4-1-2-3 Unbeatable Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299

• Thread starter Thread starter Hazza22299
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 1M
Hazza, some reviews. Again :D

I have found that the OI works with some kind of pattern that fits this tactic "like a glove" (you can say this like Jim Carey).

So, i ask my assistant to give instructions, then i select all the players, including subs and GK and put weaker foot on them all and no instructions for tackling. The other 2 (pressing and tied marking), i left unchanged.

The result is pretty good, not so many yellow cards and the fact that the defenders and midfielders don't pass the ball so precisely, gives you the ball quicker.

BUT... the V2 man marking left the space behind the FB with some gaps and the opponent FBs with no marking. The strikers just man marking the CB.

I know i could do it manually and put STR to Left FB and STL to right FB, but if they switch positions, how would they keep that man marking? IMO, after an attack, they would have to run to the opposite side of the field (after the switch) to cover, witch i think its not proper. This wasn't happening in V1. why?

PS - V 2.3? do you have more info?

V2 Man marking: I agree with your statement, that's why I just adviced in post 760 to set the GENERAL team settings to ZONAL

About the switching position:
Opposite Defense : DR - DCR - DCL - DL
Your attack line: STL - STC - STR

In possession of the ball:
To make your STR and STL switching position make it harder for the DCR and DCL to mark them (remember, your wide ST aren't in the DR and DL zone (as explained in previous posts), so they won't be marked by these full backs, but by the CENTRAL defenders).
I made them switching position because I wanted to see how they'd react with the ball around the penalty box. It's a way I found to involve both wide ST more in goals scoring, instead of only assisting the STC (a right foot on STL spot would tend to shot, or give a killer ball to the STC or STR (according to his own "decision/long shot/passing/teamwork" attributes (and his PPM of course), and their "acceleration/off the ball" attributes: do they offer him a better option?).

Without the ball:
The STL settings will ALWAYS stay for the STL players. It means making them switching position doesn't affect at all the global players' duties.

Opposite Defense: Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
Your attack line: Welbeck - Rooney - Hernandez
When your team doesn't have the ball, Welbeck marks specifically Richards. When Hernandez switches his position with Welbeck and takes the STL spot, he'll AUTOMATICALLY follow the initial STL settings, which is asked to mark Richards.

The switch between 2 players can be inappropriate if the 2 players roles are dramatically different (eg: AML: Advanced Playmaker/support - AMR: Inside Forward/attack). In Hazza's tactic situation, the 2 wide ST have the EXACT same settings (attack minded, creative freedom, passing, marking, tackling, roaming, crossing...). These players have to be identical (winger type, with Finishing/Composure is perfect).

WARNING: do NOT make the 2 wide ST switching between them if they are EXCLUSIVE footed (Left or Right ONLY).
Again, it's still a plug and play tactic, JUST one box to tick (or not) depending on your players, that's it (and provide a reasonable improvement to your attacks' finishing) ^^).

This can be applied to the 2 MC as explained in previous posts as well. They have IDENTICAL roles, so with the same settings (and not a combo of 2 different kind of MC: AP, DLP, B2B, BWM...).

Last edited:
Will do. Actually, its not that defensive as its an agressiv Counter style with DR/L as Wingbacks/attack. It works almost like à deep 4222 Box midfield

Hy TBH,

Just curious about your "counter 4123" tactic.

As i understand it in game, the 3 ST exploit, is (as it's said, lol) EXPLOITIVE because it puts 3 players in a zone of 2. The ME becomes confused in the marking system then. I tried to explain the movement in the post 653, so feel free to highlight or correct me if I'm wrong.

The 3 ST exploit is NOT exploitive anymore as long as there's 3 DC (3 players in a zone of 3 now). It becomes a "normal" situation of 3 vs 3, 3 players against 3 other players in a zone of 3 (the result would then be depending on the ST and DC qualities' difference).

You explained in your previous post to counter the 4123 with a 532 (meaning with 3 DC, which "cancels" the exploit then), and I read about this 4222 now. My question is: does your tactic a 4222? or should I understand it's still a 532, which works like a deep 4222 Box midfield ("in the philosophy" I mean)?
If the 1st option, I'm really curious to know how you counter this exploit with only 2 DC...

