Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Tevez

• Nani

• Phillipe Lahm

• Total voters
Too many biased opinions, especially the Premier League choices. Rooney and van Persie? Like seriously? What have they done the past years? Both proved to be fairly useless against good defending philosophies. Who the **** is Silva? I hope you are speaking about Thiago Silva, not about the player of Man City. Xavi was a fine choice a couple of years ago, Pirlo plays much better nowadays than Xavi.

If we are going to judge for this years there should be Ibrahimovic, Gomez, Llorente, Iniesta (doubtful), Alves and Martinez. Too bad a lot of players from Real Madrid have not been very consistent or have been injured... Mesut would be a fine choice.

Are you guys watching only Premier League, Barcelona and Real Madrid? I am really surprised about your choices here.

I'd say Robben, or Rooney, though it is a biased opinion.

Too many biased opinions, especially the Premier League choices. Rooney and van Persie? Like seriously? What have they done the past years? Both proved to be fairly useless against good defending philosophies. Who the **** is Silva? I hope you are speaking about Thiago Silva, not about the player of Man City. Xavi was a fine choice a couple of years ago, Pirlo plays much better nowadays than Xavi.

If we are going to judge for this years there should be Ibrahimovic, Gomez, Llorente, Iniesta (doubtful), Alves and Martinez. Too bad a lot of players from Real Madrid have not been very consistent or have been injured... Mesut would be a fine choice.

Are you guys watching only Premier League, Barcelona and Real Madrid? I am really surprised about your choices here.

Pirlo better than Xavi?

Gomez, Llorente, Alves, Martinez, Ibra should be higher than Rooney and RVP? Give me a ******* break. While you are at it add Huntelaar too, he has scored 42 goals this season better than Gomez.

Laughable you say Rooney and RVP are useless against good defending and then defend Ibra who just shat bricks everytime he plays big games.

Btw nice username. Fitted perfectly.

Last edited:
I'd say Rooney - for the fact he is a much more complete player than many others mentioned. He can score with both feet and his head, poach and hit screamers, do the simple and crazy (OHK vs City), play upfront, in the hole, midfield and defend (to some extent). That and he always plays his heart of for the club.

Are you seriously asking these questions? Did you honestly, literally just ask us what Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie have done over the past year? If you did, then you, sir, are a complete vagplank, and that alone tells me you're not worth arguing with.

Pretty easy decision.

Emile Heskey
;)

Die.

I rate Xavi above Messi n CR.

Fool.

Messi is clearly number 1, and there wouldn't be a lot of debate on CR being #2. Personally I think Xavi or Iniesta would be number 3 but notable mentions could include several other Barca players (though are they the best in the world or just surrounded by stars? another debate), RVP, but of course the only clear answer is Yohan Cabaye ;)

Seriously it depends on how it's viewed. In my opinion players that should be considered for more than goals/ assists/ flair are players like Zanetti, maybe even Ashley Cole - consistent for a long time.

I'm surprised Ribery's not been mentioned. Okay, to be fair I haven't seen that much of him this season (I barely watch anything other than the PL and the CL) but to me the Frenchman seems like an assist machine! He creates so many chances, has great decision making and has an eye for goal! 14 goals and 23 assists (googled it) in all competitions speaks for itself doesn't it? Also a lot of people have mentioned Robben, which in itself is a fair shout but to me Ribery is a less selfish Robben. The Dutchman just seems to go for goal everytime he gets the ball where as Ribery evaluates what he is doing and makes the best decision.

Also gonna throw van Persie into the mix as I want an Arsenal player up there

Iker Casillas is probably the best 'keeper on the planet, but City's Joe Hart has made tremendous strides over the last few seasons to provide genuine competition.

Defenders Mats Hummels and Nevan Subotic really don't receive the compliments that they deserve for providing Dortmund with an excellent foundation to succeed, while Thiago Silva and Gerard Pique are key pieces in their respective team back lines.
Nemanja Vidic is still amongst the best, while attacking fullbacks Dani Alves, Maicon and Philipp Lahm remain as consistent as ever.

There aren't many better at controlling a game than Xavi Hernandez and Paul Scholes at the moment, and their importance to both Barcelona and United shouldn't be overestimated.

I'd have to put Yaya Toure up there at the minute too, the man's an absolute beast, there are few of his 'mould' and he is clearly missed when he's not playing.

Then you've got the more advanced, creative talents such as Wesley Sneijder, who has missed half of the season through injury but is still supremely talented. Eden Hazard still has a lot to prove but he's got the second most goals and the most assists in the competitive french Ligue 1, while players such as Arjen Robben and Gareth Bale continue to create moments of magic and score wonderful individual goals on a regular basis.

Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney have the lot. Creativity, technique and goal scoring ability in abundance, yet are in danger of being outshone by the scoring feats of Mario Gomez this term. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has the skill and natural ability to match and even exceed these, but is let down by attitude and inconsistency, while Neymar has unimaginable promise but has already had his head turned by the financial demons in football today. Time will tell whether his potential will be fully achieved.

If I had to choose one that was head and shoulders above anyone in his specific field, I'd have to go with Xavi Hernandez, with Iker Casillas 4th and Wayne Rooney 5th.

Agreed with most of your post except about Maicon. He has been average from last season. He just looks like washed up player.

I agree with Vanjagl. I actually said the same thing back 2 or 3 pages. Xavi for me is better than either Ronaldo or Messi. Can Messi or Ronaldo control a game like Xavi? I rest my case

Agreed with most of your post except about Maicon. He has been average from last season. He just looks like washed up player.

Yeah I was a bit dubious about putting him in but, as they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. Add Xabi Alonso to that list too, he's a fantastic ball player.

I agree with Vanjagl. I actually said the same thing back 2 or 3 pages. Xavi for me is better than either Ronaldo or Messi. Can Messi or Ronaldo control a game like Xavi? I rest my case

Can Xavi score 58 goals in a season or 135 goals in 134 games?

Not today ;)
And it was a joke :p

The same joke everyone makes every single ******* time this subject comes up.

FBP's list is pretty good. I disagree with Maicon, Subotic, Hazard and Bale, mind you, but they're all up there as being some of the best in the business, if perhaps not the third best in the world.

Last edited: