The Liverpool Thread

1639562948028.png

Really need a circuit break or some kind. Cases are flying now, thank you Rafa but I didn't even recognise half the players on that Everton team.

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
12 wins down/ 18 to go.
40 points down/ 55 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 6 W 6 F 17 A 2 CS: 4

As predicted after the West 'Am loss, City and L'pool have gone up another level since the last International break. And Chelsea, who've been flattering to deviate all season IMHO (and by most every xG metric), have begun to tail off as the first shoots of another epic City/ L'pool title fight begins to take place as we both continue out blistering winning runs.

The ONLY thing that really worries me is if we end up going BCD gain. We do that, and the farce of last season returns, then City will romp home. As intricate as our system is, most everything we do, from Klopp's team talk on down, is predicated on the crowd. We play off that emotion and have a bond that most every other club can only dream of. City are far more methodical in just playing to the system and can play every game like a training match. Fans or no fans. So cross everything you have and pray to whatever deity you do that doesn't happen. 🤞🤞When a team is as top draw brilliant as ours, it would be an absolute travesty to see their hard work snatched from them through no fault of their own again.

I fear tonight was the last game we'll be in attendance for some time. But hopefully, I'm wrong and I'm still able to make the 9:38 rattler south on Sunday and a 7th successive league win at Tottenham.

Another routine victory after the amusing interlude of the Saudi lovers actually taking the lead with a belter Shelvey strike, Although what Thiago saw giving it straight to him hack only knows? 🤷‍♂️

Special shout outs to a few players on yet another record-breaking L'pool game. (I'm fast losing track of the record they break to even mention them now)-

Konaté- Another superb, dominant display. You knew this lad was special and one of the top young CH's in Europe from his Leipzig displays. But his ceiling is frightening. He's got every trait Virgil has. With an even bigger physique and arguably more rapid pace! When you're beasting Saint-Maxmin without breaking a sweat, you know your ****** fast!

Oxo-Chambo- Up there with Trent and Ibou for MOTM for me. Alex is very quietly putting together a really impressive season, He's arguably been our best midfielder and again had another super showing that pulled Newcastle all over and created the space for others. Loving that his confidence is growing by the game to getting back to running direct at opponents and opening up a whole new facet to our attack once more.

And people all over SM wanted him gone a month or two back ..... reactionary comments after Brighton was it that he should 'never play for the club again' and the like. 🤦🏼‍♂️ *SMH at the impatience.

Naby Lad- Superb cameo that would have outshone Alex if he'd been fit enough to start. And just like Alex, his difference-making ability to beat a man and completely open up the play with his direct dribbling, or pick the killer pass, was shown in glorious technicolour again. Another that's quietly had a really good season every time he's played. And another that was written off to the mad, and utterly ridiculous extent, of claims like 'Get rid! The single worst ever L'pool signing' and the like this past summer. *Again, SMH at the impatience. 🤦🏼‍♂️

And what can you say about Trent that hasn't already been said countless times. Got someone that unbelievably still gets the tired, lame, and completely false narrative thrown at him that he 'can't defend', that was a pretty F outstanding goal-saving tattle he threw in on another outstanding two-way showing of top-class defensive and attacking. And if this is to be the last action we get to see for a bit, what a belter goal to leave us with! Good job we have nets or else he'd have done someone the Kop an injury.

It was utterly mad to me how neither myself, anyone around my seasie seat, or any friend I've talked to after the game, got asked for any NHS proof going in. And there were far more stewards on duty around the turnstiles. Mask wearing seemed to be up under the stand on the Villa fiasco. But still nowhere near full compliance and still totally unenforced. Liverpool and football, in general, need to really buckle down on this or we will be seeing reduced capacity's or worse ..... A surprising and disappointing first game under the<i> supposed</i> new restrictions.

Onto Sunday and another boss day out in London with Jürgen's Red Army ..... Maybe.

Up the Saudi slaying Reds!

