• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My (Arsenal-supporting) friend is claiming that "the defence was quite good, centrally anyway".

I really don't think it's worth the trouble disabusing him. He really is a complete moron sometimes...

Would love to see Ipswich vs West Ham at Wembley with Ipswich winning. Lol @ Wenger saying at the start of the season that cups are important... now they're being possibly knocked out by Ipswich and Leeds.

I think they reached the Final a few years back, do you know what Finals feel like matey? ;)

2 Finals in a row Actually (H)

This will be the best thing since sliced bread if Arsenal **** this up.

Why is everyone willing West Ham to wembley, F*** them!! We will go instead :$

I'd be amazed if we didn't win the second leg.
At Emirates with the crowd behind us we should be too good. Mind you, we should of been far too good tonight.

Why is everyone willing West Ham to wembley, F*** them!! We will go instead :$

I want them to win the Cup, so Avram can put 2 fingers up at all his doubter, they have won 4 of there last 7, and he is still getting talked about as getting the boot

Fantastic performance from Ipswich today- They deserved their win. Sadly though, I can't see past Arsenal putting in a few on the return leg. Promising signs for Paul Jewell.

You don't know how glad I am by the fact that I didn't get the opportunity to watch this game tonight.

From what I've heard it was an embarrassing performance and I'd hate to have seen it. Even so, I'm still relatively hopeful we can win the 2nd leg.

I'm really worried about Barca playing us now.
If we play like this against them, 10-0 on aggregate wouldn't be impossible.

Jusy showed the goal and it was offside. :'(

I never saw the game I was asleep, saw the last 10 minutes. From what I saw, the pitch was terrible dont think that can be disputed, every time we passed the ball bobbled about 12 times. We seemed aloud of **** genrally and if we don't beat them at the emirates , well I just dont know what I'll do.

God bless Arsenal, I think we're gonna need it. And, if I was Wenger, the first thing I would do tomorrow morning is transfer-list Arshavin and Bendtner ; terrible terrible display from the duo.

Very very poor performance. I seriously hate Denilson. Why does he just casually jog back when the other team breaks away? It ****** me off so bad; he doesn't look like he gives a ****.

Just seen the highlights, We did have oppurtunitys to score. Fulop had a great game by the looks of it. They got us spot on. Close us down and dont let us pass, and when we did carve a chance out Fulop done well. Good defensive performance by Ipswich and then caught us on the counter.

My prediction of Ipswich to win the Carling Cup is still on the cards :D

Last edited:
I want Arsenal to come back just so it's that much harder for Blues to win.
I couldn't bear it if they won the cup

Still reckon Arsenal will go through in the 2nd leg pretty comfortably

I have to hand credit to where it was needed. Ipswich played some very good, if not brilliant defensive football at times in which disrupted Arsenal's passing game and shutting off the middle of the park, thereby forcing them to play out wide. And with Walcott and Arshavin not being the best of crossers, it was never going to be easy.

I was equally frustrated at the amount of times that the fullbacks in Eboue and Gibbs didn't do their jobs defensively. The majority of the first half, they were parked way up high into Ipswich's midfield and leaving the partnership of Koscielny and Djourou to suffice. Szczesny needs to work on his positioning and anticipation because at times he didn't know whether to come out or stay back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back