Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Tevez

• Nani

• Phillipe Lahm

• Total voters
I would have to go with RVP. He's basically Ibrahimovic with a brain.

I would have to go with RVP. He's basically Ibrahimovic with a brain.

except RVP is left-footed, smaller, less arrogant and doesn't rely on his physical prowess.

but yeah, I suppose.

And everyone seems to take offence if you debate their opinion. :O

Steve, you say the best stamp their mark on their team, make their average/good team mates look good. But who does that more than Messi? Messi is a genius, who simply transcends all previous footballing styles. Xavi, while extremely good, is confined to the safety of doing what others have done throughout history, albeit almost perfectly. If I were to compare this to guitarists, Xavi is like Eric Clapton, who can play the blues perfectly, like no other does; but while he's confined to the limits of a guitar, Hendrix took those limits and re-defined what the guitar could do - and that's why he'll always be considered the greatest ever. You look at Messi, it's not the records he's breaking, it's HOW he's breaking them. He constantly produces moments of magic that others would have deemed impossible with a football, he's a genius who looks like he can do what he likes with the ball. He can win a game, all by himself, how many others can do that? If the rest of his team are playing poorly, all it takes is one of those unstoppable drives into the box that are nigh on impossible to stop, and he scores. If that's not making average/good players look good, I don't know what is. Is that not altering how his team plays?, stamping his mark on the game and his team? Xavi is performing a relatively simple role, he isn't altering how Barcelona play, he just happens to be one of the best ever within his role. Look at all the top teams around right now, all of them feature someone who can sit back and dictate the play for fun. Look at Leon Britton at Swansea, for instance. Xavi is phenomenal, but he's not a game changer, like your own criteria suggests he should be. Messi, however, is. He's the most unique and most magical player to come around in a **** of a long while.

And then Ronaldo, how many players in history have combined sheer physicality with technical ability like him? Strength, a tremendous leap and electric pace, an outstandingly good goalscorer with a great heading ability all rolled into one complete package.

All of the players you noted took the game, changed and did what they liked with it. Xavi, for me, doesn't really do that.

ALL OF MY LIKES

ALL

OF MY LIKES

Yes, obviously the Premier League is at its prime this season...Seriously guys I am trying not to be insulting but be realistic.

Rooney got overplayed from Berbatov the last season, he did nothing special last year and this year Man UTD are probably going to win the weakest top league (If we count Spain, England, Italy and Germany as the top leagues).

Rooney won the league and guided us to Champions league finals. Even scoring a goal in champions league finals.
Talking about weakest league there is nothing weaker than Serie A. They are even lower than Germany in coefficients.

Ibrahimovic was injured half the time this season and he was and is the goalscorer of Seria A and the main reason Milan are 2 points ahead of Juve. I do not know who brought the inconsistency matter to him. In fact he is one of the most consistent performers out there. He plays well against the big sides, in fact he assisted for Noccerino's goal against Barca. Was Messi better than him in these matches? Having in mind how much more Barca attacked than Milan and Messi scored 2 but from penalties, I would say no. In these big matches the stars are marked tightly and are not given much free time. Add for Ibrahimovic that he plays at typical AMC playmaker for Sweden and shows some top class creativity... he is actually my first choice for top 3 player out there.

Well done for missing Robinho's brilliance for the first goal. And Ibra has scored grand total of 3 goals in champions league KOs and he has played for biggest teams in the world. And yes he is inconsistent. Second half of the season he is.
The striker's job is to score goals. This is why people say Marco van Basten was the best striker N9 out there. This season there are no better goal scorers from Ibrahimovic, LLorente and Gomez in the international scene or are there?

LLorente? Have you checked his records or just saying because everyone says he is a great player? How about Huntelaar? He has scored more than any of the players you have mentioned. RVP has incredible scoring rate from last year.
Last 2 seasons
Ibra 77 games - 50 goals
RVP 74 games - 55 goals.

I have not watched many games of Arsenal, however Arsenal are also playing in Premier League only with no huge international influence overall the last years. I can see that Robin van Persie is their leader and their star, but he got completely shut down at the only 2 matches I've watched him play this season. Wasn't he shown a red card (although controversial) in their most important match last year, against Barca?

And you want someone who plays in Serie A as 3rd best player. More like retirement league :palm:

Pirlo vs Xavi. Pirlo is the main reason Juve is in a Renascence, he completely changed the team, while Xavi gets benched more and more. I do agree that its his age and lack of stamina and fear of injuries that keep him on the bench, but a rotation player being the 3rd best in the World? Add to this Xavi's complete character change and how he acts as an assistant referee more than a player in some of his matches, he turned out from my favorite playmaker and a joy to watch to a complete disgrace. Scouls? Give me a break, this guy does not how to pass once someone pressures him and this is not a problem from today, it is in his entire carrier. How do you think he gets booked in almost every game he plays - after losing a ball from a high pressuring opponent.

Xavi is the best midfielder. There is a reason why Spain and Barca are winning everything at sight. What did Pirlo do in the recent years? He is no where near Xavi. Again Serie A player lol. Must be Juve or Milan fan.

Its Scholes. And you talk about Pirlo as better than Xavi. Prilo is like Carrick whensome puts pressure on him. He needs someone to do all the dirty work for him. As for Scholes I will just leave it.

Pique and Silva are really the best defenders at the moment and Alves + Lahm the best full/wing backs.

Defender who plays ball brilliantly is the best CB? This season Pique has been poor. Hope you watch games before commenting rather than just for the sake of it. Going by last few seasons Vidic and then Thiago Silva.

