(13.3.2) 4-3-2-1. Southampton Double Champions in his first season led them to shoot

This is by far the best tactic that I used in this year´s FM, or at least in this patch!

High-pressing, 1-touch football, wingers raping wing-backs, striker scoring like ****!!

I am managing Sporting CP, but it is a challenge save, as I change some players potential previously on the editor, but nothing like 190´s world class next Ronaldo, lol)

For those who don´t know, SCP is currently on a pretty sh**ty situation IRL, so I did the same on FM, lowing the reputation and finances and the challenge is to play with the kids from the academy as there is no money or reputation enough to strengthen the team...

On the 1st season I was using other tactic and I am currently on the 2nd season (February) and been using this since July... I have to say I am pretty impressed...

The only thing that I have to say is to use the other Qetesh´s tactic (4-2-2-2) when you are chasing a goal... (H)

OI: Assistant
Shouts: None

When I have some player sent off, I do 1 out of 2 things:
If I need to score, change to 4-2-2-2 and take the right striker (this is the option I do most, even when I don´t need to score, lol)
If leading by 1, I simply take the striker and change the wingers to IF´s and play something like 4-3-2-0

I will post screens at the end of the season (hopefully tonight)... But for now I give you this:

Van Wolfswinkel:
View image: ricky

Diego Capel:
View image: capel

Results (League):
View image: lzs

Results (Champions):
View image: champions

My team:
View image: scp

Was about to start writing when saw your comment.
I'm managing the same team and won Portuguese League in the first season without buying a single player (as he mentioned before Sporting CP is a team with great history but in terrible situation now, without good players and playing basically with young squad ones as the sold half of team in January).

This tactic will give you great football, solid defense and mainly great consistence.

Btw my striker Ricky Van Wolfswinkel scored almost 50 goals and won the european golden boot

having very good success with this tactic on my oldham game, haven't brought in any new players and im top of the league in January in first season.

i cant beat top teams away with this, ive played 2ses now

A very good tactic for my chelsea. I played one season. I won the league, the Champions League, the Capital Cup. But I was in the FA Cup has lost in the final to Newcastle on penalties.
A very good tactic. THANKS

Hi Qetesh you change strategy during game or use it plug and play

i cant beat top teams away with this, ive played 2ses now

Try the Sacchi's 442 on the front page. I use both of them. But always Sacchi's tactic away against Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

What type of striker do I need for this tactic? Strong target man? (Couch, Carroll) Technical? (Ademilson) Fast? (Walcott, Welbeck)

Tried this with Man Utd and cleaned up in the first season, so tried starting with a young and inexperienced Aston Villa. I ended up reducing the wage bill by getting rid of Given, Ireland, N'Zogbia and Bent. Only players I signed was an aging David Albelda from Valencia and a young untested Dennis Praet from Anderlecht.

Did bad in the cups losing in the 2nd round Capital Cup to C.Palace and the 4th Round of the FA Cup to Chelsea, but was surprised in the league after moving up from 9th halfway through the season to finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League. A lot was due to Benteke getting top scorer in the league.

Final League Table
View attachment 325516

Top Scorers
View attachment 325517

Help needed!!

First of all i would like to say this tactic has been my favourite on FM13. Has turned my decent/average Gillingham team into a Barca esq league 1 team.

I used it second half of my last season and went on a 17 game unbeaten run that saw me take Gillingham to the FA Cup semi final and from mid table to battling for top spot. Unfortunately with a heavy fixture list i ended up finishing 3rd after only winning 1 of my last 8 games. I lost in playoff final 2-1. Was predicted a mid table finish so wasn't too disheartened.

This season i built my team around this tactic, kept the better players and strengthened the other areas which were weak. I've got 3/4 really good regens coming through that should be playing at a higher level so was confident of a good season if this tactic worked like last season.

Started off amazingly well. Won my opening 9 games (pretty much winning by 3/4 goals each game) and went 17 games unbeated in the league with 14 wins 3 draws. Have hit a slightly congested fixture list once again and since have won 1 drawn 3 lost 3 and have slipped from being 9 points clear at the top to 3rd and declining rapidly. This seems to happen with most tactics i use. I tried going back to the modern warfare 442 formation but team still kept losing.

Could anyone give me any advice on how i can get my team back performing? Do i just drop the tactic? Stick with the tactic until results turn round?

Morale has obviously dropped a little now but out of no where we will be in a really good attack and we make a silly pass and concede literally every time. We still dominate possesion 60% have a minimum of 10 shots on target to oppositions 3/4 but still lose.

I see other people post their full seasons results and consistantly get great results from this tactic. My team seem to have a good 10-15 game spell where we hammer everyone including higher tier teams and then go on a poor run of results.

I can upload screenshots later if it helps

First of all i would like to say this tactic has been my favourite on FM13. Has turned my decent/average Gillingham team into a Barca esq league 1 team.

I used it second half of my last season and went on a 17 game unbeaten run that saw me take Gillingham to the FA Cup semi final and from mid table to battling for top spot. Unfortunately with a heavy fixture list i ended up finishing 3rd after only winning 1 of my last 8 games. I lost in playoff final 2-1. Was predicted a mid table finish so wasn't too disheartened.

This season i built my team around this tactic, kept the better players and strengthened the other areas which were weak. I've got 3/4 really good regens coming through that should be playing at a higher level so was confident of a good season if this tactic worked like last season.

Started off amazingly well. Won my opening 9 games (pretty much winning by 3/4 goals each game) and went 17 games unbeated in the league with 14 wins 3 draws. Have hit a slightly congested fixture list once again and since have won 1 drawn 3 lost 3 and have slipped from being 9 points clear at the top to 3rd and declining rapidly. This seems to happen with most tactics i use. I tried going back to the modern warfare 442 formation but team still kept losing.

Could anyone give me any advice on how i can get my team back performing? Do i just drop the tactic? Stick with the tactic until results turn round?

Morale has obviously dropped a little now but out of no where we will be in a really good attack and we make a silly pass and concede literally every time. We still dominate possesion 60% have a minimum of 10 shots on target to oppositions 3/4 but still lose.

I see other people post their full seasons results and consistantly get great results from this tactic. My team seem to have a good 10-15 game spell where we hammer everyone including higher tier teams and then go on a poor run of results.

I can upload screenshots later if it helps

Hi

I know this doesnt answer your question but i just wanted to say that your description pretty much sums up my experience of this years FM.

This tactic is awesome and my favourite downloadable tactic available on this site and others. But I too have experienced these great highs/overacheivments only to fade away towards the end of the season. I Have probably completed 8-10 seasons across all my saves this year and find the same pattern season after season. I dont play with the top teams its usually an underdog so that might explain a little but I share your frustration :)

That does appear to happen a lot on this FM! Glad its not just me experiencing this.

Those results do happen but not as much as they seem to on FM at times.

The game would be boring and a little pointless if we won every game and i know for a fact none of us expect that, its more frustrating that you can be world beaters for 20 games and out of no where turn into a team of blind donkeys, where whatever you try doesn't seem to change the situation for the better. A little more consistency throughout the season would be better.

after a couple more frustrating results I changed formations to a A Russell's 4-2-3-1. It's similar to this one but with an AMC and reaped the rewards of winning 4 away games in a row but not quite in the same style as this formation. With being back at home against lower teams in the division i reverted back to this formation. At home i've won 2 and drawn 1 and lost away but i was down to 10 men for most of the match.

Might keep this formation for home matches and change to A Russell's 4-2-3-1 formation away.

Good to see you helping a fellow Kent team up the English tiers Mike! :)

I totally agree, i am probably dwelling on them type of results more than I should. This years FM is the hardest I have played. Might try that other tactic next season.

I placed Deal in the conference south, straight swap for truro and changed nothing else using the editor, they have spent 120k upgrading the stadium to make it meet the requirements, so i am massively in debt and relying on youth players.

Sounds like you've done a pretty remarkable job considering all that to be battling for promotion!!

this tactic is pretty special, first season i came second with west ham, made no signings, andy carroll scored 26 goals in 30 games (was injured for 3 months) second season had loads of money so i signed wilfried bony, the guy scored 42 goals in 50 games! won the prem, champions league, with a special 4-1 win over real madrid and beat arsenal 3-0 in the final!!! won everything, it was brilliant! trying this now with athletico madrid, want to see if i can get falcao scoring for fun, well done on the tactic its great!

Best tactic i ever tested since MW stop working. Played 30 games, won 26, draw 2 and lost 2 with a big team of Argentina (Boca Juniors). i will post images of the results when the season ends. Then i'm going to test it with a underdog team. Sorry for my english.
P.D.: use de team talk guide in the opening post. it's perfect.

it didnt work for me! first game wonfrom corner 90th + minute , drew next 7 (they scored from first attack/shot everytime, and almost everytime as soon as i scored)
and now lost 3 in a raw...
i think defensively this tactics lacks a little for me anyway!

good luck anyhow ... regards

Last edited:
GJ on the tactic i am playing it for quite some time.....it took about half a season to start winning....since then it has been 5 seasons with me crushing everyone....this is the best plug and play tactit overall i have seen...i am just wondering why is it that doesnt have so much heat ???

Would inside forwards work in the winger positions on this, ive got Lamela and Gotze and they are pony as wingers. So I was going to put Lamela on the right cutting in on his left, and vice versa with gotze. ..