• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye we went on the pitch, where did the chairs come from?
Why would you have heard, was you there?! If you didn't sit in the North Stand, or the Doug Ellis you wouldn't of. I was there, like i am every year, came out the ground, to it kicking off with Villa fans running at coppers, then a "CLARET/PINK" smoke bomb was thrown at the Blues fans, it was 3 feet from me, so you can accuse me of lying if you like, but your wrong lol.
We always call it Vile park, because if you haven' realized that is an unaffectionate nickname that we call you... where have you been??? oO)
And ye we sing that at Agbonlahore because he always scores past us, wouldn't you hate him!
Far from 8 years old, Im more than likely far older than yourself.
How old are you exactly, you said you go to college, so you probably go with a bunch of immature kids that know absolutely **** all about the "Zulu's" and pretend they know what their talking about... what college do you go to exactly?

I thought i'd of heard about it because I live in Birmingham and would of heard it on the news, it would of definitely been a bigger talking point that the match tbh, i'm not saying it didn't happen i'm just suprised it wasn't reported on the news.
I've literally never heard the nickname in my life (and I live with a Blues fan who seems to only own books relating to football hooliganism, fun life, I know :| ) I just think it's a bit pathetic really, especially comparing Villa Park and it's beauty to St Andrews :P
I go Cadbury College and i'm 18 in 2 months. It's not just kids I hear about Zulus from, it's older blokes who actually experienced it, who always talk about the "old days" and what have you. Kids at college talk about it cus they like to hype themselves but I never take them too seriously really.

whats the betting that if we don't get the world cup, it will be blamed on this incident rather than panorama or the sunday times investigation or any other number of factors??

its just easier to make scapegoats of fans of an 'unfashionable' club

whats the betting that if we don't get the world cup, it will be blamed on this incident rather than panorama or the sunday times investigation or any other number of factors??

its just easier to make scapegoats of fans of an 'unfashionable' club

I wouldn't blame tonight for it in the slightest, Panorama would take the brunt of my blame, and it was Villa tonight too, we started throwing seats, ****** idiots.

This, if anything, would be the icing on the cake

I thought i'd of heard about it because I live in Birmingham and would of heard it on the news, it would of definitely been a bigger talking point that the match tbh,.

maybe our local media did a better job than sky sports and not reporting that stupid hooligan minority that call themselves 'fans'.

I thought i'd of heard about it because I live in Birmingham and would of heard it on the news, it would of definitely been a bigger talking point that the match tbh, i'm not saying it didn't happen i'm just suprised it wasn't reported on the news.
I've literally never heard the nickname in my life (and I live with a Blues fan who seems to only own books relating to football hooliganism, fun life, I know :| ) I just think it's a bit pathetic really, especially comparing Villa Park and it's beauty to St Andrews :P
I go Cadbury College and i'm 18 in 2 months. It's not just kids I hear about Zulus from, it's older blokes who actually experienced it, who always talk about the "old days" and what have you. Kids at college talk about it cus they like to hype themselves but I never take them too seriously really.

i live in brum and i never heard about it i saw it! every derby between us, it happens believe me, im not exaggerating when i say i go to nearly every game, i see it every time, against the wolves is the same.
the media usually decide now to keep it out of the public eye, there is an incident at every game, trust me.
lovely lol they have just showed the villa fan throwing the flair... i rest my case for equality of idiots, ours are just historically more famous.
well ok amongst blues fans you are called the vile, remember that for the future, its stupid ye but thats rivalry lol. what else have we got, a full trophy cabinet? lol
well i would love to see them in actually fight, they would have a nice brown patch appear in the **** of their trousers!!
i have been unlucky enough to get caught in it more than once, being unavoidable, iv had to go to hospital on one occasion due to a glass bottle over my head :'(
of course the old guys are going to be proud of it, thats what football was all about back then, going away from home, you needed balls lol. not a something im proud to say but my dad was an original apex of blues, the stories are shocking...
all i can say to you mate is, fair play for being gracious in defeat, just accepting the fact shows your not an idiot! i have had to do it for long enough now!!
dont listen to any of those idiots at your college, they seriously know nothing about any of it, and the Zulu book by Caroline Gall i think... that was made, is full of absolute *****!
hardly any truth in it at all...

Pretty happy with the draw, hopefully the players find motivation against Championship opposition though, complacency would not be good.

Though to be honest I'm not bothered if we win or not, it's the Mickey Mouse cup. Though if the Carling Cup successfully keeps players satisfied because they've won 'Silverware' then hopefully we ****** go for it.

i live in brum and i never heard about it i saw it! every derby between us, it happens believe me, im not exaggerating when i say i go to nearly every game, i see it every time, against the wolves is the same.
the media usually decide now to keep it out of the public eye, there is an incident at every game, trust me.
lovely lol they have just showed the villa fan throwing the flair... i rest my case for equality of idiots, ours are just historically more famous.
well ok amongst blues fans you are called the vile, remember that for the future, its stupid ye but thats rivalry lol. what else have we got, a full trophy cabinet? lol
well i would love to see them in actually fight, they would have a nice brown patch appear in the **** of their trousers!!
i have been unlucky enough to get caught in it more than once, being unavoidable, iv had to go to hospital on one occasion due to a glass bottle over my head :'(
of course the old guys are going to be proud of it, thats what football was all about back then, going away from home, you needed balls lol. not a something im proud to say but my dad was an original apex of blues, the stories are shocking...
all i can say to you mate is, fair play for being gracious in defeat, just accepting the fact shows your not an idiot! i have had to do it for long enough now!!
dont listen to any of those idiots at your college, they seriously know nothing about any of it, and the Zulu book by Caroline Gall i think... that was made, is full of absolute *****!
hardly any truth in it at all...