@ Hazza and Medmax you guy are brilliant! Thank You again for the patient. Thank!

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate it.

I don't quote you with your post 765 as it's massive. By the way, you don't need to write like this, I still can read with the "normal police" ;).

Private message me the players in your squad and I'll see if I could help and suggest you how I'd place them in attacking/defending corners/free kicks. I'm not saying you'll never conceed anymore, but how I believe it should be set :).
Do it IF you play with a normal squad (I mean like in real life), and not with some kind of "fantasy database" because I couldn't help you without knowing the players' attributes. You speak in the posts 720/765 about Mavin? Seedorf (Milan? Botafogo?)? Beckham? Ginola? Overmar?

Remember, the attacking corner doesn't really need improvement as it takes advantage of the 1st post exploit. You still can make your DC with best attributes in Agression/Strength to challenge the keeper, your best long shot/composure/positioning/decision player lurking outside the surface area, and another one with good positioning IN the box (in case the GK doesn't catch the ball: GK attributes in catching the ball? punching it?).

HAZZA's initial tactic set the STC to attack at the 1st post. Is your STC appropriate for this?
I personnally left IBRAHIMOVIC (STC) in this position in my save, but I can tell he wasn't the most appropriate one in my squad and did miss quite a lot!!! I left him there on purpose as I wanted to see how many goals a player can score in a season, but I know I could have scored much more in the complete season. When I played GAMEIRO (a small ST) in the STC spot (to rest IBRA), I always ONLY changed the "attack near post" setting BEFORE KICK OFF (after you press "submit team", so it doesn't stay permanently, and ONLY affect the game I'm playing), so be careful who you sub your STC with.

If you want to find the best player in your squad to attack at the 1st post, look at your DC, DM, ST attributes in Heading/Jumping of course, but a good attribute in ANTICIPATION would be welcome as well (player able to read the game (and where the ball is going to go) before the opposite defenders ;)).

Anyway, it's just some of my beliefs and other people could have interesting theories as well :).

Last edited:
Hey sorry if this has been covered i couldn't find it.....

I was playing on a previous version of fm2012, won my first 5 games each by 4 goals or more and then all of a sudden my players get angry/dont respond to my team talks! I drew a couple then lost one and the team is playing nowhere near as well!

Is this because steam has automatically updated my game? I didn't think this could happen to a game that had already started and would've thought that any changes in the update would only affect new games started since the update and only when selecting to use the new database.

Can you shed some light on this for me? Is there any way to go back to using the old version/any changes i can make to tactics/team talks now?

It was much more fun when i was winning 6-0 :(....tactic is genius btw

Thankyou

Hey sorry if this has been covered i couldn't find it.....

I was playing on a previous version of fm2012, won my first 5 games each by 4 goals or more and then all of a sudden my players get angry/dont respond to my team talks! I drew a couple then lost one and the team is playing nowhere near as well!

Is this because steam has automatically updated my game? I didn't think this could happen to a game that had already started and would've thought that any changes in the update would only affect new games started since the update and only when selecting to use the new database.

Can you shed some light on this for me? Is there any way to go back to using the old version/any changes i can make to tactics/team talks now?

It was much more fun when i was winning 6-0 :(....tactic is genius btw

Thankyou

There hasn't been any updates lately so it cant be a problem with the match engine. However, if your saying that you have been playing fm offline with an earlier patch and have recently turned on steam to online and it has proceeded to update. Then in any such case the tactic should still work fine as it was made for the latest patch anyway :s

I suggest having a look at your team talks....tactic fluidity...team line up etc ?

Hey thanks for your quick reply!

Well, i havent been playing it on this computer for ages, possibly before jan, as i was having trouble with steam....so effectively i believe you are right and steam has proceeded to automatically update.

Would this affect gameplay of a game that has already started!? (I didnt think it would as player stats wouldnt suddenly decrease or anything like that)

If it would then i am sure this has happened....its so frustrating....i have also noticed that my reputation is regional (left as automatic) and i am playing in first season as tottenham....so maybe since the update this is taken into account more which is why my team talks are now not having any effect?

My team talks and tactics and line ups have been consistently the same.....all of a sudden they dont seem to work :(

Thanks again

Ok so after reading up a bit more on forums surrounding issue of team talks after update i left it to my assistant both pre match and half time and we won 6-1!

