[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

for the people that have test this out is it better then modern warfare tactic

modern warfare isn't that good on the new patch. Have you tried the rock classic from the Mr Langvatn thread? For me, it works much better than this tactic (thats just my opinion though), and you can use any player types. I have given this a quick trial run, using the correct player types, and it was not very impressive. Seems more like a tactic that works for bigger teams who can afford to buy top players in the correct positions, not much use for average teams with average players.

Last edited:
yeah but how do u no if ur midfielder is a playmaker or ball winning midfielder? is it where it says best player roles

Look at his stats, if he can't tackle, then he's not a bwm.

yeah but how do u no if ur midfielder is a playmaker or ball winning midfielder? is it where it says best player roles

If you can't tell if a midfielder is a playmaker or a ball winner by just looking at his stats for 2 seconds, you wont get any tactic to work.

modern warfare isn't that good on the new patch. Have you tried the rock classic from the Mr Langvatn thread? For me, it is much better than this tactic, and you can use any player types. I have given this a quick trial run, using the correct player types, and it was not very impressive. Seems more like a tactic that works for bigger teams who can afford to buy top players in the correct positions, not much use for average teams with average players.

Could you please be less vague, you've claimed it wasn't very impressive, explain why.. Elaborate?
I've actually had a **** ton of people claiming this to be epic.
But I want to know what can be improved. :)

Also, if possible, please list out the players you used. As my Napoli time with it's 38-0-0 record, was average.

Also, I think I need to stress, this tactic is based on Strength, and creativity. If you're using pacey wingers as the advanced playmakers, then of course it isn't going to work. :)

Could you please be less vague, you've claimed it wasn't very impressive, explain why.. Elaborate?
I've actually had a **** ton of people claiming this to be epic.
But I want to know what can be improved. :)

Also, if possible, please list out the players you used. As my Napoli time with it's 38-0-0 record, was average.

Also, I think I need to stress, this tactic is based on Strength, and creativity. If you're using pacey wingers as the advanced playmakers, then of course it isn't going to work. :)

I used West Brom, as I often do for testing tactics as they are a decent side with good all round players in most positions and it is easy to see if tactics under or over achieve with them being a steady mid table side.

My team was...........

GK Foster

SW Tamas
DC Ohlsen
DC Ridgwell

RWB Jones
LWB Popov

CM Yacob
CM Mulumbu

AMR Morrison
AML Brunt

FC Lukaku

That is a pretty well suited team of players, and unless you start at a rich club then I would doubt you would be able to assemble a team like you say is needed for this tactic to work that is better than the team at West Brom.

What do I say about it? I found it to be a decent tactic, but nothing to say it is "literally the best tactic on FM13", because for me it isn't. Not saying it is bad, but to be able to get all the players in that suit the tactic, you are gonna need a lot of cash. You have a 38-0-0 record with Napoli, but you know the tactic inside out. I don't see anyone else with those results. In fact I don't see one screen shot in this thread from anyone other than yourself that has shown the same sort of success with this tactic. I won the games I expected to win and lost or drew most of the ones i didn't expect to win. It was ok. And I would say that Napoli side is pretty good.

Last edited:
I used West Brom, as I often do for testing tactics as they are a decent side with good all round players in most positions and it is easy to see if tactics under or over achieve with them being a steady mid table side.

My team was...........

GK Foster

SW Tamas
DC Ohlsen
DC Ridgwell

RWB Jones
LWB Popov

CM Yacob
CM Mulumbu

AMR Morrison
AML Brunt

FC Lukaku

That is a pretty well suited team of players, and unless you start at a rich club then I would doubt you would be able to assemble a team like you say is needed for this tactic to work that is better than the team at West Brom.

What do I say about it? I found it to be a decent tactic, but nothing to say it is "literally the best tactic on FM13", because for me it isn't. Not saying it is bad, but to be able to get all the players in that suit the tactic, you are gonna need a lot of cash. You have a 38-0-0 record with Napoli, but you know the tactic inside out. I don't see anyone else with those results. In fact I don't see one screen shot in this thread from anyone other than yourself that has shown the same sort of success with this tactic. I won the games I expected to win and lost or drew most of the ones i didn't expect to win. It was ok. And I would say that Napoli side is pretty good.

I guess, I'll have to work on an underdog version, based more around counter attacking.
I'll try and whip something up for tomorrow. ;)

I guess, I'll have to work on an underdog version, based more around counter attacking.
I'll try and whip something up for tomorrow. ;)

I have been using another tactic with much success, but your results are very impressive and I like testing tactics, which is why I tried it. I am sure it is excellent with certain teams and players, it just doesn't suit the way i play the game. That is not to say it wont be great for other people.

I have been using another tactic with much success, but your results are very impressive and I like testing tactics, which is why I tried it. I am sure it is excellent with certain teams and players, it just doesn't suit the way i play the game. That is not to say it wont be great for other people.

I've made a counter attacking version, if you feel like testing it. ^_^

It's on page 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes I want try please :)
I have a lot of draws with this tactic, but I concede few goals, I have difficulty to score but I control alltime the games

oh yes I want try please :)
I have a lot of draws with this tactic, but I concede few goals, I have difficulty to score but I control alltime the games

A lot of people are complaining about too many draws, I don't understand it.
Mind if I just ask who your attacking trio are?

Would you recommend retraining attack-minded wingers to wingbacks? Would this suit this tactic, or would it leave the defence too vulnerable?

Would you recommend retraining attack-minded wingers to wingbacks? Would this suit this tactic, or would it leave the defence too vulnerable?

You could try, and then try and improve their marking/tackling, probably would only work with Young winger's with lots of potential though.

Since I have Tottenham as my main save I thought I give this a try as I have Vertonghen and the tactic seems generally suited to Spurs.
So I just shoe horned the tactic in 4 days before match, Lost fluidity with width formation and tempo, all three being awkward.

Meh! Took us an age to score......16 seconds!

But from the little I seen it seems a pretty good tactic, Pressing is a little high for my taste as I see it being exposed against a good counter attacking team, but then I guess for that situation I would not be using this tactic or pressing quite so high.
But since I have not seen this tactic work in that environment I cannot comment.

Gonna continue testing 2nite.

Since I have Tottenham as my main save I thought I give this a try as I have Vertonghen and the tactic seems generally suited to Spurs.
So I just shoe horned the tactic in 4 days before match, Lost fluidity with width formation and tempo, all three being awkward.

Meh! Took us an age to score......16 seconds!

But from the little I seen it seems a pretty good tactic, Pressing is a little high for my taste as I see it being exposed against a good counter attacking team, but then I guess for that situation I would not be using this tactic or pressing quite so high.
But since I have not seen this tactic work in that environment I cannot comment.

Gonna continue testing 2nite.

You could also try the new underdog/away one on the opening post. :)

hehe,ask Mr Langvatn to do a test based on Liverpool.

Liverpool haven't got the right kind of team for this tactic. If he was willing to test with Tottenham, AC Milan or Ajax, I wouldn't mind. ;)

Can you give me your thoughts on my First Team?

It's performing reasonably well, just got beat 2-1 by an average Norwich team though - just wanted to check to see what you thought.

View attachment 363445