Zyndar's Tactic Workshop - 2 or 3 strikers formations

Would love to see a 442 with wingers instead of wide midfielders. Not seen a good one of those since FM13 :(

Nah man tried the 442 original and defensive, conceding goals left and right

Nah man tried the 442 original and defensive, conceding goals left and right
Have you followed all the advice in the OP mate? Training, Team Talks, Keeping morale high, Using the instruction change against certain teams, Buying players to suit the tactic? And Opposition instructions.

Last edited:
TEST LEAGUE

Hi there,

I am sharing with you my test league save game. It is definitely not perfect, but extremely challenging and a quick way to test tactics. You can set up your tactic into all 3 slots, go to holiday (click use current match tactics) until 27th August. Don't forget to set the training afterwards as you see the best. The W and IF means...well guess what ;)

Feel free to add some comments, ideas.

TEST DIVISION by ZYNDAR V2.1

2380040-20161106-GyxBqz.png

2380042-20161106-oWRWXb.png

2380041-20161106-oEVIzJ.png

The 4-4-2 is very very good.
Best tactic on this forum at the moment.

I've just created an underdog test save with Middlesbrough. No CA/PA changes at all.

PREMIER LEAGUE MIDDLESBROUGH TEST V2

The changes are:
  • Apply transfer embargo to all BPL teams
  • Removed all Cup competitions
  • Remove all injuries + set all players' Injury proneness to 1
  • Retire all players in your league from international football
  • Set all players to retire at the end of the season so they won't ask for new contracts
  • All fullbacks can play as wingbacks
  • All central midfielders can play as DM
  • All wide players can play on both sides
Although all injury types were removed from the game, there will be still some, but only 2-4 in the whole league at a time.

Last edited:
Hey Zyndar,

Just to let you know I've been using your 4-3-3 to great success on my conference save with Western Super mare. Almost finished the season, currently sitting in 3rd place for a play off spot (predicted to finish 19th) and through to the Fa final. I'll post some screenshots when I'm on my laptop. I do think that the away version might need some tweaking though.

Anyway, thanks again Zyndar!

Using the 4-4-2 tactics for my NEC save (Netherlands), after 10 games in the Eredivisie I'm in the 2nd place, prediction was 14th, so doing very well with a very bad squad!

Just downloading the game now so will try out these tactics when I start.

Your 4-4-2 tactic on last years game worked wonders for me. Started in the Qatar leagues where I won promotion and every game first season then won the league in the third season before going to Wrexham where I got three successive promotions so I am hoping this years tactics will be as good!

Claymore v2 reminds me more or less to Leicester last year, great job! It's a beauty to watch, even if you are playing with an underdog team.

Hey, should I play with opposite footed wingers in claymore v2?

Hey, should I play with opposite footed wingers in claymore v2?

No, they are wingers :) Opposite footed players should have at least fairly strong rating on weaker foot.

No, they are wingers :) Opposite footed players should have at least fairly strong rating on weaker foot.

thanks for the immediate answer. :) currently trying with bournemouth, will let you guys know how it works.

Where can i check it? Am i blind or something because i cant see OP? :/