I dropped one of the Afs to a Ap Role and changed both mids to BWMs and two of 3 backs to CD Cover and two CWB won the first again Madrid 4-1 I was Liverpool then lost I was hitting under 6.5 stats perplayer

So, imo:

The AFs need to be AFs or they will drop too deep and counter is useless.
Changing both mids to BWM makes them not enter the box often and not scoring goals, not creating more opportunities for the strikes or getting 2nd balls.
If you are having many t-balls, just change the central CB to cover, not all. That will make them not attack the ball, giving space for strikers to work.
I don't like Inverted WB, but they help more the mid working to construct and they still go to the line to cross. Changing them to CWB will unprotect too much your flanks.

Hop the explanation helps you

Have had a few good results so far....nice one

It depends on the stats of our players.

If you have low paced attackers its harder to counter, if you don't have all round mids its hard for them to do all the work, so you need to see if they have what they need.

In my opinion:

CBs - pace, anticipation and acceleration
WBs - resistance
CMs - I prefer a player with 11-13 in tackling, passing, technique, positioning, strength, etc.
R & L striker, pace, acceleration
Central striker - Heading, anticipation

Check your team status and compare them to the league average and see if they fit. If so, you shouldn't had any problems.

Just one more hint. IN pre season use always defensive mentality.

This will help A LOT to prevent injuries.

It's really good you make lots of goals so if you decide to change something more then you may want to share

any suggestions for holding on to good results towards the end of the match? just simply tuning down mentality and d-line?

any suggestions for holding on to good results towards the end of the match? just simply tuning down mentality and d-line?

Mentality should be enough.

You can also use retain possession. Depends on the quality of the players

A lot of tweaks here, and i have also put one, but already change it.

Before i post my results, i would like to say that i have a super team, great regens and im in the 4th season. I'm also not going to bother if anyone said that I've cheated. im in the forum for several years and i don't need the approval of thee. Not save/loaded a single game, but i needed to share what i think is the new Diablo. Yes, the cm03/04 tactic to win it all!

This is plug n play 95% of the games. Sometimes you need to switch mentality, d-line or anything you see necessary to secure a result.

View attachment 1153816
League games without losing: 82
Top Goal scorer: Lukaku with 41 in 27 games

View attachment 1153817

Hope you can enjoy it as i did

after seeing the amount of goals scored by lukaku i had to try it. i did have my reservations thouhj (just being honest)
however so far martial has scored 29 in only 17 games!! amazing return

Thank you, Apvmoreira for your fantastic tweak (v2). I started a save with Nottingham Forest which is not the greatest Championship Team from start. The expectation from the board was to finish mid table, but we managed to win the Championship and score a great amount of goals. I even had to sell the best player in the January window (Ben Osborn), replacing him with a young 20 year old from Arsenal. The team captain, Chris Cohen, was injured all season.

View attachment 59832View attachment 59831View attachment 59830