• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Szczesny needs to work on his positioning and anticipation because at times he didn't know whether to come out or stay back.

Pretty sure this only happened once, but whatevs. Djourou was awful and there was no communication all night. I'm really not that confident taking them at the Emirates - our home form has been dire and they'll put 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and grind out a result. If we play anything like we did tonight, then they'll succeed.

There's not really much else to say, Arsenal were awful and only woke up with 10 minutes to play - Ipswich were inspired and deserved everything they got (Even if the goal was offside). It's a real concern that we can't press the ball on a consistent basis and can't break down teams that park the plane.

Can you imagine Eboue trying to take on Messi :S

****. Just realised Sagna is suspended for the first leg, he'll have to take on Messi. Although, he won't because Messi plays at CF or RW, not LW so Clichy + Song + Vermaelen should be enough. *Prays to God*

What's wrong with us? :P

You'd be too good for Brum. We don't want a one-sided romp with Ipswich scoring five as hapless Birmingham players try to decide what the word "defend" means without Scott Dann. ;)

You'd be too good for Brum. We don't want a one-sided romp with Ipswich scoring five as hapless Birmingham players try to decide what the word "defend" means without Scott Dann. ;)

Oh wow I misunderstood what you said haha. I thought you said you couldn't stand to see Ipswich win but just realised you meant Birmingham lol.

Ahh..If only Ipswich had kept hold of Townsend, then this tie would be finished by know, and Ipswich would be through ;)

Ahh..If only Ipswich had kept hold of Townsend, then this tie would be finished by know, and Ipswich would be through ;)

Ah I know right? ;) Keane picked the absolute worst time to send him back because we're in dire need of a left winger now!

Oh wow I misunderstood what you said haha. I thought you said you couldn't stand to see Ipswich win but just realised you meant Birmingham lol.

Chippy did mean us... GC then reverted it into one of his many cheap digs at us because he's jealous that we knocked them out in the previous round.

shame he has to resort to such low levels :$

although mate, i think everyone but Arsenal fans want you to against the odds pull through at the emirates, especially west ham and blues fans!

******* Arsenal. We're so inconsistent, bookies probably has us odds on to lose this match lol.

I have just personally seen highlights and replays of our game last night for the first time on BBC.

We usually have a problem making chances, we created them, didn't put them away.

The Upson challenge on Ferguson is stone wall, its clumsy and Barry never goes over for anything!

Foster, it looked bad from where i was standing and worse on TV, how cruel on a player that so far has had a sensational season for us and a great game that night. I have no doubts in him continuing his fantastic form, just one of them things i guess.

In my opinion that game was deserving a draw, West Ham were clearly the better side in the first half, but we were exactly the same in the second, with a controversial penalty decision against us to boot.

However we are Birmingham City, we never do anything easy, so if we are about to walk up Wembley way it was never going to be a at a stroll, we will need to be dragged up there kicking and screaming!

I think we have the ability to finish the job off at Stan's, but thinking isn't doing, KRO!

Sagna wont be suspended at all. Europe is different card system thing to domestic. But fair play to Ipswich tonight. Although the goal was offside, they deserved it, outplayed Arsenal most of the game, and when the Arsenal attack did get the better of the defence, Fulop had a blinder to keep em in the game!

Sagna wont be suspended at all. Europe is different card system thing to domestic. But fair play to Ipswich tonight. Although the goal was offside, they deserved it, outplayed Arsenal most of the game, and when the Arsenal attack did get the better of the defence, Fulop had a blinder to keep em in the game!
Sagna got red carded in our last group game, of course he is suspended.

Chippy did mean us... GC then reverted it into one of his many cheap digs at us because he's jealous that we knocked them out in the previous round.

shame he has to resort to such low levels :$

Jesus, make it obvious it's a joke mate. You had me worried!

Sagna got red carded in our last group game, of course he is suspended.

Eboue vs Pedro, then? That will not be pretty...

Last edited:
Gonna be up in Birmingham on wednesday! Been buzzing since i got the ticket, Come on you Irons!

See you at wembley callum..

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says January's heavy fixture list has left him with "no choice" but to rotate his squad following the 3-0 win over Wigan. Hat-trick hero Robin van Persie, who was rested for the first leg, may be replaced by Marouane Chamakh.
Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell has no fresh injury concerns following Saturday's win against Doncaster.
But midfielder Lee Martin is cup-tied, having played for Charlton in an earlier round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back