[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 597
  • Views Views 267K
yeah I know they ain't underdogs, the thing is that my teams allways play a lot crappier in away games, so I was thinking if I should use alterations

Hello. I have been keeping an eye on your thread and have been incredibly impressed by both your results and those of the community. So first off, well done on making a working tactic.

I want to use the tactic with a strengthened Liverpool team, is v6 categorically the best version? Will this tactic help me score over 100 goals in the league per season? I'm encouraged by the fact that you boast the tactics potential of creating cccs, so i'm very enthusiastic to try it.

It's most likely like you said, not a 'strong' enough team, there is an underdog tactic, but it is very much a work in progress, and I probably wouldn't hugely recommend it yet.

Getting a target man up front and two playmakers left and right is vital to this tactic, and to be honest could also be the reason for the lack of goal scoring opportunities.

However, I'll take note and if more issues arise I'll looking into the cause with a fresh save.

Just wanted to report back. amount of long shots went down considerably after managing to buy a good target man to the third season.
I managed to end 4th in the league, which after all is quite good for a 2nd.

Got a decent transfer budget since I managed to qualify for CL
Managed to get Benteke for a decent price
Loan Kweuke with a cheap buy out option till end of season (this might be a very good option as cheap 2nd man for this tactic looking at his attributes)
Lamela, had to pay alot, and a pretty high wage. But's probably worth it
Weiss, on a free, also a decent backup option for AML/AMR for teams without much money.

Team for 3rd season (2nd season with this tactic)
STR: Benteke
AML: Gaston Ramirez
AMR: Eric Lamela
CM: Schinnderlin
CM: Jack Cork
WBL: Luke Shaw
WBL: Very very good 26yo Regen
CB: very good regen
CB: Bram Nytinck
SWC: Forren

Subs are pretty ok.

Struggling pretty bad atm, had a decent first 8 matches, very bad next 8 matches (4 draw, 4 losses, good opposition)
I will stay patient for a couple of matches till though, changed a lot of first team players & sold captain, and Benteke has been under performing.

I be honest I couldn't be bothered to read every page so I apologise now if this has been asked already, if it has would someone know the page it on?

Do you have shouts for this tactic or are these results based on not using shouts?

I don't use shouts and I don't think Ovro the tactic's creator use's shouts either:)

Ok thanks for the quick reply, I'm a few games from getting sacked in the year 2016. Nothing is working and I can see my 5 season achievement at one club slipping away. 5 games in and we in 12th and not looking like we going to finish in Europe. Shall try v6 and see what happens

Finished my first season as Newcastle, finished a very respectable 2nd, and reached the F.A cup final where I got beat 3-1 by Man City, who also won the league and were pretty much unstoppable!

I did re-shape the squad with quite a few signings to fit the tactic, but managed to cope quite well with the amount of adjustments I made!

One thing I would note with this Tactic (v6) is that I feel it's very important your CB's have decent Composure & Passing stats, in the first half of the season I had Taylor & Mbiwa there and they constantly panicked and gave the ball away resulting in conceding. As soon as I got Williams in this stopped!

Looking forward to the 2nd season with Champions League footy!

Top tactic!

View attachment 366542View attachment 366545View attachment 366547

looks like i'm going to have to retrain a few players to make this formation work better and get in a couple of wingbacks

looks like i'm going to have to retrain a few players to make this formation work better and get in a couple of wingbacks

I've been reading your comments.
Without the correct player's for the tactic, and the correct centre backs, who can pass.
This tactic will fail.
Try my shortlist for suggestions.

Ok thanks for the quick reply, I'm a few games from getting sacked in the year 2016. Nothing is working and I can see my 5 season achievement at one club slipping away. 5 games in and we in 12th and not looking like we going to finish in Europe. Shall try v6 and see what happens

You really need the right sort of players for each position, if you manage to do this then this tactic is very rewarding and fun to watch:)
Any screen shots of you current team? Good luck with the rest of your save:)

Having to wait til January for new window to open but I notice u said stamina and teamwork have to be 12 and 11 for tactic to work, all my squad have that or better, the two bwm do they have to be dm's or can I have mc playing there as I do have a fair few youngsters that play there.

when I get home I shall attempt to get a screenshot of my team up

Having to wait til January for new window to open but I notice u said stamina and teamwork have to be 12 and 11 for tactic to work, all my squad have that or better, the two bwm do they have to be dm's or can I have mc playing there as I do have a fair few youngsters that play there.

when I get home I shall attempt to get a screenshot of my team up

Sure, your CM's have to be able to tackle and pass.

Good then in that case I should be able to plug and play as I normall play 4-2-3-1, shall retrain my two me young centerbacks to play sweeper and look at a couple more left and right backs

Gerard type players are good in the cm roles. My Bayern save has Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger playing the two cm roles and they are doing very well.
Season one Schweinsteiger got 20 goals and 20 assits from the cm right position.:)

Gerard type players are good in the cm roles. My Bayern save has Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger playing the two cm roles and they are doing very well.
Season one Schweinsteiger got 20 goals and 20 assits from the cm right position.:)

could you post your league table and players stats?

At the moment I know I have sandro, Louis Sanchez, d'angelo, Isco and sergi that all play in the centre of midfield for me

Isco probs train to the amr/aml position because of his creativity and passing the others im not to familiar with tbh, dont really know malga's team.
If sandro is the same sandro that plays for spurs then he may be a good option to play cm other than that they need to not only be strong and able to tackle but also be able to pass, alot like steven gerrard and frank lampard type players.

Back