Iker is the heart of Real and I can not think of anyone doing better at keeping the goal clean than him.
Somewhat agreed but lets not forget his monumental **** ups in the last few years. He is not as good as people believe him to be.

Is Schweinsteiger still injured? I have to be honest and say that I do not follow much German's league. If so I would say Yaya Toure deserves credit and is probably the best defensive mid at the moment out there. De Rossi shows first signs of declining or he is just over confident the last season, but he is not that complete player, he used to be few years ago.

Yaya Toure is not a DM. He haven't played as one in the last 2 years. He is box to box player.

To conclude, smell of Serie A bias.

Last edited:
Gomez has 198 goals in 332 games, Huntelaar has 240 in 368 (172 of them in a comparitably weaker dutch league).
Either way, neither are 3rd best in the world, but certainly among the best at putting the ball in the back of the net.

Fair enough, I was just taking this season into consideration not whole career.

Lahm- absolutely amazing and has been for years
Goetze- great now and can only get better
Vorm- saved swansea in every game
Fabregas- allround great mid
HESKEY!!!

Yes, obviously the Premier League is at its prime this season...Seriously guys I am trying not to be insulting but be realistic.

Rooney got overplayed from Berbatov the last season, he did nothing special last year and this year Man UTD are probably going to win the weakest top league (If we count Spain, England, Italy and Germany as the top leagues).

Ibrahimovic was injured half the time this season and he was and is the goalscorer of Seria A and the main reason Milan are 2 points ahead of Juve. I do not know who brought the inconsistency matter to him. In fact he is one of the most consistent performers out there. He plays well against the big sides, in fact he assisted for Noccerino's goal against Barca. Was Messi better than him in these matches? Having in mind how much more Barca attacked than Milan and Messi scored 2 but from penalties, I would say no. In these big matches the stars are marked tightly and are not given much free time. Add for Ibrahimovic that he plays at typical AMC playmaker for Sweden and shows some top class creativity... he is actually my first choice for top 3 player out there.

The striker's job is to score goals. This is why people say Marco van Basten was the best striker N9 out there. This season there are no better goal scorers from Ibrahimovic, LLorente and Gomez in the international scene or are there?

I have not watched many games of Arsenal, however Arsenal are also playing in Premier League only with no huge international influence overall the last years. I can see that Robin van Persie is their leader and their star, but he got completely shut down at the only 2 matches I've watched him play this season. Wasn't he shown a red card (although controversial) in their most important match last year, against Barca?

Pirlo vs Xavi. Pirlo is the main reason Juve is in a Renascence, he completely changed the team, while Xavi gets benched more and more. I do agree that its his age and lack of stamina and fear of injuries that keep him on the bench, but a rotation player being the 3rd best in the World? Add to this Xavi's complete character change and how he acts as an assistant referee more than a player in some of his matches, he turned out from my favorite playmaker and a joy to watch to a complete disgrace. Scouls? Give me a break, this guy does not how to pass once someone pressures him and this is not a problem from today, it is in his entire carrier. How do you think he gets booked in almost every game he plays - after losing a ball from a high pressuring opponent.

Maicon does not even play. He suffers injuries and a bad form. Same for the majority of Inter players including Schneider. Actually in Italy they blame Schneider for the form of Inter.

Pique and Silva are really the best defenders at the moment and Alves + Lahm the best full/wing backs.

Iker is the heart of Real and I can not think of anyone doing better at keeping the goal clean than him.

Is Schweinsteiger still injured? I have to be honest and say that I do not follow much German's league. If so I would say Yaya Toure deserves credit and is probably the best defensive mid at the moment out there. De Rossi shows first signs of declining or he is just over confident the last season, but he is not that complete player, he used to be few years ago.

I had a good laugh reading this.

Pique has been WAY below his best this year.

And Yaya Toure has barely played defensive midfield since he left Barcelona

And you say you dont follow the German league yet are convinced its better than the English league!

Pique has had some love issues hasent he, hes been distracted by his girlfriend and pep told him to get a grip or **** be kicked out.

I gotta say Gerrard is better than both. He can do it all defensive wise and attacking. Even Zidane said Gerrard is better than Messi and Ronald and Zidane is one of the best scouts in the world.

Zidane isnt scout. Too much FM i recon?

i thought he became a scout when he retired.

I gotta say Gerrard is better than both. He can do it all defensive wise and attacking. Even Zidane said Gerrard is better than Messi and Ronald and Zidane is one of the best scouts in the world.
Wow! Oh deary me.

3rd Best in the world... Not easy!

Robben/Rooney/Ibrahimovic/Xavi/Iniesta. I'd go for the last three.

Zidane is acting as a conselour/scout for Real Madrid at the moment

Iniesta for me. Unfortunately he is usually overshadowed by Xavi and Messi when it comes to performances and attention but a brilliant player according to me

As much as i support bayern i still find that robben is a bit to selfish and considering the fact that hes almost always injured and gets payed 100+ a week hes expensive. But when hes fit he is a matchwinner. When ur in britain you dont hear so much about his injurys, just when hes got good form you get news about him.

3rd Best in the world... Not easy!

Robben/Rooney/Ibrahimovic/Xavi/Iniesta. I'd go for the last three.

No way, I would take Rooney over an Ibrahimovic any day of the week, Ibrahimovic is so lazy has very little work rate but his prescence gets him goals when he can be bothered, he is a decent finisher but Rooney has so more qualities and adds much more to a team.

I would probably say Rooney influences a game on his day just as much as a Xavi, but Xavi is more consistent, having said that Rooney is getting more consistent with age, no way Ibrahimovic is better than Rooney though.