Cavani scored 5 and after the match i had a private chat, calmly said he was superb in his last match, and he replied saying he didnt agree with me and we clearly hold different standards!! He got a 10.00 ffs! Lol what is that about???

Thanks for the help bud. Last thing I want to know is...

Is v2 better with the set marking instructions as intended by Hazza or is it better to untick marking as he has suggested as an option?

Sorry mate, I'd be happy to help but I don't get your point... oO)

Hy TBH,

Just curious about your "counter 4123" tactic.

As i understand it in game, the 3 ST exploit, is (as it's said, lol) EXPLOITIVE because it puts 3 players in a zone of 2. The ME becomes confused in the marking system then. I tried to explain the movement in the post 653, so feel free to highlight or correct me if I'm wrong.

The 3 ST exploit is NOT exploitive anymore as long as there's 3 DC (3 players in a zone of 3 now). It becomes a "normal" situation of 3 vs 3, 3 players against 3 other players in a zone of 3 (the result would then be depending on the ST and DC qualities' difference).

You explained in your previous post to counter the 4123 with a 532 (meaning with 3 DC, which "cancels" the exploit then), and I read about this 4222 now. My question is: does your tactic a 4222? or should I understand it's still a 532, which works like a deep 4222 Box midfield ("in the philosophy" I mean)?
If the 1st option, I'm really curious to know how you counter this exploit with only 2 DC...

I meant that whilst looking defensive in theory, the flow of the game in the trasition phase looks like a box midfield with DMC,DMC/MC,MC. At the moment, I am playing with a Narrow 4132 and here, I use an anchorman type of player that drops deep and picks up the central FC. This is combination with specific man-marking in midfield.

Players in 4132 marks players in 4123

FCleft - Fullback Right
FCright - Fullback Left

MCcentral - DMC
MCleft - MCright
MCright - MCleft

DMC - Central FC

DCleft - FCright
DCright - FCleft

and the central DC on loose zonal playing as a limited cover player with a mentality set to 0.

With this said, end of off topic

Last edited:
@Dioniz

currently you using v2.. what your wide striker marking setting?

Marking setting
Striker Left - ?
Striker Right - ?

Last edited:
Hazza thx a million times for the uploads.

Medmax, maan what am I supposed to say, you are plain gold!
Loving your posts, plz keep them longer and LONGER, I just can't seem to get enough.
I started playing FM a week ago after about 6-7 years, and learned soooo much from your posts about the game. You've enhanced my gaming experience immensely. God bless you:D

V2 Man marking: I agree with your statement, that's why I just adviced in post 760 to set the GENERAL team settings to ZONAL

About the switching position:
Opposite Defense : DR - DCR - DCL - DL
Your attack line: STL - STC - STR

In possession of the ball:
To make your STR and STL switching position make it harder for the DCR and DCL to mark them (remember, your wide ST aren't in the DR and DL zone (as explained in previous posts), so they won't be marked by these full backs, but by the CENTRAL defenders).
I made them switching position because I wanted to see how they'd react with the ball around the penalty box. It's a way I found to involve both wide ST more in goals scoring, instead of only assisting the STC (a right foot on STL spot would tend to shot, or give a killer ball to the STC or STR (according to his own "decision/long shot/passing/teamwork" attributes (and his PPM of course), and their "acceleration/off the ball" attributes: do they offer him a better option?).

Without the ball:
The STL settings will ALWAYS stay for the STL players. It means making them switching position doesn't affect at all the global players' duties.

Opposite Defense: Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
Your attack line: Welbeck - Rooney - Hernandez
When your team doesn't have the ball, Welbeck marks specifically Richards. When Hernandez switches his position with Welbeck and takes the STL spot, he'll AUTOMATICALLY follow the initial STL settings, which is asked to mark Richards.

The switch between 2 players can be inappropriate if the 2 players roles are dramatically different (eg: AML: Advanced Playmaker/support - AMR: Inside Forward/attack). In Hazza's tactic situation, the 2 wide ST have the EXACT same settings (attack minded, creative freedom, passing, marking, tackling, roaming, crossing...). These players have to be identical (winger type, with Finishing/Composure is perfect).

