4-2-2-2 "il Devasto" (untick target man... XD)

SATOROX,

Currently in my first full season using the real madrid tactic (3rd season with Cardiff, 2nd in the premiership) and im top of the league by 6 points with around 8 games to play!!! I have Wilfried and Quintero up front, Wilfried on 30 goals, Quintero on 18. Also Adam Hlouslek on left wing who's scored 10 goals.

How is this tactic so good???!!!

Sorry to ask again but why doesnt this tactic have the same features as the modern tactics, eg setting individual roles for players and why does it still includes arrow directions like on older versions of football manager?

Last edited:
Is anyone else using (and having success) with the vd version of devasto?

SATOROX,

Currently in my first full season using the real madrid tactic (3rd season with Cardiff, 2nd in the premiership) and im top of the league by 6 points with around 8 games to play!!! I have Wilfried and Quintero up front, Wilfried on 30 goals, Quintero on 18. Also Adam Hlouslek on left wing who's scored 10 goals.

How is this tactic so good???!!!

Sorry to ask again but why doesnt this tactic have the same features as the modern tactics, eg setting individual roles for players and why does it still includes arrow directions like on older versions of football manager?

because this tactic is a classical version...

I used it with Feyenoord for 3 seasons and won almost everthing(except the CL) but i used the VD in combination with Reload

Im playing as aston villa, and my version is 12.0.4 i think what of the tactics is best for me then?

hey Chanty how you mean mized with reload with vd?

Sorry for the late response,
If i have a difficult match CL or in the competion i play with VD, and against lowers rakend clubs the Reload,
so i train both tactics, example: Against Ajax i play VD and against VVV the Reload.
Hope this work for u too

Question: I'm playing now with the Il devasto is back, but still i'm getting a lot of red cards and many injuries, how can i fix this.
because the workload has to be on verry high, maybe this has to go to medium??

Using the 'devestato is cooking' tactic. Scoring an average of nearly 4.5 goals a game. Amazing tactic!

Just wow....

Player Goals Assists Apps Average Rating
RvP 85 34 56 8.08
Doumbia 55 39 48 8.98
Hulk 34 36 56 7.94
Mata 8 33 37 7.36
Fierro 20 12 15 8.10

Won the Premier League for the 4th time in a row, with an average of 4.32 goals a game (165 goals in 38 games)

This tactic (The Devasto is cooking) is working wonders for me! Best tactic I have ever downloaded by a mile!

oh, greatzzzzzzzzzzz, could you post some screens???

p.s. have you used devasto is cooking v5 or devasto is back and which patch????

Last edited:
oh, greatzzzzzzzzzzz, could you post some screens???

p.s. have you used devasto is cooking v5 or devasto is back and which patch????

Sorry, I was actually using tom's tweaked tactic, the one on page 9 of this thread (Il devasto clock movement).

I will post screens in a bit, because I am really busy right now...

Last edited:
Here is the league table of last season, as well as 3 of my best players. I only started using this tactic last season, so the numbers before the last season are irrelevant.

My computer unexpectedly crashed shortly after my previous post. Luckily I only lost two games, but the goal stats might be better or worse by a goal or two as I had to replay the two games.