**** OFF REF

How the **** is that a ref but Kane's isnt? That can **** right off

Genuinely could've been 4 nil down before we scored equalized if it wasn't for Alli saving our bacon. He will be disappointed in his brainfart for their equalizer but the missing link for me has always been Fabinho in the middle. When you make Winks look good you know its an issue (even then he was still ***** giving the ball away whenever pressed). Young Morton will learn from this game and the less said about the Ref and Englands golden boy red card challenge the better.

Who's having a better game, Alisson or Tierney?
You seem to have a hate ***** for Alisson lol. To answer your question Tierney dropped a 10/10 and but 10/10 I mean an absolute disaster class.

You seem to have a hate ***** for Alisson lol. To answer your question Tierney dropped a 10/10 and but 10/10 I mean an absolute disaster class.
Nah, I dont hate Alisson. Just he's far from the best GK people seem to claim. I'll stop with it, sorry.

Tierney's been terrible ref for years now.

Nah, I dont hate Alisson. Just he's far from the best GK people seem to claim. I'll stop with it, sorry.

Tierney's been terrible ref for years now.
Nah I was kidding mate always good to have a difference of opinions on here.

That was cracking entertainment.
Well done both teams (y)

Something that hasnt been said that much this season but has become a recurring theme is the long direct balls that Matip has struggled to deal with consistently. He has been poor defensively for a couple of games now and his recovery pace this seasons has deserted him.

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
12 wins down/ 18 to go.
41 points down/ 54 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 7 W 6 D 1 F 19 A 4 CS: 4

I could talk about a multitude of things from a proper strange game of football that must have been a really good, compelling watch for a neutral. But ultimately ended up a frustrating draw given the context of the game and how that came about. When it was still a very good point with the content of the whole midfield having to be changed through this blasted virus/ 10-men/ and a stone-wall red card and penalty against the opposition unbelievably overlooked by not only the onfield mess of a ref. But his mate looking at it all on VAR.

But I won't as Mr Paul Tierney Esq and, worse, Mr Chris Cavannagh Esq in the box, did their level best to totally ruin it. I don't like referencing the officials as a reason for not winning. But nobody needs to look ANY further than those two. Had we had any semblance of competent officiating, and not the absolute shitshow on the pitch, compounded by his mate covering his back in the booth, and we're talking about another excellent L'pool win in extremely difficult circumstances and a 9th straight in all comps.

But they both decided to put forth the worst officiated game I can remember for a LONG time, with their ineptitude completely costing a L'pool side, that was far from its best, a certain 3 points.

Hard to nark about anyone in Red (which, outside of a handful of them, not least a stupendous 'keeping display from Alisson, you legitimately could), when the game is completely different if the officials had done the job they are paid very well to do.

So, to start Christmas week on a positive note, even if it doesn't feel like it with City gaining 2, a really good point in context (missing a whole spine and facing a rested and healthy Tottenham who'd patently been drilled hard in training through their enforced break the past few weeks. Along with complete ineptitude from the officials), that should/ would have been 3 were it not for Tierney and co. I've just tested negative which I honestly wasn't expecting after yesterday in the Omricon capital of the Country. And we should get a refund on a train F up.

That's what I'm taking and moving on to Leicester. If we even get that far after today's PL meeting.

Uo the robed blind Reds!

Last edited:
Without wishing to sound dramatic, when two teams are so much better than the rest and as equally matched as ourselves and City are, with next to nothing separating them, (over the last 4 seasons, City have amassed 309 points to our 306); the complete ineptitude of the officials yesterday could literally decide the title.

From our club statistician Ged Rea- In 20 domestic games this season have been issued with 27 yellow cards and one red. 11 of those yellows and the red have been issued in 3 games by Paul Tierney.

Hard to think there's not an agenda there from Tierney. (And I have zero issues with the AndyRobbo red yesterday. That was a ridiculous and reckless challenge. But what's the difference in Kanes, which was even more reckless and violent, that causes VAR to have the ref go to the monitor to correct another massive mistake he made in just giving the yellow?). But he gets to officiate again over Christmas in the PL with absolutely NO accountability for his disgrace yesterday. And don't get me started on Cavanagh on VAR .....

After the complete injustice of yesterday, the best thing either club does each and every year to brighten up your Monday-