Well you learn something new everyday lol, stereotypes ay'.
All i've got to fall back on is history and in my lifetime I don't think i've ever seen Villa lift a trophy so I feel your pain, I can't exactly be proud of the team I didn't know existed.
I can't argue the result, Houllier's negative football is not attractive to watch, it's like watching a League 2 Arsenal play. I want Martin O'Neill back :( but with a full squad and with a bit more luck it may have been a different result on a different day.

Pretty happy with the draw, hopefully the players find motivation against Championship opposition though, complacency would not be good.

Though to be honest I'm not bothered if we win or not, it's the Mickey Mouse cup. Though if the Carling Cup successfully keeps players satisfied because they've won 'Silverware' then hopefully we ****** go for it.

Why not? Its a cup I want Arsenal to win EVERY cup they enter

dont call it that mate... you'll kill the buzz :(

but ye i totally understand your reasoning... surely you should beat ipswich, but i suppose it is the cup...

your name is basically on the cup, and thats said from someone who's still in it <)

I used to think this, but changed my mindset when we started to go for it. When we played pure youth, I didn't rate the competition, but, if Wenger thinks that it is worth going for and winning, I am backing the team, and would be delighted to get that first trophy in 6 years!

Up the Gooners!

Well you learn something new everyday lol, stereotypes ay'.
All i've got to fall back on is history and in my lifetime I don't think i've ever seen Villa lift a trophy so I feel your pain, I can't exactly be proud of the team I didn't know existed.
I can't argue the result, Houllier's negative football is not attractive to watch, it's like watching a League 2 Arsenal play. I want Martin O'Neill back :( but with a full squad and with a bit more luck it may have been a different result on a different day.

Ye please dont tar us all like that, its far from the truth!
my fingers are cramped up from typing now, but it was worth it if you learnt something XD
ye the midlands teams need to start winning things, we really are a sorry region success wise over my life time...
i dont think you can call your football negative, i thought you controlled most of the game, just struggled to create chances,
we created a few chances but couldnt finish our dinner! but other than that not really a good performance, just battled against a young villa side, who did well tbf to them on an occasion like that.

Seriously guys what the ****. It's both sets of supporters faults, from what I can see. Yes, Brum fans started it, but Villa fans responded in an equally ugly way.

Birmingham fans are far from a disgrace to English football: from the ones I've met, they're all good-natured and up for a bit of banter. They're supporters of a reasonably big club from the Championship that have been promoted and in two years developed themselves into a major force in the Premiership, and they're ecstatic about it. Good on them, they deserve it, and they're passionate fans. Those of you who still live in Birmingham (unlike myself) are lucky, as at least twice every year Brum and Villa play a match which is filled with passion and desire. We're lucky to have a rivalry like this, just as we're lucky to be so passionate about our clubs. Occasionally, this passion spills over a bit, but I would far, far rather a display like this than a dull, passionless derby.

In conclusion: This is silly, well done Brum, stop being mad at each other plzkthxbai

Also:

I can't argue the result, Houllier's negative football is not attractive to watch, it's like watching a League 2 Arsenal play. I want Martin O'Neill back

I lol'ed.

Why not? Its a cup I want Arsenal to win EVERY cup they enter

That's been my opinion of the Carling Cup for a long time, changing my view now because we look like we can win it would be hypocritical.

The reason I barely consider it a good cup to win is because most teams do not play their strongest XI, it's not massively competitive because of this. Yet, as you say, Arsenal winning a trophy is sexy.

dont call it that mate... you'll kill the buzz :(

but ye i totally understand your reasoning... surely you should beat ipswich, but i suppose it is the cup...

your name is basically on the cup, and thats said from someone who's still in it <)

Ha, it's far from over, either West Ham or Brum can provide a stern test, assuming we do get to the final.

Seriously guys what the ****. It's both sets of supporters faults, from what I can see. Yes, Brum fans started it, but Villa fans responded in an equally ugly way.

Birmingham fans are far from a disgrace to English football: from the ones I've met, they're all good-natured and up for a bit of banter. They're supporters of a reasonably big club from the Championship that have been promoted and in two years developed themselves into a major force in the Premiership, and they're ecstatic about it. Good on them, they deserve it, and they're passionate fans. Those of you who still live in Birmingham (unlike myself) are lucky, as at least twice every year Brum and Villa play a match which is filled with passion and desire. We're lucky to have a rivalry like this, just as we're lucky to be so passionate about our clubs. Occasionally, this passion spills over a bit, but I would far, far rather a display like this than a dull, passionless derby.

In conclusion: This is silly, well done Brum, stop being mad at each other plzkthxbai

Also:

I lol'ed.

Mate i LOVE you :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I was their kicking off

villa *****

mate, not what we need on this thread...

iv just been typing away convincing those who aren't enlightened as much to our derby etc as us locals to why we haven't just lost the world cup bid, why it wasn't just us,

and why were not all like that.

wasted... XD

Ye please dont tar us all like that, its far from the truth!
my fingers are cramped up from typing now, but it was worth it if you learnt something XD
ye the midlands teams need to start winning things, we really are a sorry region success wise over my life time...
i dont think you can call your football negative, i thought you controlled most of the game, just struggled to create chances,
we created a few chances but couldnt finish our dinner! but other than that not really a good performance, just battled against a young villa side, who did well tbf to them on an occasion like that.

Lol well maybe it's just me but I dislike watching us control a game yet only carve out maybe 5 half decent openings, and our defence is sorry this season, I don't know what has happened to Dunne and Collins but since the summer they seem surprised to see each other on the same pitch.
Looking forward to Albrighton and... Dare I say it... Heskey coming back.
Anyway that's the end of my night, now to prepare for the fresh torture of tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back