Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Tevez

• Nani

• Phillipe Lahm

• Total voters
Torres, no question. But seriously, i think Robin van Persie is the third best right now. Also, a top 3 midlefield players I would pick Xavi, Iniesta and Silva in this order. And defenders, Thiago Silva, Alves and Lahm(just to pick one on each role). Goalies is hard, maybe Cassilas, Buffon and Hart/Stekelemburg.

Find it amusing how a few people think Silva is the 3rd best player in the world. Fabregas absolutely ***** on him for premierleague stats for goals and assists (when he played for a worse side).

IRL, I'd say Xavi.
On FM 12, I'd say Hulk.

My top 5 would be

1/2: Messi or Ronaldo 3: Xavi 4: Iniesta 5: Rooney

Find it amusing how a few people think Silva is the 3rd best player in the world. Fabregas absolutely ***** on him for premierleague stats for goals and assists (when he played for a worse side).

IRL, I'd say Xavi.
On FM 12, I'd say Hulk.

And lampard and gerrard have better stats than Xavi, and they play for a worse team

dont mean they are better ;)

I'd say it is among 3 players ( bear in mind that this is only an opinion) Mario Gomez (yes) , Rooney and Van Persie . I really don't know why Gomez is so underrated . He was runner-up last year in CL top scorers and is in second once again and just one goal behind of Messi (Gomez has 11). I know only 1st gets remembered in competitions, but this guy shouldn't be overlooked at all . Only Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals in all competitions than him in Europe so far. His minutes per goal in the CL have even been better than Messi . Messi has 60.0 whilst Gomez has an average of 59.8 . Yes it is not much of a difference but numbers tell a lot . Yes we know s Gomez was bad in Euro 2008 and he was average in his first season at Bayern but look where he is now. I think Gomez should be on the tongues of more people .

Xavi or Iniesta. Probably Xavi, just. But for me, those two are my only options for 3rd.

Messi would be my 3rd best player in the world. Personally he is only as good as the team he plays in. For me it would be Xavi, Ronaldo, Messi in that order. Some people will call me crazy but Xavi doesnt get the credit he deserves. He is the heartbeat of Barcelona. Barcelona would be a better team without Messi rather than Xavi.

Messi would be my 3rd best player in the world. Personally he is only as good as the team he plays in. For me it would be Xavi, Ronaldo, Messi in that order. Some people will call me crazy but Xavi doesnt get the credit he deserves. He is the heartbeat of Barcelona. Barcelona would be a better team without Messi rather than Xavi.

Without Messi, who would score?!

Without Messi, who would score?!

Villa, Sanchez...Basically who in Barcelona's midfield and attack cant score. What do you think of as more important. Messis goals or Xavis input in setting up so many chances, dictating the tempo and getting players into play? Its just my personal opinion that Xavi is better than anybody right now. Bar none.

I just think Nobody can compare to messi and ronaldo, the two best players ever

Heskey

LOOK I MADE A FUNNY I SAID HESKEY XD XD XD XD

My top 5 would be

1/2: Messi or Ronaldo 3: Xavi 4: Iniesta 5: Rooney

And lampard and gerrard have better stats than Xavi, and they play for a worse team

dont mean they are better ;)

Sorry can't agree there. When I'm talking about stats, I don't mean just goals and assists. Xavi pops up with the odd assist and his pass completion rate and his amount of passes per game is incomparable.

As for comparing Lampard and Gerrard to Xavi, they're not even in the same midfield category, whereas in my example, Fabregas and Silva are arguably in a team to do the same job. Xavi is more like the perfect compliment to a Gerrard or a Lampard, not a replica. Hope you see where I'm coming from.

David Silva, Juan Mata, Luka Modric, Xavi, Iniesta, hard to say really

1. CR9
2. Messi
3. Robben (although this season maybe RvP)

I just think Nobody can compare to messi and ronaldo, the two best players ever
as much as I agree they're both brilliant players up there with the best,the last bit sticks out a bit. Best ever? Really?
1. To call 2 players, not just 1, the best ever, surely both need to have retired/basically finished their careers e.g. roberto carlos at start of season. Seeing as both messi and ronaldo haven't even hit 30 yet, bit premature to call them the best ever.
2. What exactly have they done to make maradona, pele, cruyff, van basten, beckenbauer, neeskens, zico, butragueno, di stefano etc. uncomparable. All those players were equally dominant and majestic in their day.
3. Both messi and ronaldo rely on unquestionably skilled players around them, to be there to start the moves, to play the perfect one-two, to put in the cross, to drag away a defender. Yes they would both excel regardless of which team they were at, but there complete ability is also down to the play of their team-mates; for messi- xavi, iniesta, fabregas, dani alves, sanchez, pedro. For ronaldo at man u he had scholes, tevez and rooney predominantly, and at real has ozil, alonso, di maria, benzema all around him.

RVP is a good shout. The more I think about it the more I think I'd choose him as well, certainly on current form.