WARNING: do NOT make the 2 wide ST switching between them if they are EXCLUSIVE footed (Left or Right ONLY).
Again, it's still a plug and play tactic, JUST one box to tick (or not) depending on your players, that's it (and provide a reasonable improvement to your attacks' finishing) ^^).

This can be applied to the 2 MC as explained in previous posts as well. They have IDENTICAL roles, so with the same settings (and not a combo of 2 different kind of MC: AP, DLP, B2B, BWM...).

Many thanks about the doubts.

Still having one issue:

The STC as zonal marking (to cover both CB?). ok, but how can i put the STR and the STL to mark the FB, before the game? Ingame its easy, but i don't want to do it all the time

Hey Hazza,

I recently started a save with Xerez in Spain using v2, they have no money so only signings were loanees and freebies and i won the league (liga adelante) in the first season and won the Spanish cup, beating Real Madrid and Sevilla on the way.

I rotated three strikers in the central role: Pandiani 47 goals, Velez 30 goals, and Jorda 19(in half a season)

I'm just about to start the second season, posting it up as a story here - follow for results

I used this tactic for 2 seasons. I am with Inter, year 2016 now. Last year I started very well, I was 1st 6 points ahead from second, very good, but then bad results started, we played very bad. We were eliminated from Europa League by Dnipro. I ended 3rd on the league. Now second season, I was first until the game 6 or 7. Then I started again playing bad, loosing, and missing some incredible goals. I'm now like 5th, and I'm scared that the same thing from last season could happen. I have won the 3 games I played on the Champions League group so far, against Ranger 2-1 Home, Bayern Munich 2-0 Away, and 4-2 away against Copenhague, but I don't want the same thing that happened last season, to happen here. So that's why I'm asking here what can I do? I've lost 2-1 against Napoli, and recently draw 1-1 against Parma after winning 1-0, playing all game with 1 more player, and 2 more players near the end of the game. Any help please? thanks and sorry for my bad english :/

I've seen some players having trouble with this tactic. A neighbor of mine, also a fan, have the same problem: loss.

For him i have found the problem.

The only glitch in the tactic is the weakness of the 2 MCs and the DMC. Most of the games, they are out numbered, and they have to run all the midfield to keep things together. If they don't have enough resistance, the last 30 minutes, your team will fall apart.

Also, the stamina of the 2 FB as to be always more than 80 % at the end of the game

Many thanks about the doubts.

Still having one issue:

The STC as zonal marking (to cover both CB?). ok, but how can i put the STR and the STL to mark the FB, before the game? Ingame its easy, but i don't want to do it all the time

The STC as zonal marking (to cover both CB?) Read post 678
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-68.html

How can i put the STR and the STL to mark the FB, before the game? Ingame its easy, but i don't want to do it all the time. Explained in the post 617
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-62.html

And I'll add the post 649 to make sure the marking change STAYS effective
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-65.html

Some people don't read the previous posts, so don't know about NOT OPENING the STL and STR individual settings after downloading Hazza's tactic on the OP. And I can understand some others don't want to be bothered with this marking change as well. That's fine. I still invite you to read the post 688 and realize how this "simple" tweak can affect your game (don't be bothered with the story, but read the APOEL NICOSIE's analyse and hope you'll experience the same as I did, while watching your game).
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-69.html

Last edited:
Hazza thx a million times for the uploads.

Medmax, maan what am I supposed to say, you are plain gold!
Loving your posts, plz keep them longer and LONGER, I just can't seem to get enough.
I started playing FM a week ago after about 6-7 years, and learned soooo much from your posts about the game. You've enhanced my gaming experience immensely. God bless you:D

Thank you very much my friend, I really really appreciate it.
I'm actually happy it helped someone at least.

Again, all credits go to HAZZA who MADE this tactic. I've just tried to help him to, what I believe, make it more solid.

On the other hand, I hope you guys don't see me as "showing off" or anything like that. I know I quite write a lot, because I type on my keyboard the same way as I think. Sometimes, it scares me as well when I see the lenght of my posts... :D.
Anyway, there's heaps of tacticians much more better than I actually am. I learned a lot by reading other people threads/post as well. So, I try to give few tips here and there. Is helping each other not the purpose of this website? forums?
Maybe, I'm not great to summarize information, but I just try to explain everything for you to understand :).

Thanks again

Last edited:
Back