beating ginger regen. But he never looks like Scholesy, he always looks like Carrot Top or something. Not on my watch.

I always end up signing some anemic looking regen who no doubt turns into a crowd favorite so I can't get rid of him.