Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Tevez

• Nani

• Phillipe Lahm

• Total voters
But rooney gets aggrivated easily and can become aggresive easily.

I gotta say Gerrard is better than both. He can do it all defensive wise and attacking. Even Zidane said Gerrard is better than Messi and Ronald and Zidane is one of the best scouts in the world.

Gerrard isnt better than Messi, lol.

BBC Sport - Pele says Lionel Messi is not the greatest ever player

Lot of bias in this thread in general.

Read that post, it's about Pele saying "No, Messi isn't the best, I AM THE BEST! HA". It seems that people find it hard to let go of their "status", or the status of their idols. Unfortunately in his day, the pinacle of footballing competition was the World Cup, now it's the Champions League. The guy needs to get with the times.

For this discussion, best player in the world... depends entirely what you mean, what sort of player. The only players who get in this sort of list are those who can "change a team by himself" like RVP scoring more goals than Liverpool by himself would have to be a goal scorer, they get all the attention.

I'm going to go for Iniesta, as he's been consistently good at opening space, scoring etc, and Xavi was too easy to choose.

In response to post a few pages back, poll is now in place. Do let me know if I've forgotten anyone, as I probably have. Unfortunately I was only allowed 30 poll options so there isn't room to list all the possible contenders, but I think the main ones are all there.

Xavi has obviously never seen himself play.

As for Zidane - he's a better midfielder than Scholes also.

Quotes from footballers are nice - but they don't always tell an accurate story for me.

Agree with this, I recall Gerrard once saying that Joe Cole was good as Messi. As good an example as any that Quotes from footballers hardly tell the accurate story

No way, I would take Rooney over an Ibrahimovic any day of the week, Ibrahimovic is so lazy has very little work rate but his prescence gets him goals when he can be bothered, he is a decent finisher but Rooney has so more qualities and adds much more to a team.

I would probably say Rooney influences a game on his day just as much as a Xavi, but Xavi is more consistent, having said that Rooney is getting more consistent with age, no way Ibrahimovic is better than Rooney though.

When was your last time you watched games of Ibra. His work rate increased a lot after his spell at Barca. You have to watch him when he plays for Sweden as a playmaker. He shows some amazing stuff at that role too. Rooney lacks the technique and the smartness, the vision of the game. I am so sad that a talent like Berbatov is wasted for a "horse" like Rooney. Hey but thats the English football anyway - kick and run.

Here comes the cliche, kick and run, no vision bla bla bla. I can safely assume someone haven't watched Rooney.

And lol Ibra's work rate has improved? Stands still and wants ball at the feet.

Let me answer that, I have watched most of the Milan games and Ibra has got **** work rate, err no he has no work rate at all.

Serie A FTWWWW..

Last edited:
Here comes the cliche, kick and run, no vision bla bla bla. I can safely assume someone haven't watched Rooney.

And lol Ibra's work rate has improved? Stands still and wants ball at the feet.

Let me answer that, I have watched most of the Milan games and Ibra has got **** work rate, err no he has no work rate at all.

Serie A FTWWWW..

Each time I've seen Ibra play he's great at ruining build up play by being constantly offside.

Each time I've seen Ibra play he's great at ruining build up play by being constantly offside.

Yeah but tbh he is great creative player though. Drops deep and creates lot of chances and comes up with moments of magic very often. I like watching him play in Serie A, But this Insanity guy is blowing it over the top. He is doing it for all the Serie A players.

Yeah but tbh he is great creative player though. Drops deep and creates lot of chances and comes up with moments of magic very often. I like watching him play in Serie A, But this Insanity guy is blowing it over the top. He is doing it for all the Serie A players.

True. Even though I picked up his faults there, on the top of his game he can wreak havoc.

I do find it laughable though when people say Rooney lacks technique, flair, creativity, vision. It's just absolute rubbish

I do find it laughable though when people say Rooney lacks technique, flair, creativity, vision. It's just absolute rubbish

He is English and plays in PL. So what do you expect other than cliches that kick and run, rugby league and all the ****.

This is an extremely hard question. There are currently many great players in the world, at the moment, apart from Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo (although they are, in my opinion, by far superior to the others; although some may disagree) - some goalscorers like Mario Gomez/Klaas Jan Hunterlaar, some creative midfielders like Xavi/Andrés Iniesta.

However, I have to say my personal choice is Wayne Rooney for how complete he is; he is quick (although not rapid), strong and a good finisher. He would be closely followed by Arjen Robben and Robin Van Persie, who are also both very consistently class players. I think some other players (such as Vincent Kompany, Alexandre Pato and David Villa, for example) are more deserving to be on the poll than the likes of Mario Goetze and Nani (although I understand that you probably couldn't think of them all)!

The bias towards Serie A from insanity is unbelievable; I doubt that guy has watched much football (rather probably got his information off Football Manager), especially since he thinks Zlatan Ibrahimovic is virtually the best in the world and that the Barclays Premier League is the weakest 'big' league in Europe! I'm not going to respond to him personally, as he really needs to research his facts.

​- PZW

[video=youtube;J7Czid5Ojn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7Czid5Ojn0[/video]

[video=youtube;J7Czid5Ojn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7Czid5Ojn0[/video]

As I posted on another thread, Youtube vids mean nothing. I could make one of myself and look better than Casillas. Just quit with the Serie A worship, please? It's your opinion, not fact.

EDIT: And the vid isn't even of him playing football. Wow.

Dude, I was just trying to be sarcastic towards myself...Cause the song is pure humor.
Seria A worship? Am I biased or it is just the wrong website and the results of the poll showing it too - Rooney and van Persie getting more votes than players like Xavi and Iniesta... :)