[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 597
  • Views Views 267K
tbh didnt even notice his jumping was so bad. Maybe I'll look into buying him a pogo stick?
Still think he might do ok upfront and after all Lambert is getting older and hooper's only 24.
We will see.....:)

Well, good luck dude! :P

What lower tier BPL teams do you think have a fair shot of using this tactic? I was thinking Southampton purely because they have pretty much everything for a starting 11, plus the transfer funds for replacements/subs.

I started using this Tactic yesterday with Tottenham, brought in a few players. Needless to say, this Tactic is insane. First game, 6-0 against Norwich in a complete domination, they had 0 Shots in the entire game. So I feel like continuing with this save will just be a walk in the park! :P - I played 10 games with the Tottenham save, went unbeaten before reaching this stage, where I feel like I should use a lower-tier BPL team.

EDIT: Wrong Scoreline and forgot to put the team xD

P.S. I know Norwich aren't a great team, but it felt like I was playing against a bunch of kids who just learned how to walk.

Last edited:
Fulham? Berbatov upfront, Ruiz on one of the wings, get in Strandberg for the sweeper slot and buy a couple of CM's.

Doesn't work on Bayern Manchester United.I followed every step you gave but somehow doesn't work on those teams.Worked well with Ajax.I have good coaches.Ayesteran as assistant manager.Players have no problem but :S

Doesn't work on Bayern Manchester United.I followed every step you gave but somehow doesn't work on those teams.Worked well with Ajax.I have good coaches.Ayesteran as assistant manager.Players have no problem but :S

It should do pretty easily on united I think. I think with RvP on the right & Wayne on the left, Buy a new Striker (Cavani or Benteke) Fletcher & Fellaini in the midfield. Evra LWB Rafael RWB Vidic and Smalling as CB with Phil Jones Sweeper and De Gea in goal.

It should do pretty easily on united I think. I think with RvP on the right & Wayne on the left, Buy a new Striker (Cavani or Benteke) Fletcher & Fellaini in the midfield. Evra LWB Rafael RWB Vidic and Smalling as CB with Phil Jones Sweeper and De Gea in goal.
So in order to make this fantastic tactic work with Manchester United you need to buy Cavani and Fellaini?

So in order to make this fantastic tactic work with Manchester United you need to buy Cavani and Fellaini?

Considering Man Utd don't have many ball winners or target men, you would need to sign players yeah.

Any training advice?General Traning : Team Cohesion Match Training : Assistan in Control

You need another "real" Ball Winning Midfielder and a top Target man.

Decided to test this with Porto, Bought Bony, Ilori, Milanov, D Costa, Joao Filipe, Rafael (GK) Sanchez Mino, De Sciglio on loan, (This is a updated transfer save so no James or Moutinho)

This was my first game :O

View attachment 364048

Will definitely be testing this more!!!!

Title is a bit misleading, Moved from Swansea to Chelsea and this tactic looked to suit my Chelsea team but it didn't really work out, was decent at first 5 clean sheets in a row, but only won 2 games, 3 0-0's, but then i lost 7-2 against Aston Villa, glad it works for other people though :)

Title is a bit misleading, Moved from Swansea to Chelsea and this tactic looked to suit my Chelsea team but it didn't really work out, was decent at first 5 clean sheets in a row, but only won 2 games, 3 0-0's, but then i lost 7-2 against Aston Villa, glad it works for other people though :)
You lost 7-2? What was your lineup? :D

Decided to re-start my Southampton save as I was unhappy with my signings I had made, especially Hooper who cost way to much and wanted a stupid contract also he didnt really fit the role that well.
So I have made some new signings and completed my pre-season which went pretty well especially a very impressive win over Galatasaray:)
Here are ss of my team/signings and pre-season results.

View attachment 364124 View attachment 364125 View attachment 364126

Hopefully the season go's well and my signings preform:)

Going nice after very bad game with bayern i started new one steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157709716 (37 goals for 2 goal against :):):):):)

Last edited:
I don't get all the issues- a few of you are having unless you've downloaded version 1.
Here, this is my latest season with version 2.

View attachment 364175

This is my team, hardly anything Barcelona-standard:

View attachment 364176

The title is far from misleading, I and a few others haven't seen any other tactic like it, it's easily the most solid defensive formation, maybe a little more going forward, hmm I'll look into it and release a version 3.

I think if you're struggling to find the correct type of player, you should download the shortlist I've also uploaded on the opening post, maybe that'll give you more of an idea. :)

But if you can't get any tactic to work with Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Manchester United, then you suck at FM. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 3.0:

This is without the big update, this is tactic evolution at it's finest.
This tactic now features a lot more possession build-up play, involving nearly every player on the pitch, but at the same time it keeps it's impressive defensive shape.
New options leading to goals have been successfully implemented and tested over a period of 15 league games. I'm now scoring on average 3 a game, also conceding a lot less, due to the same fast closing down and intense defensive play.

Quick list:
-Fixed issues with games ending as a draw, added 3 or 4 more potential goal scoring methods.
-Added a lot more possession based build up play, you should now expect 65-70% of the ball.
-The ball winning midfielders become playmakers when on the ball so make sure they can also pass!

You can download this update from the opening post here, on this thread. Thanks for following...

Back