[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 597
  • Views Views 267K
I had your tactic as my second for 3 months so it would become fluid whilst I carried on using my own until the end of the season.
I wanted to try your's during the start of my 5th season (2nd club, 2nd season with Manchester United) I spent over £100 million for the correct players, and found an amazing sweeper with passing of 18 (pop up player)
Even though the tactic is fluid and using teamwork on training, I struggled with my friendlies, and the start of my season was terrible. I've played 10 games so far and I've only won 4...just. I drew 1 and lost 5.
The defence is incredibly leaky and I concede at least 2 goals per match, the problem is that they are really stupid conceded goals. It's not, or rather it shouldn't be the players as I'm not using all of the new ones yet so they have time to gel.
I don't think an offside tactic works well with your tactic as you're using a sweeper.
I was scoring quite a few goals in the beginning, even though I was letting more in than I scored. Now my players couldn't hit a barn door, and considering their morale is still very high I'm not sure what is going on.
Anyway, I'm not criticising. I like the look of your tactic, just some ideas for you to help the tactic grow.
Mainly the leaky defence.

I had your tactic as my second for 3 months so it would become fluid whilst I carried on using my own until the end of the season.
I wanted to try your's during the start of my 5th season (2nd club, 2nd season with Manchester United) I spent over £100 million for the correct players, and found an amazing sweeper with passing of 18 (pop up player)
Even though the tactic is fluid and using teamwork on training, I struggled with my friendlies, and the start of my season was terrible. I've played 10 games so far and I've only won 4...just. I drew 1 and lost 5.
The defence is incredibly leaky and I concede at least 2 goals per match, the problem is that they are really stupid conceded goals. It's not, or rather it shouldn't be the players as I'm not using all of the new ones yet so they have time to gel.
I don't think an offside tactic works well with your tactic as you're using a sweeper.
I was scoring quite a few goals in the beginning, even though I was letting more in than I scored. Now my players couldn't hit a barn door, and considering their morale is still very high I'm not sure what is going on.
Anyway, I'm not criticising. I like the look of your tactic, just some ideas for you to help the tactic grow.
Mainly the leaky defence.

I've not tried the version 6 of this tactic yet, still using version 5 and its fantastic! quadruple in my first season and currently in 2nd already won german super cup, euro super cup and world club championship and at top of league with 19 wins 2 draws and o losses:)

Maybe give v.5 a go:)

Spurs is the club I'm in charge off, I brought in Isco at the start to replace losin modric. Sanchez is an American kid I bright that has turned out to be amazing, d'angelo is a regen and sergi is from barcalona who I got at start of this season

Ok so played through til my tenth league game using this tactic. I won all three champios leagu matches, both capital one games and 4 of the 5 league games. Lost to arsenal 1 nil which is annoying, has left me 3 rd in the league and once I tweak my squad a little I think this is goin to be a sound tactic

Last edited:
I was using the latest version v6 and I've had not luck with it at all. I thought with Man Utd's resources and vast amount of money, this tactic would be near perfection. i just have no idea what everyone else is doing that I'm not, I'm under constant counter-attack and considering I have defenders with 16+ acc and pace. Maybe I'll switch tatics from teamwork to attacking as it is a very all-out attack system.

I tried this with A.C. Milan & then Arsenal. Always used defenders with high passing among other good stats eg. Astori, Alderweirld & played a sweeper with high anticipation Koscielny & Mexes, & strikers with high strength & finishing (Giroud & Bony). Every match my strikers would miss countless chances by shooting too early & I would lose because of shocking lapses in concentration at the back even vs teams such as PSV, Bologna and worst of all Metalist (twice!). Awful tactic, would not recommend anyone bothers with it

V6 + Underdog tactic

Hey Ovro

I'm Sousense (Portugal)...i've been with them since beginning and it is now 2032. I have 7 lg titles but have yet to win a CL which is my goal. I'm putting my trust in your tactic to help me deliver. The problem I have in the CL is that I always get by the group stage but then i'm awarded either Real Madrid or Barcelona (like a curse or something). I can almost always do ok 1st leg at home but then I get hammered in the 2nd leg in Spain.

V6 is working great for me. This season i'm going to try your underdog tactic for those tough away CL games and see if I can surprise the oppoent. I drew Chelsea in my group and I already played them in their house and I unleashed the underdog tactic on them and I LOVE the way it counter attacks. It's a beautiful sight. I ended up drawing the game 1-1 but I could have easily won as I created more CCC than they did. What I didn't like was the posession as Chelsea always seemed to have the ball and always put me under pressure but I think thats the way the tactic was designed. It seems like to make you play a "bend don't break" type of defense...but as soon as you get the ball the countering is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Will keep you posted!

I tried this with A.C. Milan & then Arsenal. Always used defenders with high passing among other good stats eg. Astori, Alderweirld & played a sweeper with high anticipation Koscielny & Mexes, & strikers with high strength & finishing (Giroud & Bony). Every match my strikers would miss countless chances by shooting too early & I would lose because of shocking lapses in concentration at the back even vs teams such as PSV, Bologna and worst of all Metalist (twice!). Awful tactic, would not recommend anyone bothers with it

you suffered the PEBCAC bug thats why it didn't work for you

I have that problem with the defenders too. I have 2 fantastic defenders and an incredible sweeper (pop up) but I've noticed the constant lapse in concentration too. The amount of errors they produce is enough to make you head **** the monitor. And Rooney or Traore depending which I play miss so many easy goals.
In England you can't change your pitch size, I don't know if you can in other European leagues, or it's just FM13

User Error and related phrases such as PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair")

there you go. although he spelt it wrong.....

User Error and related phrases such as PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair")

there you go. although he spelt it wrong.....

thanks so what he is saying that the other guy is ****?

I have just started a new season in England starting from the bottom in the BSN with Solihull Moors using v6 and I must say this tactis has been awesome so far especially for such a lower league team. Thanks alot for the tactic im currently 20 gms in and in 1st place with only 1 loss.

Back