[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

need to sign a good CD (perferably with sweeper accomplished or better, but not mandatory)
and a good MC
for this tactic

I'm Southampton so ain't able to lure anyone to sign for me, but have been able to free up some transfer money for these two signings, can spend about 35-40m.

Any suggestions?
Been thinking about Wanyama, but just has 10 in passing and not sure I can lure him to me.

need to sign a good CD (perferably with sweeper accomplished or better, but not mandatory)
and a good MC
for this tactic

I'm Southampton so ain't able to lure anyone to sign for me, but have been able to free up some transfer money for these two signings, can spend about 35-40m.

Any suggestions?
Been thinking about Wanyama, but just has 10 in passing and not sure I can lure him to me.
For MC try M,Vila and CB try Astori should be able to get both for that amount.

going to try this with chelsea they got all the right players

For MC try M,Vila and CB try Astori should be able to get both for that amount.

thx, totally forgot m'vila, have been having him on almost every save in fm13 =) And he's not as deluded as IRL.

Astori was new to me, already signed to ManU though on my save (2014)... Great atributes on him though

and a good MC
for this tactic

Any suggestions?

Do Jack Cork and Morgan Schneiderlin not fit this role? As for CD/SW role I got Toby Alderweireld 2nd season for my Bayern side for 18m, not sure if he would go to Saint depends how well you did in the first season, but he is very good as sweeper.

thx, totally forgot m'vila, have been having him on almost every save in fm13 =) And he's not as deluded as IRL.

Astori was new to me, already signed to ManU though on my save (2014)... Great atributes on him though
Try juan jesus from inter
marquhinos from roma
doria from botafogo are all young brazilian good defenders fairly cheap

Do Jack Cork and Morgan Schneiderlin not fit this role? As for CD/SW role I got Toby Alderweireld 2nd season for my Bayern side for 18m, not sure if he would go to Saint depends how well you did in the first season, but he is very good as sweeper.

Yes they do, and do pretty good both of them, but Cork is injured for 4 mounts, so need backup and don't know how he will do when back. Have Ward-Prowse who is developing good to.

Try juan jesus from inter
marquhinos from roma
doria from botafogo are all young brazilian good defenders fairly cheap

Thx, Doria seems lika a very good option for me, bit expensive in my save. But looks good enough and young and able to adopt with training.

Haha, m'villa wanted 150k/w, forget it =)

M'villa is over priced for a mere average player. I made this mistake of buying him he a dirty lil French git

M'villa is over priced for a mere average player. I made this mistake of buying him he a dirty lil French git
He turns into a beast in most of my saves. The problem is that he's playing in russia, and has an insane wage :(

Very true, I was offered and went for it, regret doing it I should stick to my no French but kahboul policy lol

I proper proper proper hate FM2013 sometimes.

Just got in to November in my 2nd season as Newcastle and I've just been sacked!

Still been using v6, but it just stopped working... hardly changed my team, 3 first team signings and one of them I had on loan last season.

I talk to my players regularly, they train in their positions they play in, I have good coaches, a good assistant manager - I don't feel like I've avoided anything obvious.

This happens to me regularly, I will happily trial a tactic that I feel worthwhile - get to the 2nd season and it just doesn't work at all.

Fuming!

This happens to me too, can't get any enjoyment from this FM at all. Hopefully 14 will be better.

Season 2 with my FC Bayern Munchen save:)

League - WON
View attachment 366889 View attachment 366896

German Cup and German Super cup - Both WON
View attachment 366890 View attachment 366891

Euro Super cup - WON
View attachment 366897

Champions League and World club championship - Both WON
View attachment 366892 View attachment 366893

Team and signings
View attachment 366894 View attachment 366895

Very pleased with this tactic and go's to show that if you play the right sort of player in correct positions then its a very effective tactic indeed, so again thanks to Ovro for this masterpiece :)

Last edited:
played first 5 games of season with Liverpool, and only won 1!! and only scored 3 goals in total!! any else tried with LFC? also 3 men sent off!!!

if your team is bayern, doesn't matter what tactic you use. Stop using the big teams, while creating a tactic.

played first 5 games of season with Liverpool, and only won 1!! and only scored 3 goals in total!! any else tried with LFC? also 3 men sent off!!!
I tried with Liverpool this tactic. Results were poor too.